some words about me

VeggaMuscle

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site I am a 34 y.o guy from Spain. I am 170 cms tall, and 66 kg. I have being vegetarian for the last 5 years. Here in Spain this is not a easy task; we are a mediterranean country but there´s always meat in every dish

I am very grateful for the work you are doing here helping the vegetarian in this sport. There´s no help in any spanish forums, in fact here they think it´s impossible to do some fitness or develop some mass being vegetarian.

I have being traning for a year, but I was moving and I was out of my gym for almost 5 month. Today I am back to my new gym ... And I decided to start from zero. I hope to get some help from you on diet and routines

Thanks pals

Welcome new friend!

Thanks for joining our forum. I know some places can be harder than others to find meals that are all plant-based.

I hope your return to training is great! A few of us speak a little Spanish here and some may speak Spanish fluently. Maybe other members from Spain will join too

Have fun here on the forum. All the best and welcome aboard!

Hola y Bienvenidos Vegga!

How did you discover our forum? We have many people here who are from northern Europa including Sweden, Germany, the UK & the Netherlands but sadly only a few folks from the south including Greece, Italy, France & maybe one person from Portugal. As for native spanish speakers, I only know of one forum member from Mexico but he has not been posting here recently.

So please tell folks about us - if we get enough spanish speakers, I am sure that we could start a foro solo en espanol aqui. We may already be at that point for german speakers!

I would love to visit Espana some day! I would particularly like to visit smaller towns and farming areas as well as natural areas mountains, forests, etc. Any suggestions or favorite places? Also, have you seen this:

http://happycow.net/europe/spain/madrid/index.html

Edited by loveliberate

Welcome VeggaMuscle!

Since a big amount of the vegetables and fruits we can buy in Germany are from Spain I really wonder what is so hard about being vegetarian (or vegan). Maybe there is no produce for the spanish people because the Germans eat it...

Before I went high raw I loved the antipasti-things from Spain and Italy!

One thing I also have to mention: Vegetarian members usually show a strong tendency towards veganism after a short time aboard Be aware of this...

Thanks everyone for your words

loveliberate :

I found this site surfing the net looking for info about fitness and veganism. Easy . I being checking and on this site I found some other Europeans members, but not from Spain, I think I am the only one. But I am telling all my friends about the site

I would recommend you all of you to visit Spain, it nice here, and excepting bullfighting, there are many things to see

I checked that link, it´s full of good vegetarian restaurants. Artemisa is the best for me

flanders77, gkleinman:

As I told it´s hard to be veggan here, but I need to clarify somthing: I meant when you are not at home. Having meal out of home, or going for Tapas, very tipical here. We cosider ourselves "the vegetable patch of Europe". Here you can find states only dedicated to agriculture, and sowing whatever you want. It´s easy to find in whole Europe the markets full of our fruits and vegetables .....

Again thanks all of you for welcoming me (Jessifly ,the Asocial Ape ,markc7 ,RawSteve ,robert .....)

Welcome aboard VeggaMuscle! I'm new to this forum too. I'm from Greece and i think the only member from Greece just like you. I totally understand you when you say about the difficulty of being a vegan there cause the same applies to Greece too. Yes, we got an abundance of fruits and veggies and they're quite cheap. But the tradition, attitude and lifestyle of mediteranean people is so deeply interweaved with meat eating that people here don't even know what vegan means. They look at you as if you're some kind of an alien from another planet! FOrtunately, there has been recently introduced a vegan-vegetarian forum in Greece and there are movements of forming a club so that we can get in touch across Greece.

By the way, you're all welcome to Greece too. Hopefully, next summer there will be a camping event for vegetarians and vegans. I'd be more than happy to meet one of you there

I would LOVE to see more members from Greece, Spain, and other places. It is so cool to have other members nearby and be able to hang out and things like that. I often promote the website and forum on a global level, so I'll look for more people from both of your countries.

Great to have you both here!

Welcome. I traveled in Spain a few years back and I'm amazed that anyone can keep vegan in that country. However the produce I had in Barcelona was amazing. OJ and Strawberries galore!

I was in Spain last year for 2 weeks or so.

Amazing Falafel Salad shops all over Barcelona. Great cheap food.. unlimited salad.. I was veggie through it the whole time.

I had some produce there.. not a lot but it seemed good from what I can remember.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site I am a 34 y.o guy from Spain. I am 170 cms tall, and 66 kg. I have being vegetarian for the last 5 years. Here in Spain this is not a easy task; we are a mediterranean country but there´s always meat in every dish

I am very grateful for the work you are doing here helping the vegetarian in this sport. There´s no help in any spanish forums, in fact here they think it´s impossible to do some fitness or develop some mass being vegetarian.

I have being traning for a year, but I was moving and I was out of my gym for almost 5 month. Today I am back to my new gym ... And I decided to start from zero. I hope to get some help from you on diet and routines

Thanks pals

I'll say hello to you next time I am in Madrid.

Veganism has only become fairly common in the United States over the past 10 years or so and that even now most people in this country have no idea what vegan means and are VERY meat centered in their diets. Even many folks who are familiar with the word vegan do not fully understand the concept...

But things are changing and getting better quickly here. I'm sure that Greece, Spain and the rest of the world will see the same positive changes too!

Welcome. What kinds of things were you wanting to accomplish at the gym?

Well.. I would like to develope some lean muscle ( I am 66kg, I would like 70 kg of lean muscle).. I think I should bulk a little. That´s my short time goal , and I wanna get it being vegetarian. Of course, staying healthy and in shape. On this site we have example to follow.

I am surfing this and other site looking for a good training program; I dont trust so much in my new gym´s trainer...

Any advice?

Welcome aboard VeggaMuscle! I'm new to this forum too. I'm from Greece and i think the only member from Greece just like you. I totally understand you when you say about the difficulty of being a vegan there cause the same applies to Greece too. Yes, we got an abundance of fruits and veggies and they're quite cheap. But the tradition, attitude and lifestyle of mediteranean people is so deeply interweaved with meat eating that people here don't even know what vegan means. They look at you as if you're some kind of an alien from another planet! FOrtunately, there has been recently introduced a vegan-vegetarian forum in Greece and there are movements of forming a club so that we can get in touch across Greece.

By the way, you're all welcome to Greece too. Hopefully, next summer there will be a camping event for vegetarians and vegans. I'd be more than happy to meet one of you there

Hello, my Greek friend Yeah I heard that about Greece and and being vegetarian, what to say about being vegan.

I would be nice to visit Greece, I havent been there yet

And Robert, I hope this site starts to get full of Greeks and Spaniards with such a promotion

Hello, my Greek friend Yeah I heard that about Greece and and being vegetarian, what to say about being vegan.

I would be nice to visit Greece, I havent been there yet

And Robert, I hope this site starts to get full of Greeks and Spaniards with such a promotion

Hmm... are we thinking a European / Mediterranean Vegan Vacation ?