Robert Cheeke on Ellen DeGeneres Show

Vegan Joe

Why not? Lets make this happen!

I know there are alot of smart and determine people here.

Let start with posting some brain storming ideas, on how we as friends and fans of Robert can make this happen.

I think, we know we can.

Ellen has just started her journey on veganism.

Why wouldn't she be willing to showcase just what is possible when your animal free.

Lets pump her up!

Having met Robert and having been on the receiving end of this mans tremendous kindness, is only part of the reason we should attempt this.

If you think about it, this is about us too.

Let get started.

Lets make some plans.

Lets hear some ideas.

GO!

Thanks Vegan Joe,

When I first saw this I thought maybe Alicia said something about me on the show or something like that since I met up with her recently and she had great things to say about Vegan Bodybuilding.

I'm getting myself back into shape and I'm excited about it....I'll be touring around and if the opportunity comes to get on a mainstream network or if I create that opportunity, I'll do the best I can to represent veganism in a positive way.

Thanks for thinking of me.

• 1 month later...

I think she is OK. I don't see that she's especially annoying. It does suck that she is still spokeswoman for Cover Girl. On the other hand, she is massively increasing the visibility of veganism, just because of the huge audience she has and the fact she's not afraid to have vegan stuff on her show. She also has vegan stuff and resources on her website. Given that her audience is pretty mainstream and not likely to be people who are vegan already or even know much about veganism, she's bringing information to a lot of people.

When she first came out as a lesbian, one of the evangelical TV personalities in the US called her Ellen DeGenerate. So I associate calling her that with being ciritcal of the fact that she is gay.

Whatever Ellen might not have "perfected" in her own life as a new vegan (she will be contractually tied to Cover Girl for all we know - and they won't just let her go because she's decided to go vegan and their products aren't), it is always easier to criticise someone for their imperfections than praise them for what they have achieved so far. Some people will get motivated by constant criticism, as it drives them to keep improving, but the vast majority of people will turn away when the emphasis is on anything that is not quite perfect about them and their (new) lifestyle. I think it is also extremely important that veganism is marketed as something that is "mainstream" rather than "alternative", for the simple reason that most people are "mainstream" at least in their dietary choices.

So if Robert could have a chance to have a chat with any show host who is halfway decent - and preferably kind of popular at least - then that could be a huge boost for veganism.

I'd say that the first thing that would need finding out is how to get in touch with Ellen's show's producers. Obviously I've got NO idea ow her show works, but often the host only presents the show, it's the producers who decide who goes on it and when.

Just my twopennies worth ...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...