Perfect Water

Troy

PerfectWater filtration : "our proprietary 15-step purification process"

http://www.drinkperfectwater.com/

Eska filtration http://www.eskawater.com/en_s_the_filtration_process.html

"(...)filtering slowly for over 15 years (...) microbiologically pure (...) one of the very purest water on Earth. In fact, Eska water is the result of a filtration process so perfect, it could never be matched by Man. "

2 oposite techniques, which one is better for the body ?

With analysis, which one is purest ? perhaps the PerfectWater. But which one is more natural, healthier ?

The most perfect water is just WATER and nothing else. If you want natural water drink from a stream and deal with whatever organisms are festering in it.

I have a distiller...its pricey but I get as much water as I want indefinitely now. No need to buy a bunch of bottles either.

The most perfect water is just WATER and nothing else. If you want natural water drink from a stream and deal with whatever organisms are festering in it.

Mmmm Beaver Fever! LOL

I've never actually gotten it and I used to drink out of the Chehalis River.

First, the idea of buying any water in plastic bottles is abhorrent to me. Our oceans are loaded with this stuff.

As for the proprietary processes, etc. - that means it could be anything and they don't have to tell you about it. Not what I want to drink.

What is the best water? There are lots of companies that have answers for you. I don't know if there is any uncontaminated water left in the world at this point. Personally, I use a distiller. It's the only way to know that the water is free of pthalates and other VOCs. Filters cannot get rid of everything. Paying for filtered water that comes in a plastic bottle is one of the most successful marketing schemes in recent history. I'm happy to not take part in it.

Distilling removes minerals doesn't it...? Quote from a website...

"such is the case with reverse osmosis and distillation systems. ......as their popularity has declined in recent years, there is an ongoing debate over the healthfulness of de-mineralized water vs. filtered water with trace minerals.

While there are studies that argue both sides of this debate, after 15 years of specialized study in water quality and health, we feel that the benefits of drinking naturally balanced water with its natural trace minerals, just makes more sense.

From a non-scientific perspective, the fact that nowhere on this planet do we find naturally occurring de-mineralized water should tell us that we were not meant to have it. In nature, all fresh water contains traces of natural minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium, which is what our body is designed to run on. All over the world and throughout time, wherever you find the most contaminant-free, mineral rich water, you find the healthiest, most vibrant civilizations.

On a more scientific level, there are several very credible research reports and books that stress the more recent opinion that long term consumption of de-mineralized water can in fact be dangerous. Dr. Zolton Rona, author of "The Joy of Health", states that "the longer one consumes distilled water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state." Dr. Paavo Airola, cancer expert and author of "How to Get Well" and "Cancer... Causes, Prevention and Healing" also reports that "long term consumption of distilled water eventually results in multiple mineral deficiencies."

Two very negative things happen when we consume water that has been stripped of its natural minerals. First, because de-mineralized water contains more hydrogen it is an acid, with a pH below seven. Any time we consume an acid substance, our body will pull minerals from our teeth and bones to produce bicarbonate in order to neutralize the acid. Second, it has been proven that when our body fluids become more acid than alkaline the production of free radicals increases, causing increased cancer risks.

Many studies suggest that cancer cells can only grow in an acid environment. This theory seems to be supported by the fact that the areas where people live the longest most disease free lives are the areas that have the most alkaline water, water with the highest mineral content.

Reverse Osmosis and Distillation were first developed over 40 years ago for the printing and photo processing industries, which require mineral free water. Because of the popularity and demand for home water treatment products, many companies have marketed these products as "state-of-the-art" drinking water systems, which they simply are not. Often these products are marketed by using a demonstration that measures the TDS (total dissolved solids), and implies that this measurement shows the systems effectiveness at removing contaminants. TDS meters measure the dissolved minerals in water, primarily calcium and magnesium, and have little or nothing to do with contaminant levels or water purity."

There is always the option of remineralizing the distilled water.

Right on Zack, and I think thats what this Perfect Water company does... purifies the water then remineralizes it. But plastic bottles are sketchy in my opinion. I was at gentleman's club awhile back and the nice young lady that was entertaining me with her conversation told me that she worked for a water bottling company. I asked about the leakage of chemicals and she said "you don't even know the half of it"... she went on to tell me how they have to recall quite a bit of bottle water because sometimes plastic flakes off and is visibly floating in the water.

I usually run my tap water though a 3 stage carbon filter (at the faucet), into a another 2 stage carbon filter (pur) dispenser. Then store in glass water bottles or Klean Kanteens. Supposedly the 3 stage filter gets some things out that the 2 stage doesn't and strangely the 2 stage filter gets some other things out that the 3 stage doesn't.

Ideally though, I think remineralizing distilled or reverse osmosis water would be the best water to drink, but thats just my opinion. In a world where all water seems to be contaminated I think this is the best route.

My vote goes to:

Reverse osmosis or distilled water, remineralized, stored in glass containers.

Why do you need that small amount of mineral content in your water??? Eat ONE blueberry and you've got all the minerals you'd find in most mineral waters. It reminds me of the stupid oxygen water H2O2...it takes something like 1/40,000 of a breath of air to equal the extra oxygen you get from that water since not all the water molecules are infused with an extra oxygen unit attached.

I bet you can really get clean water if you first use a nice home filter system, and then store the filtered water in one of those filter systems you store in a fridge. Double filtered Water FTW

My mom is currently on a water delivery service from Shasta. I'm trying to convince her to switch to a nice home system. We can't afford a really expensive one though. Our budget is like between 15-30 dollars.

When I get my new room( The garage ) fixed up and when I get my own fridge I'll store water and put it in the freezer section. but as to what I'll store the water in I'm not sure. Plastic I want to eliminate as I heard bad things about it. Maybe Stainless Steel.

Most home filters are crap unless you have a pricey deinonizer. You're not better off with a crap home filter than you are drinking water with your teeth shut and filtering that way.

Why do you need that small amount of mineral content in your water??? Eat ONE blueberry and you've got all the minerals you'd find in most mineral waters.

Good (and unbelievably obvious) point. So you think the mineral content of water has no negative side effects on the body as long as the diet fills the (seemingly easy) void? If so, I'm feeling a little sheepish. Although reading back, I don't think its the lack of minerals itself that we receive from the water but rather that the water becomes more acidic thus pulling minerals from our body... but how much considering its so little in the first place? And what about over a long period of time... hmmm this is trickier than I thought... no?

Also... why do you prefer a distiller over reverse osmosis... advantages/disadvantages and recommendations please... thanks potter or DV or anyone else who jumps on this

If we were drinking from more natural water sources our water would be full of minerals...the Romans lived longer than anyone else up until modern times because they had relatively clean water in abundance...this water wasn't filtered...just fairly fresh without lots of contaminants.

When it comes to techniques I'd say reverse osmosis is just as good as distilling but probably not when it comes to the type of system you'd buy for the home...way too cheap...a true reverse osmosis system would be financially unattainable for most people. Plus they require more care in terms of keeping things working. Thing is... distilling is very easy...you could even make your own makeshift distiller at home without a lot of money and it would work just as well as my machine...plus its way cheaper.

There is no accurate science behind any of the BS these companies put out there regarding why THEIR water is so much better. Water is simply two hydrogen atoms attached to one oxygen atom. That is what your body uses and what it makes during different physiological processes.

As for minerals in water making any difference - it doesn't. The water in your diet contributes minimal amounts of minerals.

I've been drinking distilled water as my main source of water for a few years because it's the only process that removes almost 100% of the thousands (or more) of chemicals that are now in every source of water in the world. There are some filtering systems that remove more chemicals than others. Regardless of what type of purification system you use, don't rely on the "research" or "facts sheet" that was funded by the very company which is looking to make money off you.

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for making this forum so great. I joined recently, and feel like i stumbled upon a real gem.

... about distilled water. I've spent a bit of time this weekend looking into the matter. I wanted to find the cleanest/most healthful purifying technique at low cost, and without hauling a giant jug to and from the grocery store. I've settled on this little number here: http://www.webeatprices.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1&osCsid=1741c0fc5fcf7a7754b7c349ec9292a4

I had read that distilled is more pure than both reverse osmosis and deionized, but that there is concern over the lack of minerals. This concern seems to be somewhat substantiated by this report from the World Health Organization (a fun read for science geeks):http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf

I also found a few interesting discussions, http://www.finishing.com/110/17.shtml, and articles online written by doctors (Dr. Mercola)who are strongly opposed to distilled water. In one article, http://www.mercola.com/article/water/distilled_water_2.htm, the work of Dr. Gabriel Cousens is referenced: "Dr. Gabriel Cousens, a living foods advocate who writes on page 509 of his book "Conscious Eating," "distilled water is dead, unstructured water so foreign to the body that one actually gets a temporary high white blood cell count in response to drinking it."

However, the article fails to mention that Cousens actually RECOMENDS distilled water over all others, as long as it is, as Zack pointed out, "matured, restructured, and remineralized." In Cousens' book, Spiritual Nutrition, a whole chapter, pages 475-497, is dedicated to perfect water. I'll try to summarize twenty pages in a few paragraphs...

Cousens writes that water is meant to hydrate by "bringing active natural hydrogen into the cell." Other functions of water are to "eliminate toxins out of the body and out of the cell," and to "act as a harmonic communicator through it's structure, so that the cells can communicate between each other and intracellularly, through patterned frequencies that the water is able to transmit." Hydration is based on the flow of hydrogen, and therefore electrons, and these electrons energize every cell - "water in this context is the universal antioxidant."

Distilling frees up the hydrogen in water. Electrolytes, minerals, herbicides, pesticides, toxic metals, ect. comprise The Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in water. "Those TDS interact and trap the electrons so they cannot be used by our cells. At a TDS of 200ppm or above, we would have only a minimal bio-availability of free hydrogen and electrons." Cousens claims water with a TDS of 50ppm or less (and pH of 7.2 or less) is the most hydrogen donating water. While herbal teas and juices are delicious and nutritious, they are not as hydrating cause of their raised TDS. I remember reading somewhere that someone tested a batch of distilled water and it measured 0 TDS; this is what Cousens refers to as immature distilled water. "Distilled water that is not mature is aggressive water. It is the most powerful solvent on the planet. It will pull out toxins and heavy metals, but it may also leach much-needed minerals from the body. it does not have the potency, life energy, or safety of mature water."

Cousens also explains that while distilled water is acidic, alkaline water has hydroxyls - electron defecient hydrogen - which causes the molecules to act as free radicals which oxidizes the system, contributing to aging and degeneration. "Naturally purified, acid water is our friend, and it creates an alkaline extracellular fluid and an acid intracellular fluid (ideal human homeostasis). As the hydrogen moves intracellularly, it brings oxygen with it and therefore increases the respiration inside the cell and also within the mitochondria." Sort of like the alkalizing effect of lemon and apple cider vinegar - hydrogen, or pH, goes up inside cells, and down in extracellular fluid.... why soda (very acidic) doesn't do this i don't understand .

this is getting too long..

Basically Cousens recommends distilled cause it not only removes impurities, but it removes the harmful "toxic patterns in water" - vibrational residue of the impurities. He also states that while we should be getting minerals from food, "Minerals (in water) at 50 TDS maximize electron donation to the body." To re-mineralize, simply add a pinch of unrefined salt (Himalayan, Krystal, or Celtic sea salt)

Edited by geode

LOL!

Seriously, there is so much bad information out there regarding the health horrors of distilled water that it's almost funny. A little bit of scientific fact is twisted to appear to validate the claims made by those who believe distilled water is bad. There is no proof that drinking distilled water is bad for you. If you are worried about the mineral content then take a calcium/magnesium supplement with it. Don't worry about the rest of the claims. I don't know who these "doctors" and "scientists" are who make such claims but I do know that they don't have a good grasp of human physiology and chemical processes in the human body. They appear knowledgeable but they are pushing their theories (not fact) with nothing to back them up. There's a lot of pseudo-science out there - don't fall for it.

LOL!

Seriously, there is so much bad information out there regarding the health horrors of distilled water that it's almost funny. A little bit of scientific fact is twisted to appear to validate the claims made by those who believe distilled water is bad. There is no proof that drinking distilled water is bad for you. If you are worried about the mineral content then take a calcium/magnesium supplement with it. Don't worry about the rest of the claims. I don't know who these "doctors" and "scientists" are who make such claims but I do know that they don't have a good grasp of human physiology and chemical processes in the human body. They appear knowledgeable but they are pushing their theories (not fact) with nothing to back them up. There's a lot of pseudo-science out there - don't fall for it.

Excellent! Well said . . . it seems that every week there are new "scientific Facts" by "experts" telling me that nearly everything I eat, drink, or do is completely wrong. I have countless people quoting articles by experts telling me I am eating wrong, working out wrong, or living wrong. Thanks for your voice of reason . . . I usually say, "sorry, I didn't read that article, so I didn't know that what has worked for me for years doesn't work ". So if you read all of those articles, will distilled water start to poison you? Hmmmmm

We are told that all of our sea/river/stream water is full of chemicals & toxins.That doesnt surprise me at all, given the amount of pollution/rubbish etc we pump into our natural environments without thinking.On a similarish topic, I watched a program about bee populations dwindling worldwide.The reason given was that all the pesticides we spray on the crops they use have lowered, damaged or destroyed their immune systems & now they are picking up loads of diseases which normally they would kill off.The problem of course is that bees pollenate around half of the worlds food crops & is a huge contributor to rising food prices.What was funny was that at no point did anyone think "geez maybe spraying chemicals all over our own fields might just have some bad side effects at some point" The stupidy of mankind is simply quite amazing.

Anyway my point is that there probably are ways to filter our water that may help to make it a bit cleaner like it was before.But the truth is there is probably going to be stuff in it thats bad even after all that.We just have to take a leap of courage & hope the human body can adapt to these hefty increases in chemicals coming through our water, food, & air.

Personally I drink tap water pure - but having read some of the research done here I may well invest in some kind of filter systems - Thanks guys!