Flanders VV2007 blog!

flanders77

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After waking up early (at least most of us) and cleaning the house Michelle and I are back in Portland in XDarthVeganX's flat (which is a verz nice place butaway). We are aeting a really huge watermelon and waiting for slowdriving ThinThin to pick us up.

I will attend my first potluck tonight and I am especially loooking forward towards meeting Jeff's family!

We really have a great time!

Do you think you could get something like this together in Muenster. Its a lot more fun to host one than go to one in my opinion but I love all of it.

Lotus: Thank you for the great conversation we had today. It is so good to see how you raise your kids and that there are more parents raising their kids just like Anke and I do.

!

Kristy and I don't have kids to raise yet, but talking to Lotus and LL about how they do it, and hanging with their kids, was definitely one of the highlights of VV 06.

Everyone above me in this thread is riding a bike of some kind

Flanders........thank you so much for your visit out to Portland. Thanks for all your help, your leadership, your jokes, and everything you did that made this event a great time for everyone.

We look forward to hearing from you when you arrive at home. Your family will be really excited to see you.

Safe travels my friend.

@All my new friends: I had one of the greatest times of my life staying with you in Portland! As I have told you before the only thing that really made me sad was that I was missing my family very much. And of course that I will not see most of you for quit long time!

@VP and DV: I will definitely try organize a vegan potluck! I am very sorry that I missed the raw potluck in the raw house!

@VP: I miss you, too!

@Zack: And I love you. All of you!

@Rob: Thank you again for making the VV possible and organizing everything! I have never seen a person being as busy (and sometimes distressed) as you have been during the last days... It is amazing that you were still able to stay in a good mood!

It was a pleasure for me to help you at least a little bit!

@Jessifly: Thank you so much for these words. They mean a lot to me!

Some Info about what I did after I left Roberts house at 6.45 a.m. Sunday morning:

The nice lady from NW Airlines informed me that both flights I was supposed to take were cancelled. After some more serious words she was so kind to change my schedule again. I started at 8 a.m. to Seattle. From there I took a plane directly to Amsterdam (A330 is very cool especially the video-on-demand-system). From Amsterdam to Duesseldorf it is only an one hour flight... Because of that new schedule I was even earlier in Germany. At 1 p.m. I was in our flat (which was empty because Anke and Marla are on vacation for 2 more days). First thing was a 2-hour-nap. Afterwards I bought food (Watermelon) and then drove to my parents-in-laws to help them with the hay they made today.

Before lifting the 190 hay bales I had some time to pick some plums and greengages:

Greengage-tree:

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/VBB/VV2007/Bild057.jpg

Greengages:

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/VBB/VV2007/Bild058.jpg

Maybe this will last until tomorrow...

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/VBB/VV2007/Bild060.jpg

This is where my father-in-law took in the hay:

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/VBB/VV2007/Bild068.jpg

This is where I had to lift the hay up:

http://two.fsphost.com/flanders/VBB/VV2007/Bild072.jpg

Yay for ReTox!

Hey man, we've talked about you a lot since you left. We love you man! You really inspired a lot of people and motivated myself and others.

I personally really miss you and would love to visit sometime in the future. All the best my friend. We'll be in touch!

Right now I try my best to retox myself by eating lots of fresh fruit. I know it's addictive – but I really don't know what to do about it.

Don't give in. You are still fairly young and don't have to become completely hooked on raw food. There will always be cooked food to fall back on.

It was great to talk to you too Flanders. I am glad to have met you. There are not enough parents and kids around in Vegan Portland and it is always nice to meet vegan parents/kids from anywhere.

I would love to meet the rest of your family sometime, I am sure they are really great.

Thanks for making the trek to Portland and being a part of Vegan Vacation '07!

Hi Flanders:

Well, I can't really totally say I miss you because it seems you're still around to me. So far you have popped into 3 of my dreams! In one you were talking about how good something tasted, in another you were looking at my small messy garden while standing on top of my water hose container and on another you just seemed to pop in. So I feel like you're still around (just on a different consciousness level).

You truly are a kindred spirit. I truly am very happy to have met you and to be your friend.

You are always welcome to visit in my dreams.

@RawBird: I hope you will visit Europe some day soon! After the vacation the relationships to the other forum-members have become much stronger. It makes me really happy that other persons say I am inspiring and motivating. I love to help other persons developing theirselves. We will definitely stay in touch!

@Ed: I am glad I met you, too!

@flameska: Sorry for making a little bit fun of you. It was really great to have you around!

@Geoff: I missed saying good bye, too. Sorry for that. The trip was long but the A330 had video-on-demand and more legroom than the plane I took on the way to Portland.

@I am already hooked to rawfood but I am really trying hard to force some non-toxic and non-addictive cooked food into me.

@I am really sorry that we did not get the chance to talk to eachother. I hope we can catch up on this someday soon!

@Lotus: you are right: They are really great! I enjoyed the VV so much. Thank you for doing so much. Such an event really needs persons like you adn loveliberate that really care and make things happen. You are both doing a great job raising your kids the way you do!

@Ana: Being part of your dreams feels really good. I am thankful that I obviously had some influence and will try my best to make it a good one.

@Zack: I hope you really manage to visit Europe (and Germany) soon! It would be lots of fun!