2006 Spring Shape-Up Contest!

Spring Shape-Up Contest!

This is our 4th year hosting contests on www.veganbodybuilding.com! We’ve had all kinds of contests in the past and have given away prizes such as t-shirts, hats, gift certificates, cash, etc. and have featured our contest winners on the front of www.veganbodybuilding.com (past winners can be found here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/contests.html)

We had a bunch of contests in 2003, a great year in 2004, and then in 2005 we didn’t offer very many, mostly due to the fact that we were running low on resources for prizes.

In the past, our contests were for “who has the best biceps, or legs, etc., comparing athletes to one another). After feedback, especially on the Vegan Bodybuilding forum, I’ve decided to create a Body Transformation Contest on here just in time for Spring. Many of us have done Body Transformation Contests in the past, including myself in 2000 and 2004. There are hundreds out there, nationally and internationally.

So with this contest, what we’ll do is take before photos by March 31st and then 12 weeks later, take after photos and then vote on a winner. I know, 12 weeks doesn’t seem that long, but in the 12-week Body-for-LIFE contest in 2000 I went from 157-176 pounds and it was awesome! In 12 weeks a lot can change. Some of us will try to lose weight, some try to gain muscle; we’ll all have different goals. Therefore, this contest will not be about who has the biggest biceps or the flattest stomach but who made the most impressive physical transformation based on their own personal goals.

So here is the breakdown:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsors the 2006 Vegan Spring Shape-Up contest!

Submit “Before” photos to [email protected] by March 31st to be entered. Please send at least 3 photos including a full-body photo from the front, back, and side, in fitness wear, so we can easily track progress. The contest will go from April 1st to June 24th. Then, we’ll start a Summer Shape-Up Contest for those who missed the Spring contest and/or those who were inspired by the Spring Contest contestants, and it will run from July 1st to around September 24th.

At then end of the contest, send “After” photos. These will need to be taken before or on June 24th. Once those are collected, the contestants will be voted on by the website visitors and forum members and a winner will be chosen. We will have a male and female category, and based on number of entries we may have sub categories based on goals (i.e. Gaining muscle or losing weight, etc). A short bio will be included for each contestest so we know a little bit about what each person had to overcome, what their goals were, and so we can learn a bit about their personality and training history.

BEFORE photos can be taken anytime between March 14-March 31st and e-mailed to me by mid-April.

AFTER photos can be taken anytime between June 10-24th and e-mailed by early July so we can get started on the voting process.

What: 2006 Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Spring Shape-Up Contest!

When: April 1st – June 24th

Who: Open to all vegans, including non- Vegan Bodybuilding forum members

Why: To motivate each other and to recognize achievement in health and body transformation.

Where: Hopefully vegans from all over the world will enter, please join in!

Awards:

Everyone who completes the contest and submits Before and After photos with a short bio will win some sort of prize, probably a free t-shirt and certificate for completing the contest.

The winners voted on by website visitors will be featured on www.veganbodybuilding.com and on the Vegan Bodybuilding Forum and will receive prizes such as, but not limited to:

-Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing

-A copy of the Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD

-$100 in gift certificates from VeganEssentials.com ($50, $30, $20)

-CA$H Prizes

-Gift Certificates to Vegan Companies

-A subscription to VegNews Magazine

-A copy of the Best-Selling Book THRIVE by Brendan Brazier

-A box of Vega Bars

-Hemp Protein Powder

-Vegan Fitness Team Apron

-Fit Vegan Calendars

-A CD from Vegan Rock Star Cheryl Hill (www.cherylhill.com)

-Other prizes to be named later - I'll continue to use my resources to get lots of things donated...books, clothing, supplements, etc.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, please e-mail Robert Cheeke at [email protected] or write to:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

P.O. Box 2125

Corvallis, OR 97339

USA

Thank you and we look forward to your entry!

The Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Team

Edited by robert

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about entering as well. I am definitely going to take part, as in I am going to try to improve during those dates. I'm just not sure yet whether I will want the photos on the internet!

If think that if you submit to rob via email or whatever, they won't be put online, they're just for his records so he can see the improvements and stuff, and I guess by the end if you're happy with your own improvement you can say to rob if you want them to be displayed or not? I feel the same way, but if in 12 weeks I have made good improvements, I'd be more happy for the photos to be shown

Cool! Glad to see a bunch of you interested in this project. I think it will be great for us, great for veganism and just a great way to motivated each other for a few months as we focus on health and fitness.

Oh, and yeah....I'll keep all the photos to myself and if by the end you are not super pleased with your photos and don't want me to post them, that is fine too.

All the photos will be kept in a file and then put up for voting at the end, just like they do in a bunch of these types of contests.

I think it will be fun And I'm also going to try to get more and more prizes to the list, just as a reward for people accepting the challenge. I know a lot of vegan companies, organizations and groups, so I'll continue to get things donated and we'll have a huge prize list.

One of my goals is to have a theme similar to Body-for-LIFE, which was something like, "winners finish and finishers win!" meaning every single person who completed the 12-week program, submitted before and after photos and completed a short bio was awarded something. Everyone who finished got a free t-shirt and a certificate. Maybe I'll do that too

I'll keep the ideas coming and thanks again for your interest! Tell your friends.....just 2 more weeks until the Spring contest starts.

Cool genduke,

I figured this was right up your alley. We used to have all those other contests like best biceps, etc. but figured this was a way to include many more people.

This is kind of a spin-off to the Body-for-LIFE program, but less detailed. In the BFL program there are specific training and nutrition programs to follow. Since we all have different training programs, different goals, etc. we're just making it as laid back and open as possible.

So all we need are before photos and then do what you do for 12 weeks and send some after ones, with a short bio of who you are, and you get free stuff, as a reward for being a finisher, and a chance to win BIG. I will go out of my way to get some awesome prizes donated.

Glad to see some of you getting excited about this. I think it will be quite cool!

Thanks Big, remember we need full-body pics since a lot can be changed in the legs and lower body in general.

Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention....we should say the photos should be taken within 2 weeks of the starting and finishing date.....so we can avoid getting photos entered from say Jan or Feb and then after ones in June.

So this timing is ok, it's about 2 weeks from April 1st, we'll just need to get some full body photos, but thanks for being so fast and quick to get some taken!

Well done mate, and I look forward to seeing the after photos!

All the best,

Robert

THIS IS AWESOME!!! I am SO doing this (altho, I can't guarantee much gains, for it's taken me 4 months to gain 5 pounds!)...but this will motivate me to work harder! I am SO in, Rob! (just don't laugh at my before pictures! LOL! )

However, I already have my "after" picture for you:

I'll submit my pics as soon as I can find a camera... which may take a little while, lol.

This is a great idea, Rob!

haha, cool!

Yeah we want to make sure we get FULL-BODY photos in fitness wear or guys with shirts off, etc. Just so we can track progress for the whole body. That is how the Body-for-LIFE and most other body transformation contests are like. We want to see as much as possible to see where progress is made. A lot can change in 3 months.

I look forward to seeing entries...again, just e-mail [email protected] I'll keep them to myself until the very end and wait to see who finishes and sends in After photos.

Remember you can take Before photos all the way up until March 31st, even if you can't e-mail them until sometime in April, I'll trust that they were taken between March 14-31st.

The After photos can be taken anytime up until June 24th and sent within 2 weeks after that so we can begin judging.

Thanks and all the best to everyone....tell your friends, let's make an impact with this!

I am so all about this. Are the pics going to be on the web site? I don’t know how I feel about that.

No photos will be on the website until April. The photos that go up will be the BEFORE and AFTER photos for those who wish to be in the runnning for the voting.

Others can submit BEFORE and AFTER photos to Me by the dates outlined and I will keep them to myself and still award each person at the end with the free gifts.

The only people who will be on the website are those who give me permission to use their photos to be up for winning the body transformation contest and eligible to receive a ton of prizes donated by various vegan companies/organizations.

So that is how the photos will work. Just remember to get the BEFORE photos TAKEN by March 31st and sent sometime shortly after, before Mid-April would be most appreciated.

Also....those who don't wish to have their photos displayed for voting but want to do the contest for the motivation, and to get in great shape, please do, and please send photos so I can keep them to track your progress.....you never know, by the end you may be so pleased with your progress that you will want to have your photos displayed for voting and who knows....you could win big! Of course, everyone who completes the challenge is a winner, but there are big prizes for those who website visitors vote on as most improved.

That means a bikini shot doesn't it!!!! Its finally cooled down here enough to start jogging, and give me some motivation to drop some bodyfat...Mind you half the people on here don't look like they have a shred of badyfat to lose anyway!