Remember, cardio doesn't have to mean running on a treadmill

robert

http://www.thehtmlhelpsite.com/mycons/MoviesTV/carlton.gif

Remember that there are all kinds of cardio exercises to do. I'm not a huge fan of running on any of the equipment inside the gym. I prefer to be outside.

I really enjoy playing soccer or basketball. Have you seen how ripped those athletes are?

Winter is coming up and if you're not able to run outside or play sports outside, remember there are a ton of things you can do other than just run on a treadmill indoors. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but there are lots of options.

There are court sports, swimming, stair climbing, indoor basketball, volleyball, and other net sports, and a ton of other things to do....including dancing

I sweat more when I'm in the dance club than when I'm in the gym. And I train hard. I'm just a brilliant dancer and I can drop it like it's hot

Yeah, I think it's important for people to realize that as fall and winter approach (at least where I live) some activities may be harder to do outside due to rain, snow, ice, and just rather cold weather.

A lot of people tend to pack on pounds and bodyfat during the winter months, but there are a ton of indoor activities to do.

Some really easy things are even just taking the stairs for more than just a couple of flights. I did that at work when I was preparing for a bodybuilding contest in late October. I would climb hundreds of stairs a day (while working) as part of my workout.

Every bit helps. Anybody wanna wrestle?

I helped my friends carry all their stuff up to their 6th floor dorm room at ISU.

Carrying two cases of bottled water up 6 flights of stairs is not recommended.

Actually had i planned on working out and gotten more calories in me earlier(and not smoked that victory cigar on friday, which i honestly never do and never will again) it would've been fun and not a pain in the ass.

I hate machine cardio (I've had several cardio machines, but they end up being dust collectors): way too boring for me.

I do all my cardio at home: step, kickboxing, hi-lo, rebounding (those "mini trampolines"). There are hundreds of good workouts on DVD, for those of you with that inclination. If you're interested, you can check out some clips at www.collagevideo.com and see what appeals to you.

Treadmills are the worste...I have great admiration for those who can run more than 15minutes on one without falling asleep...actually during the winter my HS track coach and his training partners(all pro or pro level-triathletes) ran a marathon on the treadmills at their fitness center during a really snowy week...how boring is that

I've taken up punching the punching bags, its way more fun than treadmills.

Punching bags are great. I have one in my backyard, but everyone in my house refuses to hold it for me.

I alike hate treadmills. The one that boggles my mind the most though is the women who will go to the gym just to use the treadmill, work only up to a (not even) moderate pace, when it's a nice day outside? Can anyone shed some light on that one for me?

I love the treadmill - but mostly because it's mine at home where I can play my favorite tunes and yell really loud as I walk really fast. I call it my venting machine!

I also love bicycling - so awesome to be outside - granted Dallas has pretty nice weather all year round. But I used to live in Fairbanks, AK - and bicyclists rode all year round there, too! I guess they must have had snow tires!

I ride all year but I'm not happy when I do it...early December to Mid February is a pretty darn depressing time to ride a bike...the only thing I won't ride it is heavy rain, snow, ice or solo rides with 15+mph winds

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty active and always have been but I don't like machines. It is too boring for me. I like being outside and find a way to get out there even if the weather is crappy. If I do something inside and boring it has to be something that gives a good workout in a short period of time. I would never be able to keep it up. Boring.