Gorilla since completing degree

cool

- to me it's very easy to buy only fruit - the other stuff doesn't register as something I want to put in my body

- that's what I meant when I said I don't have to think about it

- obviously you must think about the science behind it, and it does take a certain amount of planning ahead

- my diet was already very high in fruit so I didn't experience any drastic detox process

- I would recommend taking things gradually, steadily increasing the amount of fruit you consume, finding the combinations and quantities that work for you

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bodyweight and DB exercises today, full body - DB squats, shoulder presses, press-ups, really strict form, feeling good.

Just enjoying getting back into eating as often as I need, without exams getting in the way - I did my best to get in enough food during the exams but with two 3-hour sessions some days it was a challenge.

Have been eating a wide range of fruits - watermelon is back in season and I'm loving it.

It's going to be a legendary summer.

I've lost a little bit of mass, lost a lot of water weight - my whole body, skin tone has changed - I feel extremely different to two months ago. I even feel different to last summer when I was on 100% fruit - stronger, and more focused - probably because last summer I was in Paris and rushing around on the subway every day and walking to different buildings for my language classes.

Here are some photos - my core is still strong - not totally ripped, as I've been consuming large quantities in single sittings, but I'll be able to divide my calories up into several meals now.

Anyway, just a few shots I took just now, just with webcam, but I'm going to be deadlifting, bench pressing, and BB squatting this week, and next week I'm going to be leaving college and going back home, where I'll be training with my cousin, and we'll take some good quality photos.

The strength is what I train for - the aesthetics are really a bonus. I actually have mixed feelings about photos in general. But anyway, here are these shots:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8307/picture16iv6.th.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2816/picture89dl6.th.jpg

So there you go. Proving, like Bigbwii that raw fruit is the way to go. Truly rejuvenating. When I was still on cooked food my face was puffed up, sinuses swollen - not as bad as when I still had dairy in my diet but still not as good as on 100% fruit.

Speaking of abs, Eric Carlson was vegan but he's putting whey protein in his shakes now. I reckon he could get the same results without the whey and any other supplements but still he's pretty cool:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5044818

Peace out. I am chilled - resting heart rate lower than when I was on cooked food too.

Edited by Gorilla

Sounds good dude

Isn't it wonderful here in Europe now that we get our own produce instead of it coming from South Africa, India, Chile and other places far, far away (well, except for the tropical fruits). One can really feel the difference! And you know it's summer when the peaches and watermelons arrives from Spain

My diet is much like yours right now Gorilla, just eating a ton of different types of fruit, but do sprouts count as "fruit"? I thought the definition was anything that doesn't kill the plant. That's the case with sprouts of beans...

My diet is much like yours right now Gorilla, just eating a ton of different types of fruit, but do sprouts count as "fruit"? I thought the definition was anything that doesn't kill the plant. That's the case with sprouts of beans...

Beans count, but I don't think he's eating sprouts.

In Natural Hygiene a small amount of sprouts is accepted but raw fruits should be the biggest part of the diet. Maybe just try to eat some raw beans and then decide for yourself if they should be part of your diet...

Edited by flanders77

• 1 month later...

These pages contain some of the most useful information if you are interested in transitioning:

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/enzymes.html

Enzymes and Longevity

In an exclusive interview, food enzyme researcher Dr. Edward Howell tells why he believes:

"Enzymes may be the key factor in preventing chronic disease and extending the human lifespan."

Dr. Edward Howell was born in Chicago in 1898. He is the holder of a limited medical license from the State of Illinois.

The holder of a limited practice license is required to pass the same medical examination as a medical doctor. Only surgery, obstetrics and materia medica are excluded.

After obtaining his license, Dr. Howell joined the professional staff of the Lindlahr Sanitorium, where he remained for six years. In 1930, he established a private facility for the treatment of chronic ailments by nutritional and physical methods.

Until he retired in 1970, Dr. Howell was busy in private practice three days each week. The balance of his time he devoted to various kinds of research.

Dr. Howell is the first researcher to recognize the importance of the enzymes in food to human nutrition. In 1946, he wrote the book, "The Status of Food Enzymes in Digestion and Metabolism." Dr. Howell's forthcoming book is entitled, "Enzyme Diet."

This book contains the reference and source materials for the enzyme theories which Dr. Howell has collectively called, "The Food Enzyme Concept." The manuscript for "Enzyme Diet" reviews the scientific literature through 1973. 1t is approximately 160,000 words long and contains 47 tables and 695 references to the world's scientific literature.

In this interview, Dr. Howell tells: What enzymes are, what they do in our bodies, why he believes a state of enzyme deficiency stress exists in most people, and finally, what he believes you can do about it.

"Neither vitamins, minerals or hormones can do any work -- without enzymes."

HDN: What are enzymes?

HOWELL: Enzymes are substances which make life possible. They are needed for every chemical reaction in that occurs in our body. Without enzymes, no activity at all would take place. Neither vitamins, minerals, or hormones can do any work -- without enzymes.

Think of it this way: Enzymes are the "labor force" that builds your body just like construction workers are the labor force that builds your house. You may have all the necessary building materials and lumber, but to build a house you need workers, which represent the vital life element.

Similarly, you may have all the nutrients -- vitamins, proteins, minerals, etc., for your body, but you still need the enzymes -- the life element -- to keep the body alive and well.

Edited by Gorilla