A horrible thread I found

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/readTopic.do?id=1671340

It's a "normal" bodybuilders forum in which they are talking about Vegan Bodybuilding. There were many rude,brainwashed, and simply untrue posts against veganism. One of the most stupid is that they show a picture of Robbie Hazely posing is abs, and they claim he's a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, but he's a vegan! And the same person said that "I agree that it's very hard to build muscle on a vegan diet, but there certainly are many vegetarian bodybuilders!". And in that post they show that picture of Robbie Hazeley, and claim he's a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian! We should kindly debunk there myths !

Those jerks don't answer too well to kindness...they stomp on it. They basically need to run into someone in real life thats vegan and stronger than they are...most of them simply won't believe muscular people are vegans unless they see it in person.

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise. I'm a big proponent of standing up for truth. And using kindness (and logic) is very important. The big mouths probably will never (want to) learn, but the people reading are likely to see the truth. We just gotta keep at it.

This can be angering and rob us of energy; so realize they're victims of propaganda and don't spend much time arguing with any one person.

How weird! I think that thread is where I first learned about this site. I commented as philipvtech. It boogled my mind when I found it because a vegan, Mike Mahler, wrote over a dozen articles for that site and no one even acknowledged him.

What really kills me about that site is the sheer number of people who wrote posts like

"I'm eating my second steak while reading this thread"

or:

"MMMM MEAT... I LOVE MEAT.... MMMM MORE FOR ME" and that sort of nauseating stuff.

And people wonder why bodybuilderss get a reputation for cro-magnon tendencies. Ugh.

What really kills me about that site is the sheer number of people who wrote posts like

or:

"MMMM MEAT... I LOVE MEAT.... MMMM MORE FOR ME" and that sort of nauseating stuff.

And people wonder why bodybuilderss get a reputation for cro-magnon tendencies. Ugh.

As Sea Siren said... I think some of us are just used to those comments.

At the last gym I trained at, people teasing me about their big fat juicy steak was a daily thing.

I just don't ever feel a need to say anything back because my time is better suited conversing with people who have somewhat of an interest in the subject. I just think in my head, "my god, can't they get some new material".

or:

As Sea Siren said... I think some of us are just used to those comments.

At the last gym I trained at, people teasing me about their big fat juicy steak was a daily thing.

I just don't ever feel a need to say anything back because my time is better suited conversing with people who have somewhat of an interest in the subject. I just think in my head, "my god, can't they get some new material".

Why not just reply that back to them? Just say "Oh, that's new, I've never heard that one before." and walk away.

Why not just reply that back to them? Just say "Oh, that's new, I've never heard that one before." and walk away.

Well... that implies that I'd have to be a member of said forum (which wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell in happening).

Why would i join a forum full of carnist bodybuilders when I've got this one here?

It still does make my head swim, though, when I read comments like that.

Well... that implies that I'd have to be a member of said forum (which wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell in happening).

Why would i join a forum full of carnist bodybuilders when I've got this one here?

It still does make my head swim, though, when I read comments like that.

I was replying to Veggie Princess about the people at her old gym, I wouldn't suggest joining a forum to say something like that.