Coffee

suz

I just gave it up for good and had to share. This has been my biggest battle yet and I've finally conquered it. I think with giving up coffee I'm now the closest to raw I've ever been.

Not sure what to do with my fancy espresso machine now...

How on earth did so many of you avoid the coffee addiction?

Simple, I avoid things that taste like raw sewage.

Come now, that hurts my feelings. Coffee is my friend.

Didn't you just say last night that you drink lots of coffee during the week, but once you have some time off you hit the fruits & veggies & love them? I never saw you touch a cup while I was at your house either, now that I think about it.

Didn't you just say last night that you drink lots of coffee during the week, but once you have some time off you hit the fruits & veggies & love them? I never saw you touch a cup while I was at your house either, now that I think about it.

Yeah, it's true. I did drink a lot this weekend, but mostly because of stress about the upcoming work week. Work sucks! It really gets in the way of living and eating right. I've got to find a better way to support myself.

Yeah, it's true. I did drink a lot this weekend, but mostly because of stress about the upcoming work week. Work sucks! It really gets in the way of living and eating right. I've got to find a better way to support myself.

That farm you mentioned? This is getting a bit off topic though.

Me too! Coffee has never tasted or even smelled good to me.

Ever gotten a gorgeous piece of chocolate pie or other chocolate-oriented dessert, take your first really big bite of it, and then SURPRISE! Someone has slipped some coffee into it? They claim that (a) it makes it taste better and that (b) you can barely taste the coffee. Blech!

I avoided coffee specifically, but not caffeine. And I haven't completely gotten over the temptation of diet coke... yet.

I avoided coffee specifically, but not caffeine. And I haven't completely gotten over the temptation of diet coke... yet.

I'm still on coffee, but, I did just officially kick the diet coke addiction about 3 or 4 months ago. Cut out all artificial sweetener. It's hard. I still would like to drink diet coke if it weren't for it being a toxic substance reintroduced to my body that I've worked so hard to detox over the past few months. It's doable, Michelle, but, it really is a detox and a drug. I never had any visible "aspartame" symptoms but I did go through some severe withdrawal - even while keeping a moderate caffeine intake. I believe it was aspartame, not caffeine, that I was withdrawing from...

I believe it was aspartame, not caffeine, that I was withdrawing from...

Now that you mention it, that may be the case for me, as well. The caffeine in chocolate doesn't have the same effect for me either. Plus, I started craving diet coke the day after I had some Fresca (which contains aspartame, but no caffeine) with dinner at a restaurant.

I too am getting off of the caffeine addiction. I dearly love coffee and diet coke. I stopped the diet cokes (sodas) and I am down to just 1/2 cup of coffee a day. I do a cup of decaf after dinner. I plan to cut it all out soon. I am getting more serious about my diet and I am now mostly raw, about 75%. I have awful sinus problems and though I have been eating vegetarian with a little dairy, I have knocked that off.

I plan to start juicing again too. I hope my sinus problems will now clear up because they give me horrible headaches. Couple that with the caffeine withdrawal headaches and aarrghhh!!

Aspartame is really bad stuff. Thankfully I never really did the diet coke thing.

I too am getting off of the caffeine addiction. I dearly love coffee and diet coke.

My caffeine withdrawal headaches weren't too bad at all compared to the headaches I got when I first went vegan. Good luck with kicking the habit, belleadonna!!