Farts

mulletass

Since going vegan, I've noticed that more of my food converts to gas than it used to. For reference, I was pretty prolific even before the switch, but now I think I've crossed a line, to the point where it's still funny, but simultaneously inconvenient. I think soymilk converts directly to gas upon contact with the intestine, possibly with one interim chemical reaction where the shit-smell chemical is produced en masse. I've also read that soybeans are the most flatulent bean.

I have a non-vegan bodybuilding friend who takes some sort of digestive enzymes to regulate his airbourn food episodes. Anyone else know about this? Or have this trouble?

I've always been a huge farter...no more now than before I went vegan but for me the culprit is oats...before it may have been beans but now I definately eat my share of oatmeal...I hear bananas do it too and I've been eating a lot of those the past year but I can't say for sure what it is because I've always been a gassy kind of guy...by the way the more inconvenient it is the more entertaining...you've just gotta figure out how to keep it quite so you can blame other people...sometimes I blame other people even if there is only one person near me...not that it does any good

Yeah. I can keep it quiet, which is really fingers. I woke up this morning and the air was really warm and thick. Apparently I had a busy night. I just kinda float out these "fffffffffffffffffffffff"s so my roommate can't really say anything, though I guarantee he smells it. With friends it's always a contest to beat my last one for duration and heads turned.

I agree, inconvenience does make them funnier. I have good memories of a cousin's wedding rehearsal dinner where this principal came into play. Good times.

At the next vegan vacation we should have a contest to see who can release the largest volume of air without making a sound...that would be really cool...kind of

Robert organized a meet up from August 2nd-10th(I think but I stayed a bit longer) in Portland. A group of forum members traveled to Portland and we experienced a great week of vegan everything...food, activities, just experiencing Portland...it was the best time of my life by far. Next year it will likely be in LA.

You oughta consider going next year. I didn't get to go because of work, but I'm definitley going out this year, though I'd like to see Portland moreso than LA.

As for the question of flatuence, it varies with people. I pesonally have never really released all that much gas, though my stomach rumbles a lot more than other people, but that doesn't lead the "inconvienence" which you so proudly speak of.

well, i don't usually eat soy products ( not because i try to avoid, it's just because i don't really buy soy products everyday ).. and i keep farting almost everyday.. cuz i love blackbeans.. lentils, pinto beans, red beans, and all the other types of beans, perhaps that's why..

well, i don't really care, it's better out than in..

I think it's different for for different people but for me flatulence follows from too much beans, gluten or sy products. Some is fine and sometimes much is fine but it might just turn out to be a disaster too.

About vegan vacation. Maybe we can do a little of both LA and Portland. I don't want to diss Portland but before I joined this forum I didn't even know Oregon existed. It was like: California, Washington and Alaska. Nothing in between. This means that Oregon is worse at promoting itself than Seattle or Alaska. You got work to do

Also cooking them long enough and soaking the night before.

Also, THROW OUT THE SOAKING WATER (you can use it to water plants) and it will take away much of the gas-producing elements. (Cooking with a bit of kombu in the water is supposed to help as well.)

Do you eat them with rice, that helps. Also cooking them long enough and soaking the night before. Dont eat fruit like 2 hrs. before beans, also avoid potatoes and beans...lots of starches.

thanks for the wonderful help, i won't be mixing potatoes and beans ( i usually do that ), and now i understand why i've been farting all the time..

about the soaking i knew already from my cooking book, the problem is that i'm too lazy to remember these things, but i'll try to remember more often now..

and about the fruits.. i didn't know that, i will try to avoid eating before eating beans..

I once farted so hard that I put out a candle and someone's eye

I doubt this, as it would cause the candle's flame to shoot like a flame thrower.

Naw, because it's just that fast, that's how powerful it is. I have trained by buttcheeks to break glass bottles, and then I can shoot the glass shards like bullets.

Its kinda weird but think I actually fart more if I don't eat at all compared to if I eat my normal diet...granted when I gourge myself I can't stop farting but when I'm fasting I'm pretty gassy

Naw, because it's just that fast, that's how powerful it is. I have trained by buttcheeks to break glass bottles, and then I can shoot the glass shards like bullets.

Ah, I see. Powerful ninja farts (is there a specific term for them? Like Fartchucks?)

Sounds like a marketable skill.