It's cold at night, my daughter's asleep, I'm bored - HELP

veganmadre

So, thinking tonight might be a decent night for Michael and I to relax, eat some popcorn and rent a movie. I'm not usually patient enough to finish a movie but I dunno - after 8p, we home for Eva's sake.

Anyone have any movie suggestions? Something odd, or comedic, or nerdy...

Edited by veganmadre

I seriously doubt you'll finish the movie...I've seen you watch a movie before and it seems as if you've never been able to finish one. This is a lot to say too since I only have the best of movies to pick from...as you know

I seriously doubt you'll finish the movie...I've seen you watch a movie before and it seems as if you've never been able to finish one. This is a lot to say too since I only have the best of movies to pick from...as you know

That's a very productive comment and all...

OK, so maybe I should rephrase the question - anyone know of a movie that is really great in the first 30 minutes and gets progressively worse so much so that if I did actually make it to the end I'd ask myself "why did I watch this whole movie?" That way, I won't feel bad when I don't make it past the first few scenes...

Thanks for the recommendations. I didn't watch a movie last night - instead, I did some cleaning, drank some beer (Red Hook Blonde and Red Hook Late Harvest), played online, acted silly, fake kung fu fought Michael, made whole wheat crepes (first attempt - not so great) filled with scrambled tofu and topped with nutritional yeast sauce (veggies on the side), talked with Michael about leaving our work-a-day jobs, and daydreamed as Michael strummed the guitar. Perfect night.

Tonight will be a deep-cleaning night and tomorrow we have a babysitter and we're going out with friends to D's (a little hole in the wall with veggie dogs, fries and a massive selection of microbrews). This weekend should be a girlie-filled family fun fest. Hmmm. I like my life.

Will Sea Siren- funny that you mentioned Office Space - I was perusing movies here at work and that was one I was going to suggest to Michael...it will only be a matter of time...

Collegiate Brian - i do really like "life is beautiful" - that's a movie I can actually say I saw in the theatre...I'll have to look into the others you recommended - quite a variety. Saw! Eeek. I was told that I wouldn't enjoy those movies but that person didn't really know me anyway...

Richard - Spiderman is cute and nerdy. Saw the movie but wouldn't mind seeing it again. He's my kind of dude - the vulnerable, superhero, nerd who happens to be veg in real life. Given that I never watch movies or tv, though, I should probably pick a new one.

Lelle - Thanks! I hadn't even heard of that movie.

The only movies I have sat through in the past 12 months are: O Brother Where Art Thou; Sideways; and shoot, there was one more but, I don't remember.

Its not that Daywalker has patience its that his tastes are better than ours...I have Last Action Hero just because it belongs in my collection. Its too good of a movie for me but only Daywalker is intelectual enough for it.

I don't think I've heard of anyone collecting movies that way.

So you'll probably catalogue them by lead actor?

My brother is into collecting movies as well. He has a mini library started already all alphabetized

Mine are surely gonna be done by actor/actress...I've got a mini Milla Jovavich collection also. Same with Zhang Zhiyi...I'd like to get a bunch of Richard Pryor movies and maybe start and Eddie Murphy Collection starting with his first and ending with Boomerang(I think thats the last good movie he made...after he was caught with that Transexual Prostitute his movies got really lousy)

There would be a limit but that won't come until he finally makes a bad movie...it seems each one gets better and better...have you seen his most recent...Around the World in 80 Days(remake from Disney). He plays a Turkish Prince and I must say it was an Oscar Winner Performance even though he was in the movie for maybe 5-6 minutes

There would be a limit but that won't come until he finally makes a bad movie...it seems each one gets better and better...have you seen his most recent...Around the World in 80 Days(remake from Disney). He plays a Turkish Prince and I must say it was an Oscar Winner Performance even though he was in the movie for maybe 5-6 minutes

Well, at least he's good at something! He SUCKS as governor!

And, btw, I didn't nod off during your movie once! I just talked all the way through it!