Was Jesus vegan when HE was on earth?

violet13

I have no doubt about existence of Jesus because of my experience of miracles but I don't know exactly what Jesus ate when He was on earth with flesh and blood.

Some people think He ate fish and meat but I don't think so.

To be honest, my guess is nobody knows for sure.

http://universal-life.cc/english/animals/Hidden_Love_of_Jesus_For_The_Animals_Layout.htm

I know one thing for sure.

There is no way for People who experienced miracles to deny existence of Jesus.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/sadhu-sundar-singh.htm

Also it is very interesting to read about near death experience.

www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/_accounts.html

Visible things exist temporary but invisible things exist forever.

Edited by violet13

We can't assume Jesus would just do whatever everyone else around him did. But I think it's safe to say he wasn't a vegan when young. He didn't seem very compassionate in his young age.

http://www.gospels.net/translations/infancythomastranslation.html

(1) The son of Annas the scribe was standing there with Jesus. Taking a branch from a willow tree, he dispersed the waters which Jesus had gathered. (2) When Jesus saw what had happened, he became angry and said to him, "You godless, brainless moron, what did the ponds and waters do to you? Watch this now: you are going to dry up like a tree and you will never produce leaves or roots or fruit."

(3) And immediately, this child withered up completely.

------

(1) Next, he was going through the village again and a running child bumped his shoulder. Becoming bitter, Jesus said to him, "You will not complete your journey." (2) Immediately, he fell down and died.

------

(3) Then, Jesus said to him, "If you are really a teacher and if you know the letters so well, tell me the meaning of the alpha and I will tell you the meaning of the beta."

(4) As he was growing frustrated, the teacher struck him on the head. Then, Jesus became angry and cursed him. Immediately, he fainted and fell on his face.

(5) Then, Jesus turned back to Joseph's house, but Joseph was distressed. He instructed the boy's mother, "Do not let him out the door because the people who anger him will die."

jesus did exist as an historic figure...

but as a "religious/holy" entity that is up to the intelligence(or lack) in the person.

as for diet he was certainly not vegan.

jesus did exist as an historic figure...

Despite a number of Roman and Jewish historians mentioning many self proclaimed messiahs (Christ in hebrew) during the time, there is no mention of a Jesus messiah outside stuff written by christians. (Cept the Josephus forgery.) So looks like he didn't.

The website you refer to is from an oragnisation called Universelles Leben. It is a sect and there is a controversy going on about it in Germany for some years now.

Here is the translation of the german wikipedia site about it.

Of course I do not want to stop the conversation about jesus being vegan, but it should not take place at the basis of such an organisation.

Jay, old testament speaks about Jesus.

I cannot find verse where prophet is speaking about Jesus right this moment but it is in old testament.

I don't want to post my long message concerning existence of Jesus but I guarantee you, if you seek Him with all your heart, He will reveal himself to you like He revealed himself to Sadhu Sundar Singh and other people who tried to find truth with ALL THEIR HEART.

When our heart is occupied with things of God, and concentrated on things of God, God opens our ear.

The Old Testament does not mention Jesus. There are some verses that have been interpreted by Christians as predicting Jesus. There were certainly messianic expectations in late ancient Judaism, but I'm not sure they go back as far as the period of canonical writing. Why would they have needed a messiah when they had the presence of YHVH, which, by definition, covers the period up to the last of the prophetic writers?

Jay, I think there are some contemporary mentions in the Talmud, cited by Urbach in The Sages and Segal in Two Powers in Heaven.

The existence of a historical messianic claimant called Joshua has nothing to do, however, with the metaphysical status of the mythical figurehead of a world-conquering fascistic empire.

Mange, I don't want to speak about religion on this forum because this is Body bilding & Fitness forum but my short answer to you is Jesus existed from beginning with God in spirit form and came to this world with flesh to save people from sin.

He exist forever and there is no beginning or end.

i believe that leprauchans came into existance around the year 1253AD, fours years after the creation of the Earth, which was sneezed out of the right nostrel of the great green arkleseizure one tuesday afternoon.

i fear the coming of the great white hankerchief, and so should you!

So you're saying we are snots/ boogers in the nose of the Universe ?

I wasn't around when Jesus was on Earth so can't say for certain, but have heard rumors that he was a member of a Christian sect called the Essenes during his missing years and the Essenes were vegetarian (not certain if vegan). I'm not saying he was a vegetarian when he was younger, but it's very possible he became a vegetarian/vegan later.

BTW, Jonathan ..... I'm sorry to break it to you, but leprechauns and smurfs died out during the Ice Age.

Mange, I don't want to speak about religion on this forum because this is Body bilding & Fitness forum but my short answer to you is Jesus existed from beginning with God in spirit form and came to this world with flesh to save people from sin.

He exist forever and there is no beginning or end.

Oh, that's that cleared up then. Ta.

Mango, yes old testament is speaking about Jesus.

Isaiah 10-6

For unto us a Child is born; unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder. These will be his royal titles: "Wonderful," "Counselor", "The Mighty God," "The everlasting Father," "The Prince of Peace." Hie ever-expanding, peaceful government will never end. He will bring true justice and peace to all the nations of the world.

Sorry, I don't mean to get in subject of religion but just wanted to point out.

violet there are two worlds - the one inside your head and the one that everyone else lives in. dont give me that bollocks about 'until you have experienced what i have experienced'.

do you have any idea how powerful the brain is? we only use about 10-20% of it at the most.

for example, from the ages of 9-15 i had focal epilepsy. about 1% of people have it, and it typically goes away after puberty.

when i had seizures, i only remember them from the position of watching myself - i dont remember them from the inside looking out. its a very strange thing watching yourself have no control of your body. it is interesting how my brain chose to remember it.

did you know that scientists have simulated 'visions' by stimulating the brain with certain frequencies of electro magnetic waves? there was a case of a girl in the US who was terrified to go to bed each night as she had horrifically vivid visions every night. of course the local religious groups claimed it was god, but these same scientists scanned the room and found that the alarm clock gave out those exact same frequencies that produced visions in their test subjects.

you need to understand that your brain is the most powerful organ you have. you may feel like you have control of it, but it is hugely underused and very sensitive to its environment. anything you see, feel, experience, has an explanation and accreditting it to superstitious beliefs is just plain silly.

jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that Jesus was a vegetarian. Somewhere I read not that long ago, that people who were in Europe came to the area and they were meat eaters mainly with alcohol dependancies. That he cured them was a miracle because he is the Christ, from the Bible, but I think they had a more vegetarian diet there.

do you have any idea how powerful the brain is? we only use about 10-20% of it at the most.

Actually, that's a myth. We use 100% of our brains. Some of us may make better use of that 100% than others, but there are no 'dormant' sections of the brain.

Yes, all sections of the brain are used but only at 10-20% capacity. I think that's what Jonathon meant. When a person experiences brain trauma, functions in the damaged portions of the brain are sometimes rerouted to other areas that are not over taxed. This would not be possible if we already used 100% of our brains. I guess this is a controversial point but the research is out there.