robert

Here is a rough Vegan Vacation Itinerary:

Forum-members only part of Vegan Vacation

Saturday July 28th-Wednesday August 1st

Hanging out at the Vacation Home on the Beach

Vegan Vacation in Portland open to Public and forum members

Wednesday, August 1st

Opening Dinner

At a church or park (large gathering space) hopefully catered by Blossoming Lotus

7PM-9:30PM

Thursday, August 2nd

Tour of the Portland's Vegan Hotspots and other sights hosted by local vegan tourguide (loveliberate), will include a stop for lunch and snacks.

12PM-4PM

Friday, August 3rd

Hike and picnic in Forest Park (one of the largest city parks in the United States)

11AM-3PM

Movie Night and late night snacks

7PM-11PM

Saturday, August 4th

Group exercise in the morning (time is TBA)

A visit to an Animal Sanctuary in Portland or Salem

3 or 4-hour trip (time is TBA)

Sunday, August 5th

Speaking Presentation by Robert Cheeke "Thrive on a Plant-based diet. Whole-Food Nourishment for Whole-Body Health"

Chef Demo Presentation by a well-known and accomplished local chef (TBA)

Time is TBA

Group sports day (basketball and soccer)

Time is TBA

Monday, August 6th

Farewell Dinner and Silent Auction

Evening time TBA

I wanted to leave lots of "down time" for people to explore around Portland. I did my best to just have 1 big event each day so we could all feel like we're on vacation and do our own thing, but still all meet up at least once per day.

We'll have an incredible time to bond and get to know each other at the Beach House for 4 nights! Then we'll come to Portland and open up our Vegan Vacation to the public, as we did last year.

Any suggestions?

It is 1AM and I'm tired so I'll add more details later. But now, I must sleep.

Keep in mind, if you don't see something on here that you want to do.....it is because I created a lot of down time so you could go and do that thing or those things you wanted to do. You can still go to the velodrome, or to Mt. Hood, or to Eugene or Seattle, or to certain restaurants, etc. I just didn't want the schedule to be too "busy"

Thanks!

i would personally like to see more events on here, because i really don't need much time to explore portland, and there are couple other pdxers that probably feel the same way.

also if you did want to have more events, attendance isn't necessary, people could choose to opt out of certain activities to make time for personal exploration. then they wouldn't be missing anything major from the current itinerary, but it would also give localers, and those not interested in exploring some more group time.

and everyone knows group time = fun time.

We were thinking forum members will be volunteering to do things around the city themselves. Things like going out to eat a few extra times, going out for movies, hikes etc. Plus there is me. I plan on riding every morning and everyone that has a road bike is welcome.

I'd like to see us all take a trip to Oaks Park, go rollar skating, bowling etc. I hope that if folks plan to go out to eat and do other activities, that it will be posted here so people can attend, and be busy, if they want too!

Thanks for getting the schedule going Robert!

I'd like to get the tour started a bit earlier, say 10am or so, and probably also extend it by an hour or 2. My thought is to take the bus & walk, starting in SE Portland - then crossing over the river to downtown & perhaps ending up at Proper Eats out in St. Johns. I'll be showing folks all the vegan stores & dining options + as many of the very-vegan friendly spots as time permits.

Please let me know if there is anywhere specific you definitely want to see. I love to show folks around & am glad to show folks around the city at other times besides just the tour.

I'm also still very into the idea of camping &/or going to the hot springs with VV folks + maybe a (day?) trip to Seattle or some other cool place around Cascadia!

Thanks everyone. It's rough right now but it is a "vacation" so we'll have plenty of time to do all kinds of things. I'll add more to this soon. We have a group of organizers but we can't always all get together because of our own schedules so some things may just randomly appear and I'll get feedback after I post things.

Thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc. We'll get a solid itinerary soon.

I am going to keep posting like a bastard until Robert helps make it happen but I can set up a comedy show, even have robert participate if you guys choose a restaurant/place that would be friendly to it I can talk with the managers/owners and set it up. I even have a vegan comedian friend that can be in it probably.

The vegan pirates restaurant in st john's area might be cool i think they have music groups playing there often.

-Dylan

I am going to keep posting like a bastard until Robert helps make it happen but I can set up a comedy show, even have robert participate if you guys choose a restaurant/place that would be friendly to it I can talk with the managers/owners and set it up. I even have a vegan comedian friend that can be in it probably.

The vegan pirates restaurant in st john's area might be cool i think they have music groups playing there often.

-Dylan

Hey man, I was thinking the same thing before you called me tonight. I know it isn't a #1 choice for a lot of members here for vegan places in town, but it has what we're looking for:

A stage

A microphone and speakers

Open Late

Large seating

Vegan food and drinks

I'll ask some people what they think, but so far I'm leaning towards doing a comedy night on Friday night August 3rd at Pirate's Tavern.

We'll try to piece it together and of course we need to ask the owner if it is even a possibility.

Thanks for all your enthusiasm and ideas. I like a lot of your other ideas too. So let's see you out at more events this year!!!

VBBF and Comedy knockout present:

Walk the Plank comedy

For all of you participating in vegan vacation.

Wednesday Aug. 2nd at 100% vegan, and pirate themed restaurant Pirates Tavern.

Flyer and more info to come. Its going to be amazing!

-Dylan

VBBF and Comedy knockout present:

Walk the Plank comedy

For all of you participating in vegan vacation.

Wednesday Aug. 2nd at 100% vegan, and pirate themed restaurant Pirates Tavern.

Flyer and more info to come. Its going to be amazing!

-Dylan

Sweet!

The only thing better than a pirate is a funny pirate. ARRR!