EvilJukka's Progress Topic

Srsly, I don't think that that last, super-slow rep will do you much good. If you put enough effort into lifting as heavy as you can on every single set, it's all that it takes for a beginner/intermediate lifter (provided that other things, such as nutrition, are being taken care of, of course). Clever extra-tricks may be OK once you're really advanced and need a wee boost to your routine, but for now - not much point doing that. However, if you REALLY feel it's working, by all means, keep doing what you're doing!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely feel that the slow-mo-trick has done wonders with my shoulders so i'll at least try it with everything and see how it feels after my workouts. If it sucks, i won't do it, but if it feels as good as it does with my shoulders, i'll add it to my routine. Just for the boost. I really need a boost. Plus it feels awesome.

Oh man, thanks so much Devil's Plaything. I really want to be a good example of a vegan """"bodybuilder"""" who really gets bigger, especially because of my crappy genes that make it very difficult to begin with.

EDIT: Another pic.

bicep.jpg.d735d1607640196a52b7713a56018658.jpg

Sorry, i had to. :D

Thanks Marcina.

LocalBrada, i do train my forearms pretty hard as well, almost grinding my teeth at the end of every set, but i think my wrists are too skinny for any bigger forearm muscles.

And thank you sosso. This thing is really feeling good. I hope i'll be much heavier in Spring.

Oh, and by the way, i tried that slow-mo rep yesterday, and it was my chest/shoulder/abs/back day, and it really felt awesome with every single set i did. My chest is really sore now, and i LOVE it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, not so good news coming up. I went back down to 63,3 kg (139 lbs). An ugly breakup doesn't do good things to a man's appetite and hours of sleep (read: not able to eat properly and sleeping less than four hours every night).

But damn it, i'm going to get there.

Note: I didn't feel any loss of strength yesterday when training, but i got tired and dizzy on the treadmill RIGHT away.

Girls suck but not always in the right way, huh? JK

Me and my GF broke up for like 6 months or so (got back together later on), emotinally that was the shittiest time of my life but training wise I kicked it soooo good. The gym is a great way to get over someone etc etc

Some kids had Morrissey, I had gold's gym

gotta get huge

Hey, E.J., you are looking really great! Love that last pic ..

About the breakup, I'm so sorry; but, take this time to take out that pain, anger or whatever on those weights I was in the best shape in my life after I broke off a serious relationship Damn...I think I need to get in and out of another one just to get hot again

Just know you'll get through this. The only way to get to the other side IS to go through it.

For sleep, you can try forcing yourself to stay awake (maybe for 24 hours or so) So stay awake past the time you finally do get sleepy and just continue your day. That'll make you really tired and sleepy, but that's the idea.

Then decide on what time is best for you to sleep, and go to bed then. You'll sleep like a rock, I promise. That should get you back on track, even if you oversleep a bit, you'll still be tired the next day around the same time you decided to go to bed. Hope that makes sense

Good luck. And keep up your health. Don't let anyone ever keep you from taking care of yourself, Ever!

An ugly breakup doesn't do good things to a man's appetite and hours of sleep

Sorry to hear that! I used a lot of frustration from my last (also very ugly) breakup and transformed it into aggression for my workouts. I remember lifting 165 kg for the first time back then and almost fainting 'cause I was so out of my mind

Keep up the good work and don't let a woman ruin you! (I know what I'm talking about )

Hmm, not so good news coming up. I went back down to 63,3 kg (139 lbs). An ugly breakup doesn't do good things to a man's appetite and hours of sleep (read: not able to eat properly and sleeping less than four hours every night).

But damn it, i'm going to get there.

Note: I didn't feel any loss of strength yesterday when training, but i got tired and dizzy on the treadmill RIGHT away.

Been reading your post. Sorry to hear about your challenges. Looking forward to the next progress report.

Cheers

Thanks a lot everyone. I just hope i didn't lose anything during these few weeks.. Right now i'm doing better again, i'm getting my diet running well and my training is also going good.

This thing is just taking too damn long, there's no way i'll be heavy enough before summer.. Well, i'm looking to start over next fall.