B12?

b3studios

You are absolutely right.

According to Jack Norris, vegan R.D. it is also much more expensive and not at all necessary unless you are one of the people who have trouble absorbing b-12. Generally these are people who are over 50, who have smoked heavily, or who have drank a lot.

You can read more about it in his article I quoted the URL for above.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is probably prudent to changed between sources (coenzyme, methyl, cano, etc.) and brands, ever bottle.

Since it is a bacteria and is grown, you could get a bad batch (bacteria could have been killed) and your body might not be as good absorbing one type over another. Since our bodies store it well (multiple year worth of supply can be stored), taking various brands and types ever 3 months or so, might guard against any negatives of any certain types/brands, while you make large stores in your body during the time you take ones that work better for you.

I have looked for these pills before but never found any. I am sure Vegan Essentials would carry one.

What is the best organic, vegan one to use? I also heard they have one you just lightly spray into your mouth.

Forget about organic - it's made in a lab, not the ground.

I HIGHLY suggest that you take a B-complex but if you are only going to take B-12 then I believe Trader Joe's has a vegan/vegetarian one. The form of B-12 you want is Cyanocobalamin.

Does Vegan Essentials sell any B-Complex? What's B-Complex anyways? Is it like a Multi-vitamin? If that is what you suggest then I will gladly take it. You're opinion/Advice( Along with a few others I know and rely on here ) I trust with all my heart and soul. Mostly because you seem like a very smart human who knows a great deal and always has good information.

Dear Pink,

I am glad that you think my advice is worthwhile. For the record, I have a degree in Biology, Bio-engineering and Nursing (with minors in women's studies, biology and nutrition). My master's is in Nursing Anesthesia. My hobbies include vegan nutrition and bodybuilding. I hold my opinions on vegan nutrition/bodybuilding to the same standards as those I hold to my profession. You will never hear me say to a patient "Aye, it seems as though your body said "give me less anesthetic, that stuff is toxic to my colon, and it's not organic, and my body will tell me when I need calcium and B-12" bullshit". I grew up with a hippie/homeopathic mindset and was educated with an Ivy League education. I consider myself to be open to new ideas so long as the science and INTELLIGENCE follows. I have little tolerance for nutritional bullshit. Unfortunately, there is a lot of BS out there. If you ever have any questions that I don't address on a thread, please feel free to pm me.

Take care,

DV

Dear Pink,

I am glad that you think my advice is worthwhile. For the record, I have a degree in Biology, Bio-engineering and Nursing (with minors in women's studies, biology and nutrition). My master's is in Nursing Anesthesia. My hobbies include vegan nutrition and bodybuilding. I hold my opinions on vegan nutrition/bodybuilding to the same standards as those I hold to my profession. You will never hear me say to a patient "Aye, it seems as though your body said "give me less anesthetic, that stuff is toxic to my colon, and it's not organic, and my body will tell me when I need calcium and B-12" bullshit". I grew up with a hippie/homeopathic mindset and was educated with an Ivy League education. I consider myself to be open to new ideas so long as the science and INTELLIGENCE follows. I have little tolerance for nutritional bullshit. Unfortunately, there is a lot of BS out there. If you ever have any questions that I don't address on a thread, please feel free to pm me.

Take care,

DV

I, for one, am grateful for your posts. And I think I can speak for most when I say that.

Dear Pink,

I am glad that you think my advice is worthwhile. For the record, I have a degree in Biology, Bio-engineering and Nursing (with minors in women's studies, biology and nutrition). My master's is in Nursing Anesthesia. My hobbies include vegan nutrition and bodybuilding. I hold my opinions on vegan nutrition/bodybuilding to the same standards as those I hold to my profession. You will never hear me say to a patient "Aye, it seems as though your body said "give me less anesthetic, that stuff is toxic to my colon, and it's not organic, and my body will tell me when I need calcium and B-12" bullshit".

DV

Yah, but have you ever written a book on raw foodism?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. No offense to anyone meant.

If I had known how educated anesthesiologists had to be and how dangerous anesthesia is I would have been a TON more nervous going for my shoulder rebuilding op. That stuff is evil. All I did for the week while it was leaving my system was think, drink water, and stare into space. In other words, it turned me into a house plant for a week.

Josh, what can I say?

VeganDude, thanks for the appreciation. I never know if my posts will be appreciated or if there's a collective groan that occurs when press the submit button.

BeforeWisdom, very funny

Well i's the begining of April. Payday. I am ready to shop for a B12 suppliment. I'm currently thinking about getting this one. Any one use this or can shed any light if it is enough/will work?

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=894100368&Count2=811240792&CategoryID=23&Target=products.asp

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read it's sold out <.<.

I'm now looking at this one

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=894100368&Count2=811240792&CategoryID=23&Target=products.asp

I'm not sure if my local health store carries the other one( The spray which is the one I want ) The only place I am sure would have it is an hour away.

Since I am looking. does anyone have a suggestion on a good Multi vitamin with enough B-12 in it for a day's allowance? Somewhere between 10-15 dollars. Maybe 20 dollars. My mom would never spend too much on it. Not in the current financial state were in.