Büarg i'm so sick...

Daywalker

All was well until 10minutes ago i had one of Jonathans "smoothies".

Ingredients:

Water, oats, pea protein powder, banana, cinnamon (greatest first).

To make it drinkable, i added more water, a little agave syrup and a spoon of peanut butter to mine.

About 700ml.

It was quite tasty.

Now i just feel sick ...

Lessons learned:

-Drink Jonathans smoothies careful and slow and stop immediately when you feel full!

- Never have more than 400ml at one time!

- If in doubt, leave it out!

- Be within 12m of the next toilet when drinking it!

Aaah, burping never felt so good!

Edited by Daywalker

No such thing as a meal replacement...that should just be a thick liquid to wash your real food down with...real food meaning the new jar of peanut butter since you just put a whole jar in the smoothie

I have yet to add oats to my smoothies but now I am intrigued. The thing I have been doing lately is something I really like.......instead of water I use the cold herbal tea that I have left in the teapot and cold yerba mate too. With frozen organic blueberries and Vega, some powdered flax (like CollegeB) , maybe a half frozen organic banana and some soy milk.......Yum!

I really like pumpkin seed butter, but man, it is really expensive!

Ah you guys are so inspiring, but I fear my food routine is suffering a bit lately for personal reasons... Oh well-

Anyway, I eat oatmeal every weekday morning, love it, not sure it would go well in cold smoothies tho? My fave are frozen berries, banana, soy milk, a couple ice cubes, and nutiva hemp powder-

Vegan bodybuilding is what we live for, everything else can wait until after lifting and post workout meal.

Perhaps this best sums us up! When I finally get around to working on the main website, I'll throw this quote up there somewhere

Well put my man!

That is the mentality I've had to have for the past 5 years to get this thing off the ground. We're finally making noise all over the place!

Ok, back to the smoothies

well i've fallen away from that mentality a bit. I'm trying to get myself to believe there are probably some things I should put a head of a workout. I'm not a firm believer in that yet though, don't know if I ever can be. I definitely am trying to be flexible and if I need to I can delay a workout, especially if I need to eat.

Ah you guys are so inspiring, but I fear my food routine is suffering a bit lately for personal reasons... Oh well-

Anyway, I eat oatmeal every weekday morning, love it, not sure it would go well in cold smoothies tho? My fave are frozen berries, banana, soy milk, a couple ice cubes, and nutiva hemp powder-

For me oats act a bit as a money saver in smoothies...if you need the creaminess of soymilk but want to save your soymilk for something else...add some oats

For me oats act a bit as a money saver in smoothies...if you need the creaminess of soymilk but want to save your soymilk for something else...add some oats

I have no idea what you're talking about 'cos oats make a smoothie gritty and not smooth

Oats are fine in a shake, but keep in mind that Jonathan uses about 100g for his

I have no idea what you're talking about 'cos oats make a smoothie gritty and not smooth

Oats are fine in a shake, but keep in mind that Jonathan uses about 100g for his

I think Oats are fine too, I was just taken back the first time I read that he puts them in. I can't imagine oats adding to creaminess, unless you compromised and used half oats and half soymilk.

Joel if she's messing with your food and lifting cut the line! Vegan bodybuilding is what we live for, everything else can wait until after lifting and post workout meal.

LOL, I am doing better- havent missed a workout yet- Well, just one, today, but I will make it up tomorrrow!