Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

Today was a Back Attack day. Had a good workout. Lats felt swol while at the gym.

Had a mix of tofu(2 bricks), broccoli, sugar snap peas, whole mushrooms, an avacado, chia seeds, and some soynuts cooked in avacado oil/water with a couple splashes of light soy sauce and black pepper & basil spinkled atop.

Here is a pic. Yeah I know my upper back needs work but thats why I was in the gym today working it for 2 hours! Came home and took the pic. Not so SWOL feeling in the pic.

15min warmup on bike

2 hour back workout

.50mi run @6.0 1%incl

.25 walk @3.5 3%incl

.25 run @6.0 1%incl

http://i47.tinypic.com/35bf885.jpg

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I just heard that too.....it's a big bummer.

I've competed in it 3 times and once if not twice, it was canceled. One year it was canceled just a week or so before the show and I ended up driving to Sacramento, CA to compete rather than OR as planned.

Jimi has one in AL. You've got LA, I just need to find something for Ed in the NW. There is an NPC "Natural" show he may do. We'll see.

All the best everyone!

The one on the 24th is NPC, but then they have an NGA(natural) in May which nonpwr is doing as a professional BB'r.

Here are a couple of pics from tonight. I did:

Upright rows: 65lbs x15,x10,x10

Shrugs: 40x30 all the way up to 90's for the same

Shrug holds 25lb x1min

Then I did a bunch of chest and about 6-8 sets of pullups really squeezing and dead-hanging. 3 hours total tonight and a gallon of water gone. I had a serving of NOxplode right before and felt great.

http://i50.tinypic.com/15ytbno.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/fxuosz.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/flbrb8.jpg

and I darkened the first pic up a little to see what it will look like with my skin darker and the lighting in my apt sucks balls!

Lats and upper back need work so no need to tell me. I still have 8-9 weeks

Joe, please sing the "pants on the ground" song when you look at my pics from now on please.

Yest, was a failed attempt at the gym. It was around 64* and was too pretty to be inside so I left and enjoyed the sun.

Today was better. I slept about 12 hours last night using my Sleep Complete stuff and felt great. I have def caught up on sleep this weekend and have reduced my bloat/bodyfat by sleeping....

I went to the gym and first thing off as i sat my stuff down was someone asking me about Sunwarrior and the differences between that and whey. Held me up for about 15min or so.

I ran 1/2mile in 6min(nice and slow baby!) and then started off doing some

flat chest press (80lb x 10x3sets)

tricep pushdowns(hurt elbow a little)

2 hand Tricep kickbacks (20lbx20,30lbx20,40lbx10x2sets)

db shrugs, 1 arm lateral raises, lat pulldowns, seated rows,

hanging knee raises(using ab straps) bwx25x2sets, 5lbx10x3sets

light machine flyes

it was okay. nothing too intense, but my body was down on water/energy so I looked a little deflated but as my workout went on my muscles and veins were poppin.

I left after an hour to get back into the sun and warm weather. 67* right now and loving it! Took both dogs for a mile walk and they were loving it too.

Tonight I think Ill work a little bit of bis/tris and some pullups.

So today I caught up on some much needed sleep and had a rockin 2hr chest workout!

Flat db:

40x25repsx3

80x10x3

100x6x3

cable press:

50x30

70x20-30

80x15

110x10

50x50 or so...

Db bottom flyes:

20x20x2-3sets

30x10

40x10

iso lateral hammer strength super incline:

1 plate(each side) x20 x2

2 plates(each) x10 x2

seated machine flyes:

145x30

195x20

250x10

295x10

seated rows:

205x10

255x5

delt machine:

high reps moderate weight. Went up to 140lbs.

Cable rotator pull outs:

20x50

30x30

40x20

20x50

Delt triple 7's(lateral,frontal,onexones):

20x7(3)

30x7(3)

40x7(3)

dips(squeezed shoulder blades together)

5 sets of 20reps

rope curls(for delts):

50x30

70x

80x

40x

60x

70x

30x50

20x, 40x too many sets and reps to remember

cable bicep curls(high pulley pulling to sides of heAd):

30x30

40x20

20x30(1 arm) plus a couple more sets

seated bicep machine:

started at 85lbs for 20 then moved up to 125lbs back down the lowest was 50(1 arm for 15 or so). Multiple sets and high reps to get the pump. Up and down on the weight stack.

And I believe that was it. I only did some bis to help a gym buddy out and to get some in with someone as I hate doing biceps especially by myself.

My arse is killing me from yesterdays leg workout!!! Damn you 55lb walking lunges!

Tomorrow I'll hit back super hard with some heavy ass weight and some heavy shrugs(needing these).

My chest better be sore tomorrow dammit!

Taught bootcamp yesterday(butt still sore) and worked my traps.

I did BB shrugs, DB shrugs, DB rev flyes. I meant to get a back workout in but i was too tired from not sleeping much so I slept instead.

Today I woke up, flexed my abs and was like "damn where did my waist go?" Good times in low body-fat-ville.

I havent worked out today YET, but I did do an hour cardio on the "free runner" watching The Outer Limits. Makes an hour go by much faster.

My traps are sore today(yay) and it felt good finally getting back doing them. I will def get a hard back workout in today followed with some abs and possibly more cardio tonight. We'll see

Ive been neglecting this journal.... bad bad jimi. I have been working out though. Almost took the weekend off. Went to gym on friday and couldnt quite get into it so I left early. Sat I took off to spend time with family. And Sunday night I did an hour on the Precor.

Today in the a.m. I did 30min on bike, some (1leg) leg xtns and some abs(weight and just bodyweight; mix of crunches and situps)

Then I hit legs for an hour and a half. I lost my paper in which I kept track of workout but here goes it:

10min warmup on Precor

Leg Press (P= plate each side):

2Px10

4px10x2sets

6px6x2sets

8px5x2sets(moved seat up)

10px5(seat up)

*someone tried to steal my machine when I was on second set of 8P*

Ham curl machine:

50lb(1leg)x10x3 sets

70x10

110x10

130x10

145x10

150x10

170x8

Leg Xtns:

250x10x3sets

305x10x3sets

40x10(1 leg)

55x10(1leg)

70x10(1leg)

110x10(1leg)

130x10(1leg)

155x10(1leg)

170x10(1leg)

I think this was it. Felt good to do leg press again. I sported my flat Chuck Taylors and went low and focused on muscles more than just lifting it. No squats or lunges. My ass was killer sore from the lunges last week for about 5 days... will do some in a couple days or so. Hams felt good to hit too.

I think ill only be doing one show this year. I am really bummed that I wont be able to do Portland and it threw my year off. Also, I need to work more and preparing for more competitions will just prevent me from doing so.

Last summer I prepared all summer for the August shows and I was unable to have the fun I wanted due to me being in the gym everyday and not able to eat all the fresh fruits that I wanted(i.e. watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, melons, etc..).

I love seasonal fruit way too much to be passing it up this year. Also, my probar addiction has been on hold due to the damn calorie and sugar restriction I have on myself and I dont want to have to miss out on things this summer...

Probars are the jam! And I'm with you on the seasonal fruit. If I couldn't have watermelon, someone would suffer...big time

By the way...A guy at work the other day rolled his eyes and said "Vegans can't be bodybuilders." I said "Oh yeah?" and opened up this site and clicked on your pictures. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Probars are the jam! And I'm with you on the seasonal fruit. If I couldn't have watermelon, someone would suffer...big time

By the way...A guy at work the other day rolled his eyes and said "Vegans can't be bodybuilders." I said "Oh yeah?" and opened up this site and clicked on your pictures. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Wow thanks Rob! A lot of times after I post pics I look at them sometimes minutes others days later and start picking them apart about what I dont like and I almost take them down...

Hammies and butt are still sore today from leg workout. Traps are sore too

Today at 9am I did 45min bike, 11am- 45min bike, 12noon- 45min (cardio)bootcamp class I taught. I almost didnt want to train my person after and was going to offer some snacks and kombucha as a peace offering for wanting to cancel.

I was drained as I only had some oats and a couple sunwarrior shakes from early in the morning.

Tomorrow Ill be hitting chest and tris hard.... as hard as my wrists and elbows will allow me to.

This morning was a chest day.

I started off with a 15min walk on 3.5mph, 1%incline

I then proceeded to do flat db chest presses and right after pushups on small part of bench end:

Flat DB:60lbx15x3sets, 80lbx8x3sets, 95lbx5x3sets

Bench PU:20x3sets, 15x3sets, 10x3sets(on floor...just to switch up)

Incline db:40lbx20x3sets, 60lbx10x3

Converging(plate loaded) incline press:90lb(1plate ea.)x10full &10partial, 180lbx10x3setsfull

Eagle Rear Delt(rev flye machine): 90x15x3sets

Seated cable flyes

DB B.ups 10x15x3sets, 25x10

Lat pulldown: 14x10, 18x4(stack only goes up to 20 so almost whole stack)

15min bike ride.

My energy levels were depleted and didnt want to do too much more as I am going to the gym again this afternoon to work some arms and maybe a lil more chest once I have some food in me.

As of right now, I am leaner and at a higher weight(185lbs yest). Since I only have one show this year I went ahead and decided to weigh myself as a client was telling me im getting too skinny(maybe she just getting too fat... go figure).

Just a thought. Not everyone is perfect, learn to take a outsiders criticism as gentle critique, and smile try to be nice to your clients - they may nbe flawed, but they pay your bills... Just smile ya grump.

Anyway.......

Sunday I ran 4miles with the fam outside and enjoyed the nice bright, warm sun!

I also pulled a glute muscle which was pretty painful. Luckily I know my body well enough to know what to do about it. Laid off the weights on monday and hit the sauna and rested.

Today was better. Did some light legs & abs and it whooped my tail! Had been kind of dehydrated but that should be no excuse! Higher reps on squats and leg press. Didnt go nearly as heavy, but I now know again that I need to start off very light with legs to warm up and then hit heavier. Seems like I keep forgetting.

Attempted another workout in the pm and it got me too... I had my 20lb weight vest with me and would do 10pullups(straight bar...thick) and then 20 bench pushups. 6 sets of each. With the pullups id switch my palms each set from facing towards to facing away. Dips followed with the weight vest on and cranked out 6 sets of 20reps. I left shortly after....

Ill hit an hour of cardio in the morning tomorrow and hit some upper body as well. Man im almost tired of all this training and trying to eat clean(keyword trying)... Im ready for Summer and some good ol' watermelon.

Hey grump! Why is it we always argue on here??? Lol u look good re the ab pic... U should post em.. And hey stay with it. You got this almost there! Part two of this post - love that u can edit later.. 1) wtg on the cardio today ur my hero! 2) thnx for motivating Kody got to go to gym ran a coupla miles and then got a lil lift in...