Who here counts calories?

JW

I just started for the first time in my life (except for when they forced me to do it at school)

What a revelation!!!!!!

I was amazed to see that I was getting about half the protein intake that I'd like to have (aiming for 1.1gram/lb of bdy weight)

just curious to hear from others who keep track of their calories & carb/fat/protein mix.

I count calories, protein, calcium, fiber, fat, sodium, sugar and carbs. I also have a food database with all the items i eat. I keep this database in excel. if anyone would like to take a look at it i would be happy to email it to you. Just let me know.

Ann

I keep a pretty close count by estimates for calories (I spent a decade counting every calorie, so I can usually guess within 95% of the true value on what I eat), but I honestly don't watch much else. Whether I take in 300g or 150g of protein makes little difference for my progress, so as long as I get the minimum I'll set for the day I'm good. Other than that, I don't pay much attention to anything else since I know about where I have to fall for the basics, so as long as I'm close, it's all good.

Yeah, I've been using nutritiondata.com since a week now(thanks to Troy's posts).

Really easy to use. I aim to get about 3500cals. I don't mind if its 3800 or 3500, aslong as it's enough. Protein same thing, I aim for 150-180. mostly its more like 180.

Definitly gave me a boost in gaining muscle and strenght making sure the cals are high enough every day, even though I've only been keeping track for a week!

If you feel fine with what your taking in your probably fine...no need to increase protein. Anyhow I kinda count but more to prevent me from eating too much.