Ultimate Fighting

Well on mmajunkie.com they talk about the ufc trying to get sanctioned in New York. I'm guessing that is the news. But that's kinda odd that Dana would make an announcement without for sure news.

you may be on to something as he did say that 'we rented some space out there', but I thought he was talking about the internet. Your sugguestion would make better sense. Then they would be able to shoot for the garden. But then we are back to the next five years statement. He could have thrown that one in there to screw with us though.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the elitexc show in Hawaii we have ANOTHER fighter that missed weight. Nick Diaz came in 9 lbs over weight. The bout was suppose to be at 160 and he weighed in at a whopping 169.

Hey at least he let his opponet know, they agreed on it and Muhsin Corbbrey weighed in at 163.5, they agreed to go catch weight at 168.. Alves on the other hand in my opinion was a complete @#%$ for not letting the hughes camp know he was going to come in over and arrange a catch weight ahead of time. Matt made weight for their fight.. I still think he would have lost either way but... jerk move.

So in the elitexc show in Hawaii we have ANOTHER fighter that missed weight. Nick Diaz came in 9 lbs over weight. The bout was suppose to be at 160 and he weighed in at a whopping 169.

Hey at least he let his opponet know, they agreed on it and Muhsin Corbbrey weighed in at 163.5, they agreed to go catch weight at 168.. Alves on the other hand in my opinion was a complete @#%$ for not letting the hughes camp know he was going to come in over and arrange a catch weight ahead of time. Matt made weight for their fight.. I still think he would have lost either way but... jerk move.

I dont know what the future holds for Hughes with these loses

A win against Matt Serra and retirement.

Why is Matt Serra fighting at 170. If anything if he's still wanting to fight he should fight at 155. Personally I'm not interested in a Hughes-Serra fight.

I really would like to see a Hughes-Serra fight, only because we missed out on it at the end of last years TUF. I personally just don't like Matt Hughes all that much, and would love to see him lose to Serra. Hughes really looked like shit in the fight against Thiago though, it's a shame. He IS a really good wrestler, but I do believe the sport has evolved past his level as well.

If I'm not mistaken, Hughes said after the last fight that he had one fight left in him (this is secondhand, I didn't actually see the fight).

Of course he could always end up "retiring" the same way Randy Couture did.

I am hearinbg something about a announcement from dana coming up on thursday that he clains will effect the UFC for the next five years. Lots of talking about it on the boards. I wonder what it could be.

all I see on the UFC site is the addition of one of the owners. Nothing all that earth shattering. Am I missing something.

I am hearinbg something about a announcement from dana coming up on thursday that he clains will effect the UFC for the next five years. Lots of talking about it on the boards. I wonder what it could be.

all I see on the UFC site is the addition of one of the owners. Nothing all that earth shattering. Am I missing something.

It was nothing but hype. The "big" announcement was that one of the Fertittas is resigning from his other job to take a more active role in heading up the UFC alongside Dana.

O M G!

i'm sure everyone knows by now that we have a new Light Heavyweight Champion. Forrest Griffin walked away with a decision victory over Rampage Jackson. huge upset, but not without it's controversy.

now i am a big fan of Forrest, you gotta love the guy. he's got personality and a ton of heart. i give him credit for going 5 rds with the champ and using a Dropkick Murphy's song as his entrance music (haha). but i don't think he did enough to win the decision last nite. Forrest clearly owned the 2nd rd. but thats the only round he clearly won. Rampage won the 1st rd, when he dropped Forrest with an uppercut. the last 3 rds were pretty close, but i think Rampage for landing more power punches. almost every punch he landed looked like it stunned Forrest, and he cut him open over his eye. Rampage almost landed one of his trademark slams, which Forrest wisely avoided. overall, i just gave Rampage the edge on more rds.

what amazes me most is that this was a unanimous decision. the judges scored it 49-46, 48-46, 48-46. when i heard the scores, i was sure Jackson had the win. but they gave it to Griffin. i was in shock the rest of the night. most of the people around me were too. like i said, i am a fan of Forrest Griffin, i just honestly don't think he pulled off a decisive victory, and certainly not a unanimous decision. the judges only gave Rampage one round! WTF?! here is and article about the fight.

did anyone else see it? what do you guys think?

O M G!

i'm sure everyone knows by now that we have a new Light Heavyweight Champion. Forrest Griffin walked away with a decision victory over Rampage Jackson. huge upset, but not without it's controversy.

now i am a big fan of Forrest, you gotta love the guy. he's got personality and a ton of heart. i give him credit for going 5 rds with the champ and using a Dropkick Murphy's song as his entrance music (haha). but i don't think he did enough to win the decision last nite. Forrest clearly owned the 2nd rd. but thats the only round he clearly won. Rampage won the 1st rd, when he dropped Forrest with an uppercut. the last 3 rds were pretty close, but i think Rampage for landing more power punches. almost every punch he landed looked like it stunned Forrest, and he cut him open over his eye. Rampage almost landed one of his trademark slams, which Forrest wisely avoided. overall, i just gave Rampage the edge on more rds.

what amazes me most is that this was a unanimous decision. the judges scored it 49-46, 48-46, 48-46. when i heard the scores, i was sure Jackson had the win. but they gave it to Griffin. i was in shock the rest of the night. most of the people around me were too. like i said, i am a fan of Forrest Griffin, i just honestly don't think he pulled off a decisive victory, and certainly not a unanimous decision. the judges only gave Rampage one round! WTF?! here is and article about the fight.

did anyone else see it? what do you guys think?

I agree, it will be interesting to see how things go the next time they meet.

and MORE DRAMA to add to the mix...

"Jackson's coach, Juanito Ibarra, plans to protest the unanimous decision with the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

"We got robbed," said Ibarra "We won the majority of the fight." "

link to the article

"According to Ibarra, there is no "if" concerning a rematch.

"I got it. I got it. I'm not waiting. Next fight,"

Thanks for the link.

After watching the fight, I have to say I don't agree with the controversy. The fight was close to be sure, but I can see why the judges gave it to Griffin.

A lot of people gave the first round to Jackson because of that uppercut, but I think Griffin won that round. That lone uppercut is just about all Jackson managed to accomplish in that round. Other than that one good shot, he spent most of the round getting chased down by Griffin and having his lead leg battered in. Griffin was the aggressor, set the tone, and landed more strikes. Jackson got one good punch in.

Round two clearly to Griffin.

Round three could go either way, kind of a lame round.

Round four clearly to Jackson.

Round five again could go either way.

I think Griffin won two rounds decisively and Jackson one round decisively. The other two rounds were toss ups that could legitimately be called for either fighter. All in all I just don't think Jackson was very aggressive and seemed to just be content to back away from Griffin and try and set up one of those big punches.

i'm sure you all have heard. next week, to try to sway viewers away from the Afflicition PPV, UFC has put together a free fight night on Spike TV. it's Anderson Silva's first fight at light heavyweight division.

Anderson Silva Vs. James Irvin

Brandon Vera Vs. Reese Andy

Hermes Franca Vs. Frank Edgar

full fight card

click here to see the trailer

so which will you watch? the Affliction pay per view or free Ultimate Fight Night. as for me, with the help of some friends, we plan to watch the Affliction event, while we DVR the UFC fight night so we can watch it afterwards.