Good deodorants for men

skee-lo

I just learned that too, like a week ago. I've been admin for about a year and didn't know how to get the name on their either, but just experimented one day

ROB

Oh, and deoderant, I've been using Tom's of Maine for a while now, maybe 5-10 years. I used to get some reaction from it, like a red rash, but I haven't had that in a couple of years.

Take a daily zinc tablet. Give yourself 3 or 4 days and you will be happy to notice that your sweat doesn't stink anymore. For expecially potent sweat, you may find that the reduction is not total so a light natural deoderant should take care of the residual odor. I almost never wear deoderant because I rarely need to thanks to the zinc. If I am especially stressed, the stink may come back slightly and in that case I just grab my natural crystal deo. I have had the same crystal for going on 3 years now. Best $3 ever spent. Because I don't use it often, it lasts a long long long long time. But like I said, take that zinc tablet. It's good for you and takes the stink out of your sweat but if you forget to take it for a few days, the stink comes back so keep up with it.

The zinc idea might be something to try. I've now tried the thai crystal and the scented liken by earth science. Both are better than what I've been using. Thai crystal doesn't cover the odor completely for me (not very noticeable though) but with liken I really don't smell anything.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw in the store today a Tom's of Main NEW long-lasting deodorant stick. Has anyone tried this? I actually like Tom's of Maine except that it doesn't last the whole day and I'm unfortunately thinking of switching to Mitchum (which I hate the whole idea of - being pitched to "manliness").

Is it really long lasting?

You know what I tried recently that worked very well for me? Nothing.

For the past many years, I have rolled, sprayed, and/or slabbed on Speed Stick, Right Guard, Tom's, Dick's, Harry's, and whatever other product I could find. But because of a completely un-researched and probably unsubstantiated theory I have recently developed that those hygiene products cause cancer, and because someone in my family recently was diagnosed with cancer, I decided to go without from now on. And you know what? After about a week, I stopped sweating as much as I normally do. I stopped stinking too (not that I was stinking that much - well, as far as I know).

So now I'm on to another completely unsunstantiated theory -- that wearing deodorant suppresses your natural scent, and thus makes your stink glands (which I just made up) work overtime to compensate - so then when your deodorant wears off, your natural odor prevails with a vengeance. Likewise with anti-perspirant - it suppresses your sweating, thus making your sweat glands work harder to try to cool your skin. Then when your a.p. wears off, you're in a bath of your own juices. Seems like a pretty good business model for Right Guard and Speed Stick.

I could be wrong, but the wiferoo says she notices no difference whatsoever between the deodorant-wearing me and the me sans-deodorant. And I sweat no more than I used to.

Give it a try for one week. If you're not completely satisfied, I'll refund whatever you paid for this free advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started taking 50mg Zinc pills before bed at night (as the first morning I tried it I thought I was going to be sick on the way to my new job) and I did notice a difference albeit a slight one, but every bit helps!

I have to say though that I started using something that I'm happy to say I would deem as successful. I picked up "The Crystal" (http://www.thecrystal.com) at Pathmark and it works really well.

It's very strange to wet the top and rub it on you as you don't feel any wetness or anything on you nor do you see anything. I really didn't think it would work for this reason but lo and behold it does! Occassionally there are brief moments where I start to smell it not working but amazingly within a few minutes the smell goes completely away when that does happen.

I bought the Purple cased one as that was the only one they had. I'd be curious to try the Men's version.

Hooray for no more stink!

• 4 weeks later...

That liken scented deordant by earth science(maybe I might try the non-scented) eventually started irritating my skin, so I've switched back to the thai crystal which I'm still not completely satisfied with. I'm thinking of just experimenting and creating my own deordorant. Some sites I found on homemade deordorant recipes:

http://www.theexpress.com/express%20351/bodyline.htm

http://www.a1-natural-beauty.com/Herbal_Deodorant.html

Please let me know if any of you have tried this with success.

• 3 weeks later...

Deoderant Salt is unbeatable...Thai deoderant salt is the best...its pricey but it lasts over a year. I use some cheap stuff from the Philippes sometimes too...it only cost about 20cents for what costs $7 here. Plus I like the idea of using something your body has in it anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My lovely moist boyfriend uses the Natural Source deoderants, which are so good that i keep nicking them to use.

There's also a brand called Organic Source , which is an organic version of NAtural Source products, but i dont know whether they make organic deoderants of a similar kind, or not.

The Natural Source ones are awesome, though.

Honestly I think if you're a healthy eating, reasonably long time vegan (long enough to clean yourself out) then you really don't have to worry alot about deodorant... I haven't used it in many months and as long as i shower, nobody has told me I stink...

My advice is to just stop using it, too much heavy metals in it and it's probably not necessary anyways.