What did you have for dinner 12-25-08

Vegan Joe

OMG So much of Lean and Green, and thendanisays fantastic Gourmet Raw Food.

Leftovers today

Dehydrated crackers, with tomotoes, sundried tomatoes, olives, and hummus spread,

Dehydrated breads, raw walnut and portabello burgers, with kitchup, hummus, lettuce, and tomatoes,

More humus and crackers, veggies, fruit.

For dessert Raw Key lime pie (thendanisays very own recipe)

The filling's main ingredient was with coconut butter, avocado, dates topped with Raspberries. Crust with Almonds and dates.

Umm lets see. On Christmas eve we had to get back home because my brother had to sleep a bit before work at 9pm, so we didn't get a chance to stop and buy anything. So for Christmas dinner I had brown rice, a vegan chik pattie, and some string beans. Ok I did get a vegan chocolate bar, so I ate most of that too.

In the crock pot, I made a spinach/fresh basil lasagna with Fieldroast's Italian sausages (seiten), and the side dishes were garlic bread (that all the unvegan cousins ate up!), yellow and green beans with dill, mashed yukon gold potatoes, and chocolate cake (that once again everybody ate !). I was amazed that Grandma made a Corn chowder and a fruit salad for the rest of the gang. Probably had chicken stock as the base broth, but at least it had the potential to be vegetarian (no looking at turkey or ham this year - that was only at Thanksgiving).

Veggie Roast - A whole one

Good job! Was it homemade or store-bought?

I polished off most of a Tofurkey Roast, but had to share a couple slices worth with my dad.

We also had apple cider, herbed chick'n cutlets, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and green beans.

Good job! Was it homemade or store-bought?

I polished off most of a Tofurkey Roast, but had to share a couple slices worth with my dad.

We also had apple cider, herbed chick'n cutlets, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and green beans.

It was store bought.

Very similar to a Tofurkey Roast by the looks of it, but without the stuffing.

All in all, very tasty