*** Official Registration HERE!!!! ***

xdarthveganx

Attention VBB&F forum members, Vegan Vacation 2007 is rapidly approaching and arrangements must be made to properly prepare for this event. In an attempt to better organize the event, we are now requesting an RSVP as well as $100.00 deposit for each person attending the event. This will be used to place a deposit on lodgings as well as other event related expenses. This deposit will be applied to total lodging costs related to this event. We will be staying at Vacation homes in Lincoln City, OR. Further details will be determined by the exact number of guests attending. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please reply with your RSVP to this address including your full name contact info and number of guests attending [email protected] and please send your deposit using http://www.paypal.com to this address [email protected] Upon receipt of payment you will receive a confirmation with a receipt to keep for your records. Thank you ahead of time, and we look forward to seeing you this summer!

Any questions and or concerns can be sent to [email protected] or you can PM Robert for details. thanx!

Refund details:

A full refund can be obtained before or on March 15th 2007 minus $3.20 for paypal processing fees.

After March 15th a 50% refund can be obtained up until May 28th 2007.

No refunds will be available after the dates listed, as to ensure proper funding for all lodging.

Once payment has been received we will update our Confirmed Attendees list and add your name to it. The first 24 people signed up will be staying in the main Vacation Home.

See you this summer!

Whenever you can. We're just trying to encourage people to reserve a spot soon so we can continue to go on with the planning and so we know what size of a location to get. I'm sure we'll get some payments right away, and others may not come in for weeks, but it all helps us factor in things for planning.

Thanks.

I am definately coming

I need to sort out a paypal account then will pay my deposit. I am away from home for a couple more weeks but will do it asap ..

dont give my place away !!!

we dont have a limit on the number of spots available. The number of people RSVP'D in a few weeks will determine where we stay. thanx!

Do we need to RSVP if we live in Portland and are not planning on group lodging for the non-Portland areas of the vacation?

Good question! I dont think that is necessary in general. What do you think Robert?

Anouther question: What's the rate for children who are planning to participate? For some dang reason, my kids dont ever seem to want to pay their own way...

I think RSVP is ONLY for those who will be staying at the lodge. So if you're in Portland and will stay at your own place rather than stay at the lodge, no need to RSVP. We just need to count bodies who will be staying there, sleeping there, etc.

As far as kids, I don't know. I hadn't thought much about it. Basically this is for the lodge to to split evenly. So if there are 25 of us there, we'll split the costs 25 ways. We'll do the same with food, and anything else that will be shared by everyone. Of course some will buy their own food just for themselves, etc.

I would assume we'd offer a lower rate for kids since they won't take up as much space. We'll have to see how many people commit to the event and see what we can accomodate. Some of the places we're looking at can sleep 24 and I think we can easily sleep more than that, up to 30 at least (remember there is a too of square footage, so people could sleep on couches, near the fireplace, in the game room, on the deck, camp out, etc.

Maybe someone has other ideas for kids? But I'd say they would get a disount for sure, maybe even free and just all adults split the costs. I think costs will only be about $25 per person per day, for about 4 days, if we go with our "current plan."

Thanks for checking.

Sounds like good family support! I have the same. My family helps me out a lot. I can't wait to finally support myself and have extra $ lying around so I can pay them back!

We also need to update the "who is planning on attending" thread because I know some people are bringing a friend, partner, etc. We need to account for those people.

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered I said I would throw some money in.

Question: Is there a suggested donation for people planning on attending but not able to do the retreat thing or do not have a need for lodging?

I was thinking of throwing in $25 for now until I know if I am going to be able to join in the fun at the lodge!

• 3 months later...

A little birdie told me more people are being confirmed! Please remember to register to hold your spot! We may cancel the 2nd house if we don't get enough and we have 23 or 24 for out 24-capacity Big Vacation Home. We need a few more to keep the 2nd home or we'll call it "full" soon. We have 30 days until we decide to keep or cancel the 2nd house.

Get yourselves signed up soon! It's just $100 per person who hold your spot. We're getting all kinds of food donated and other goodies so we'll take good care of you once you get here \

Thanks team awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd totally love to get in on this.

Is there space so that someone can decide to go just a few weeks beforehand?? Or would we need to know now. Me + 2 friends would def. be down as long as we could get time off work and it might take a week or 2 to get an ok.

Also, what's the deal with animals?

I have an amazing little dog that seriously goes everywhere with me. He goes to work, on my bike, and any vacations. (see cuteness pic below) So i'd have to get an ok on having an animal there which might be hard with that many people and possible allergies.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/destinyxpink/Tofutti/GoldenGateTofu.jpg

I got time off and can give monies in the next few days so you can confirm everything.

Just wondering about the dog thing? If he cant go i'll just try to plan on coming up for the stuff going on in portland that i'm sure will still be awesome.