Vegan Energy Drinks?

Emie17

I'm not convinced that a cup or two of coffee, tea, etc per day is a risk worth avoiding.

Neither do millions of people around the world, so you are in plentiful company.The thing you are not perhaps realising is that alot of people do not drink 2 cups of coffee a day.Alot of them drink 5 and upwards.

Also some energy drinks out there contain alot more caffeine than a cup of coffee.The study you quote admits that in large amounts caffeine does have some negative effects.

All I am saying is that I prefer what I consider to be a safer option, which is a fruit smoothie.

Also yes I agree, people should be aware caffeine does not supply energy, it just gives you the illusion of having energy (a bit dodgy?)

My 2 cents worth of wondering:

Yeah, a cup or two of coffee won't hurt you, BUT what about the effects of having a cup or two a day, or even every other day, or possibly once a week (kick off the Monday morning), for a number of years? Coffee has alot of toxic chemicals in it (even the organic brands, it is just the nature of the coffee bean) and maybe your liver is taxed from alot of other chemicals you put in your body during the day, and can't handle it. The toxic chemical is able to pass thru the liver and get stuck somewheres in your body (attaches chemically with some other chemical - DNA/cell damage, adipose tissue storage, etc.). Think about it. You will when you are in your 50's or sooner.

Steaz is ok, but NOTHING COMPARES TO......

AMAZON ENERGY (by Sambazon)

http://www.sambazon.com/nutrition/amazonEnergy.jpg

Best taste, all organic content. The boost is provided by reasonable amounts of yerba mate, green tea extract (Steaz brand), and guarana. Also, they are CHEAP, $1.50-$2.00 and twice as large as most tiny-ass organic energy drinks. I'm surprised someone didn't already post this. After one or two of these, I usually have to go out back to smash concrete and scream.

Steaz is ok, but NOTHING COMPARES TO......

AMAZON ENERGY (by Sambazon)

http://www.sambazon.com/nutrition/amazonEnergy.jpg

Best taste, all organic content. The boost is provided by reasonable amounts of yerba mate, green tea extract (Steaz brand), and guarana. Also, they are CHEAP, $1.50-$2.00 and twice as large as most tiny-ass organic energy drinks. I'm surprised someone didn't already post this. After one or two of these, I usually have to go out back to smash concrete and scream.

I've had those before, and I really wanted to like it. I don't think they taste very good. Maybe i'll give them another chance.

http://www.redbull.com/en/ProductPage.FAQS/htmlProductPage.action?faqIndex=6

click these:

"is red bull energy drink suitable for vegetarians?"

&

"is red bull energy drink gluten free, vegan, wheat free, dairy free?"

the only thing that bothers me is the answer after the vegan one, how it's a purely synthetic substance produced by pharmaceutical companies. :S

personally, i won't drink an energy drink (or coffee) unless i'm struggling physically (like pulling an all nighter), how people drink 10 red bulls a day scares me hehe

Beware of the amino acids they add to the things! Despite the common misconception that they use 'synthetic' amino acids that does NOT mean their from a vegetarian source material. Red Bull is an excellent case in point. They state the Taurine in their product is synthetic, if it was truly of non-animal origin they'd say their taurine is sourced from glucose fed bacteria. More than 90% of commercial taurine is synthesized from slaughterhouse waste products. There are two companies that make bacterial taurine as a specialty product and due to cost it's almost entirely used in vegan cat food and a few medicines!