Reality Check: National Health Care

beforewisdom

It's useless, as we as indiviuals have no say in the matter.

We're going to get screwed no matter what those yahoos in Washington decide.

Because it not about doing it right it's about what's in it for them and their moneys.

Washington: The Kingdom Of Loopholes!

That isn't true. You can keep your current health plan if you want to.

Well you don't know that for sure, as nothing has come oout of Washington.

And why would most people keep paying for something that everyone else is getting for free. Granted some who have plenty of money would have no problem, but most will opt for extra money in their paycheck.

Shouldn't be called Health care but Ill care, or Disease care/ Death Care system, since nobody that enters or exits hospitals are healthy; people are sick, they either die at the hospital or they are discharged with a bottle of pills leaving like zombies that must be treated for life. If hospitals would welcome healthy persons and teach them how to stay healthy or how to become healthy it could be called Health care, but what they do is feed them with Jello-O and cut their arms or legs...

Tim Van Orden on the Health Care:

'Independantly Healthy', being healthy without drugs, without hospitals, without doctors... I think one of the reason is most people are not educated about good nutrition and healthy lifestyle. Instead of teaching mathematics to become obese and sick mathematicians or scientists, or instead of teaching religions in school, they could teach how to live, and nutritionists should stop to misinform people telling them that we need to drink milk and eat fish. At least there's a few vegan dieteticians and doctors that speak up but that is not enough yet.

What can you expect when the health care system is governed by private corporations that make money on diseases and death? I believe the ''health care'' system in the US is one of the worst possible and that just across the border you can find one of the best. I dont know if the health care is good all across Canada, but here in Quebec its not that bad, its free for most services or medications you get; well not totally free because you pay with taxes, but its not like paying ridiculous insurance like in the US. The only thing that sucks is that its very slow, you either wait for 6 hours to see a doctor, even for emergencies (except if you're bleeding to death of course), or you sign up on a 6 months waiting list. But what's good is if you have money and you're willing to pay, you dont have to wait if you go in private institutions.

I dont know if the health care is good all across Canada, but here in Quebec its not that bad, its free for most services or medications you get; well not totally free because you pay with taxes, but its not like paying ridiculous insurance like in the US. The only thing that sucks is that its very slow, you either wait for 6 hours to see a doctor, even for emergencies (except if you're bleeding to death of course), or you sign up on a 6 months waiting list. But what's good is if you have money and you're willing to pay, you dont have to wait if you go in private institutions.

Exactly. Socialized healthcare isn't perfect, but it sure is better than the US system...

I dont know if the health care is good all across Canada, but here in Quebec its not that bad, its free for most services or medications you get; well not totally free because you pay with taxes, but its not like paying ridiculous insurance like in the US. The only thing that sucks is that its very slow, you either wait for 6 hours to see a doctor, even for emergencies (except if you're bleeding to death of course), or you sign up on a 6 months waiting list. But what's good is if you have money and you're willing to pay, you dont have to wait if you go in private institutions.

Exactly. Socialized healthcare isn't perfect, but it sure is better than the US system...

From one imperfection to the next ?

We're going to get screwed no matter what those yahoos in Washington decide.

Because it not about doing it right it's about what's in it for them and their moneys.

Washington: The Kingdom Of Loopholes!

I agree 100 percent

IYM i'm with you on that one. There's not much health care going on, just disease management. There's alot of money in treating diseases, but not much money in teaching people what is needed to drastically reduce your chances of having a issue. The vast majority of medical bills in this country are for Lifestyle related conditions that can be elimainted or at the minimum vastly reduced with proper lifestyle(Heart Disease, Cancer, diabetes ect.)

There's so much stuff in this 1200 plus page bill that isn't making it too the main stream news. It's really going to continue the trend of the last 40 years of desroying the middle class with tax after tax after tax leading to a ruling class and a working class. With the bill there's no need to prove citizenship so Illeagals will be treated for a whole host of problems using the expensive methods and this will encourage more and more illeagals to come in the country. I really don't feel like paying for joe's gastric bypass or betties lung transplant from 40 years of smoking ect. I'd love for there to be the perfect system where everyone has great care and a huge priority on prevention but that's not what is going on here. We'll see more of the same except higher taxes and drug companies profiting even more. On top of all this the country is in a huge economic slow down and raising taxes will only hurt a struggling people.

From one imperfection to the next ?

perfection is relative and everything is relative some nations even called Quebec health care system to be ''perfect'' so they adopted it in France and many European countries. There's been a time when it was better, but now with more people, not more nurses or doctors, more diseases and more sick people eating animals and junk food its less efficient. One thing is sure is I prefer having to pay a little bit during all my life for those that use hospitals and lots of expensive medications rather than having to pay 20,000$, 80,000$ or 200,000$ if I need to use those expensive surgeries/pills some day.

I remember one scene in michael moore's doc on health care, the guy that cut 2 of his fingers by accident and didn't have enough money to sew both fingers, he had to chose between two fingers (it was more than 10,000$ per finger i think ?)... I find it insane that someone must use the savings he accumulated during all his life to have the right to continue his life, or having to be in debt for the rest of his life. Health, life is priceless, no companies should have the right to put a price on your life: pay or die... its like water or other things that we need and it is a fundamental right for everybody, poor or rich, to have access... Here it would have been free to have his two fingers back. Is it in that same movie or another Moore's doc that we see a few US citizens going to a south america country to finally get treated and almost for free eventhough that country is obviously very poor ?

Hopefully we won't find out becasue the majority of the country is against it. But Obama is a slick salesman and might be able to get the majority down for it. The good thing is the country as a whole is waking up to Obama as his aproval rating slips.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter much what the country thinks, it's all up to those in congress. And while they were elected by the people, most of those elections were also about choosing between a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

That's not to say a direct democracy would necessarily be better, maybe it would. Personally I'd like to see more of this falling back on the states, at least then we wouldn't be so stuck in this finding a one-size-fits-all mindset.

Hopefully we won't find out becasue the majority of the country is against it. But Obama is a slick salesman and might be able to get the majority down for it. The good thing is the country as a whole is waking up to Obama as his aproval rating slips.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter much what the country thinks, it's all up to those in congress. And while they were elected by the people, most of those elections were also about choosing between a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

That's not to say a direct democracy would necessarily be better, maybe it would. Personally I'd like to see more of this falling back on the states, at least then we wouldn't be so stuck in this finding a one-size-fits-all mindset.

Yeah i agree. But People in Congress can only do bad things if the people don't stand up. Unfortunately most people are thinking about sports, dancing with the stars, MTV ect to focus on what really matters. I think the biggest fraud is the two party system in this country. It's like choosing between Coke and Pepsi. Its much like Pro Wrestling in that they argue and bicker back and fourth on camera but behind the senses there working for basically the same thing and that's the Corporate Elite.

If you asked most people in this country what kinda of government we are they'd say a democracy, but that is probably the worst kinda of government there is. That is majority rules, anything goes. If 51 percent want to in slave the other 49 then they can. The founders of this country were very smart setting up a constitutional republic were there is a set of rules that can't be violated and have a system of checks and balances to keep a balance of power. A lot of people don't realize that the elected officials work for us and we have every right to voice are distance for there corrupt ways. There's a good saying that says something like Evil can only take over if good men do nothing.