Another Kraut

Jens

Hi,

My name is Jens and I’m 28 years old. I live in Wolfsburg, Germany.

I became vegetarian in 1995 and vegan and in 2005. I know there’s a big gap but me being vegetarian had nothing to do with animal rights, I just didn’t like the taste of meat of any kind.

The veganism and animal rights stuff grow on me all these years and even though I hade become lazy and ate meat from time to time before I became vegan, I just could stand the taste and the knowledge of what it came from and all the oppression and suffering that was put in this trivial thing I called food. So I did the right thing!

Since I became vegan I started to take care of my health and thereby my body. I started lifting weights and after a few month I even saw the results. In the meantime I generated a well looking, muscular body. At least people say so!

Welcome Jens!

We have lots and lots of members from Germany, only 2nd in numbers to our members from the US.

It is great to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you more.

There are probably other members in your area and we often have meet-ups and gatherings, including in Germany so it's an opportunity to network with people in your own community.

Thanks for finding us and enjoy the forum! Welcome aboard!

Welcome Jens!

We not only have a beautiful member from Celle but also german members in Muenster (Thats me ), Berlin, Nuernberg, Muenchen, Frankfurt, Recklinghausen etc.

I am glad you found us! Enjoy this awesome community and do not hesitate to pm me or just give me a call: 0163/6663602

Welcome Jens!

We not only have a beautiful member from Celle but also german members in Muenster (Thats me ), Berlin, Nuernberg, Muenchen, Frankfurt, Recklinghausen etc.

I don´t believe it! Awsome man!!

What is it like? Beeing a vegan in Celle?

Oh it's quite ok. We have a huge wholefood shop here and a falafel man, a great italian restaurant, an ice cream parlor with 8 different sorts of vegan fruit ice cream...

A good friend of mine who is living in the county is vegan straight edge too. We are cooking together sometimes. And theres another vegan girl I sometimes go to demos or other animal right activities with. She's the one next to me on the human meat pictures (on the left).

And Hanover is very close. And theres the animal right group, the best falafel man ever, a vegetarian restaurant, many coffee bars offering soy milk, the Muffinmann with lots of different sorts of vegan muffins.... and there I also know some vegan and vegetarian people.

So I think Celle is really ok for vegans. It could be more worse!

And what about Wolfsburg?

@flanders: I love your mobile number... it's so simple!

I can't keep my own number in my mind but this...