Vegan prom in PDX details!

CountAgranoff

Portland Vegan Prom Friday June 13th 8-11 PM (note date change)

Theme: Purple Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R72fObmNuPA

Tickets:$20 (sorry 18 and up)

Dress: 70’s and 80’s formal.

Food: Restaurants around town will be offering vegan prom specials. Locations TBA. Appetizers donated from local restaurants

As proceeds benefit the massive TVW outreach campaigns for the next year!

Location: The secret society ballroom at 116 NE russell. This place is gorgeous. Imagine a 1940’s jazz club – red velvet, velvet furniture, parlor lamps, old church pews – very cool place! There will also be a bar in the next room available to those who wish to endeavor cocktails, while keeping our event alcohol-free.

You know I'm a positive guy! I just enjoyed the hell out of high school

I will admit, middle school wasn't my favorite time to be alive....but elementary school and high school were pretty awesome!

I look forward to dancing in June!

If I could go back to high school I'd do it in a second. I felt cheated going to a crap school for two years...the next two years were great and I'll remember them forever. As for this prom thing I'd love to go if I weren't in Maryland.

I will admit, middle school wasn't my favorite time to be alive....

I don't think many of us enjoyed Middle School.

My prom sucked though, because I got sick and my date accused me of "Not wanting to have fun", probably because I was too busy sitting down to prevent further vomiting...the life I live....

I will admit, middle school wasn't my favorite time to be alive....

I don't think many of us enjoyed Middle School.

My prom sucked though, because I got sick and my date accused me of "Not wanting to have fun", probably because I was too busy sitting down to prevent further vomiting...the life I live....

Besides not having friends and getting picked on on a daily basis I relatively loved middle school. It was elementary which was the worst.

Middle school had it's ups and its downs. Sure I got picked on and had little friends but I never really paid any attention. I just went, learned and had a blast. The cafeteria lunches were awesome. Taco Bell and Subway( Which were located a block or two away ) made special meals for the school. OMG those burritos were the shit. I'd also occasionally have a cold cut trio( Obviously before going Veggie )

My only real experience with dancing came when I was in my high school plays. I got to learn the Waltz and the Tango for The Sound of Music. And then the cast party afterwards was a blast. So I guess that was my prom

I got bullied hardcore through school too. This one kid, picked on me for 10 years. One day I just had enough and told him to STFU. Basically, I was picked on for being smart, ugly, different, poor.. You name it. Destroyed my self esteem and ended up not enjoying high school.. Or even life in general for a long time.

I was picked on a tremendous amount. Called Retard, Fag and lots of other crap. It went on from as early as I can remember all the way up to High School. But at least I had good friends in High School. Plus I had an Oblivious Mentality to everything that was going on around me. I just tuned them out. But in later years I realized that my deep locked depression was not all gone. My Depression possessed itself into food. I may have had an eating disorder due to all the name calling. I ballooned from 120 pounds( My final year of Junior High ) to 220 pounds ( Sophmore year in high school )

It took 4 years to break the curse too. And even now that I'm a vegan I don't think it's all completely gone. As you will/may have noticed I don't tend to make the best eating choices. I mean Organic Pure Cane Sugar isn't really a nutritional snack to eat on it's own

Eew sugar grosses me out. My sister is a sugar fiend. When she makes juice I won't drink it because it's too sweet.

I had anorexia when I was 15. I still have body image issues. I don't think it'll ever go away :S

all you need is a little positive Words. I used to have bad body image problems. But slowly it's getting better.

You're hot though. So I wouldn't worry. It will go away someday

So I guess it's like a Secret Society?? haha one of my fav movies.

Besides not having friends and getting picked on on a daily basis I relatively loved middle school. It was elementary which was the worst.

Middle school had it's ups and its downs. Sure I got picked on and had little friends but I never really paid any attention. I just went, learned and had a blast. The cafeteria lunches were awesome. Taco Bell and Subway( Which were located a block or two away ) made special meals for the school. OMG those burritos were the shit. I'd also occasionally have a cold cut trio( Obviously before going Veggie )

My only real experience with dancing came when I was in my high school plays. I got to learn the Waltz and the Tango for The Sound of Music. And then the cast party afterwards was a blast. So I guess that was my prom

Yeh Dr. Pink you aren't the only one man. I got ripped on in Junior High 6-8 as well as High School for the first year. I was a chubby kid 5'4" 155lbs and I had coke bottle glasses. Everyone found it funny to make fun of my last name. 'Marchese', they used to call me Marcheese and 'the cheese' that didn't happen in high school. It's an Italian name so the ch is like a 'k' but in america ch is 'cha' so that's what happened with that. I used to get attacked by the girls because as you know girls grow up quicker than boys and most girls were my height and taller. One girl broke my glasses and ripped up my face, I got an egg slapped on my head during a bus ride home on Halloween. It wasn't the best of times.

When I got contacts and stopped wearing my glasses in the beginning of sophmore year my whole life changed. I got more confidence, that week people stopped picking on me, crazy man. I joined the tennis team as I had been playing for awhile outside of school anyhow. I lost alot of weight, grew 8 inches in two years. Girls started to notice me and the fact that my eyes were blue.

Lunch meals were horrible. Cheeseburgers Pizza and Fries were the main things served. Once I started working out, I learned how to eat better around the age of 16. Funny story, I once drank a half gallon of milk for the 'protein' and had to go home from school b/c I couldn't be in class for more than 2 minutes without having to go to the br.

I got rid of people making fun of me for being big early on. I was made fun of a bit in Elementary school for being huge...I beat up a few people at the same time with many witnesses and everyone left me alone from then on. If you take it for too long you'll just accept it as part of the day...if you do something about it your much better off.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

I loved high school and loved Prom and love those high school movies that have prom scenes in them!

I'm so there!

My thoughts exactly!! hahah

I TOTALLY want to go. I am going to make my hair SO freakin' crimpy and big... holy moly...

http://i.xanga.com/jerrygibson/Big%20hair%20of%20the%2080s.jpg

I would grow my hair out for two weeks and put lighting bolts in it....then I'd wear one of my cool Members Only vests with a really confidently popped collar. Even though I haven't worn it since I was 8 or 9yrs old...the vest would still fit.

I had a bad elementary school time. Although the one bully that beat me up i make a point in making him my best friend.

In middle school i observed a group of kids whose interactions i enjoyed and one day i went up to them and made myself known. We have been best friends ever since. Which is good because i had no real friends until the 7th grade. There was one guy who was the school thug in junior high and he came up to me one day and tried to punk me. He was like what you gonna do fight back. And i said fighting you would be a waste of time, your stronger than me and faster, and even if i managed to best you you have a lot of friends who would not let that slide. He looked at me taken aback and just kinda chucked and said your all right bojorquez. After that i was called professor bojorquez until well into highschool.

my favor hoodlum use to joke to new kids and say

"you better watch out for professor bojorquez, he be reading shakespeare and shit and just stab you."

I dropped out of highschool in the tenth grade and went to college.

I never attended a prom but i wish i had. Perhaps one day ill dress my cat up in tuxes and have a spotlight dance. followed by crying....oh and cookies. lol