Africa

Massage

Awesome

FREE

Muscle

Cruise

Caribbean

Scrumdidlyumptious

I know it isn't very creative but as you can tell, these are words that remind me of a certain time, place, experience, or people.

So these are the words I get excited about when I see them displayed somewhere.

All nice words, Rob I like that capitalized FREE.

I was going through some old ad busters and writing down all of the words that I liked. Silly I know, but part of a tee shirt idea + I think it helps when I cant think of any ideas.

I do the same thing when I'm working on an idea and get stuck. I do a lot of story writing, and so I'll send out e-mails to friends asking things like, "what would you do if you were 4 inches tall?"

I know my list was basic, but that's me. I'll think of a more creative list some other time.

I like making up my own words, usually by combining 2 words or phrases: Here's 3 of my faves:

jackass-of-all-trades - reserved for really big jackasses

moronathon - describing a situation where I have to hang out with people I don't like - like the blowhard egomaniacs I work for

drunkover - waking up in the morning after a night of drinking and still feeling drunk

drunkover - waking up in the morning after a night of drinking and still feeling drunk

Tee Hee!

I made up a word when I was a little kid, and I still use it, so I suppose it's my favorite just because it's exclusive to me -

shrumple - can you guess what it means just by looking at it?

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanocanosis: A disease caused by inhaling finely cut crystals (I think the definition is shorter than the word itself. )

Whoever posted above me did have a point though, but not specific words, I love the Spanish and Japanese language (and speaking both can be fun. )

My friends and I (ok, it was actually only me who came up with the list, but they contributed with laughs, lol) from one of my Pre-Nursing classes came up with a list of words that you can't say with a straight face. Try it---it's like trying to sneeze with your eyes closed... it's just humanly impossible to do!

-Turd

-Neeeeeeeerd (u have to say it like that though!)

-Fart

-Booger

-Bungholio

-Squirt

-Sphincter (my all-time favorite!)

-Sphygomonometer

I know... there is kind of a reoccuring theme here... but hey, this was during my CNA class (Certified Nursing Assistant), and poop was a big focus during clinicals (changing Depends, taking intake/output measurements, bathing...). Just wait until Nursing School starts.. I'll be able to update this list with some really awesome words!

That's the best. I've taken many the midterm in such a state...and usually do pretty well!

I think "maybe" is a great word. I use it often to get out of committing to anything

Shelby - i took your word list challenge and failed (couldn't keep a straight face). now i'm looking forward to the next time i have to sneeze!

HAHAHAHA... careful, b/c I heard that if u try to sneeze with ur eyes open, your eyes will pop out! (Urban Legend or Truth?.... finbarrio takes the challenge!!!) LOL

I also like "callipygian": having shapely buttocks

HAHAHA.... How in the world do u pronounce that? I think that saying "nice buns" is a lot easier to say, lol.

Oh, and I forgot to add "buttocks" to my List of Words that you Can't Say With a Straight Face.... especially if u say it in an English accent.

Myrtilize (as in "I'll moytilize you", as said by the great Bugs Bunny).

I also kind of like troglodyte and hugger-mugger.

- Shelby - LOL I can't wait to see what other words you come up with as you get further into your nursing program.

Hugger-mugger??? What in the world does that mean? It sounds like something from Harry Potter (and NO, I DO NOT read Harry Potter.... ewwww, no offense to anyone who is a fan, but I've never understood the whole Harry Potter craze. I was forced to watch one of the Harry Potter movies in my HS Spanish class, and I don't think I would have liked it even if it was in English. In fact, having it in Spanish probably made it more tolerable, b/c I had no idea what was going on, lol).

I think that any word that has a lot of the letter "p" in it, and also with the prefix "sph" is hilarious.

Also, any word that I can't pronounce is hilarious as well. When I was really little, I had such a hard time pronouncing my R's that people would come up to my mom ask if I was from NY!!! ... Now, after years of speech class, as well as hard work and dedication, I speak weally weally well and have no pwoblems with my "aws", thanks! LOL

Shelby - LOL I can't wait to see what other words you come up with as you get further into your nursing program.

Chris, u just wait! I'll have a really good list generated by the middle of this coming fall!

Hugger-mugger??? What in the world does that mean?

You haven't heard of hugger-mugger ?

hug·ger-mug·ger

n.

Disorderly confusion; muddle.

Secrecy; concealment.

adj.

Disorderly; jumbled.

Secret; clandestine.

Shelby - LOL I can't wait to see what other words you come up with as you get further into your nursing program.

Chris, u just wait! I'll have a really good list generated by the middle of this coming fall!

I will be waiting with baited breath (but I don't know if any word could top booger for me. ).