Hello everyone

skittles888

I have been eating mostly fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains for the past year or so. I was completely vegan for a few months after reading Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live. However, I have been slowly slipping back into my old habits during the past month (I think due to an increased appetite from weight lifting). My current daily intake looks something like this...

6am (After Workout): 1 scoop whey protein, 1/2 cup rice dream, strawberies, 1 cup spinach, ice; banana

9am: Shredded wheat whole grain cereal or 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ cinnamon, stevia, and 1/2 cup rice dream; 1 scrambled egg; 1 grapefruit w/ stevia

12pm: Pita bread filled w/ hummus, romaine lettuce, deli sliced turkey, turkey bacon; piece of fruit

3pm: Salad (romaine) w/ tuna and some kind of Newman's dressing (usually balsamic); piece of fruit

6pm: Blue corn chips (corn, oil, salt) w/ salsa and guacemole (1/2 cup of both)

9pm: Some kind of sweets (Pringles vanilla sticks just recently)

I am really looking to decrease my animal consumption while, at the same time, increase my vegetable consumption. I have just felt really lazy lately (quite the opposite with my workouts, though) and really uninspired when it comes to preparing vegetable dishes in tasty ways.

Also, I am really unsure on what supplements I need to take. I know Vitamin B-12 (if I am not eating meat) and a good multi vitamin (I have not found one).

Thanks in advance, everyone!

You really don't need a multi at all. You should take B12 though...the best way is a sublingual dropper.

As for the dairy and eggs just drop them and eat more. What vegan things are you cooking that take so much more time than making non vegan stuff???

Has anyone else done this and had positive results?

Yes. I went vegan shortly after a water fast of 8 days. It worked to change my taste buds. That and I was just hungry, but I did appreciate the taste, and was never able to before... Really though it's just something you have to want to do, and by then I wanted to do it. Just make sure you're getting some protein and b12 then just replace the calories from the meat/eggs/whey with vegetable sources...

Welcome!!

Thanks guys! I was actually thinking about going on a juice diet for a few days. I have read that this makes it easier to switch over to healthy foods when the juicing is over. Has anyone else done this and had positive results?

I've done this, and it definitely made it easier for me to switch to healthy food.

hi there! welcome! i dumped the animal protien all at once. that was personally the easiest thing for me. the thought of going back makes me sick. i found dr.fuhrman's eat to live very inspiring. have you thought about getting back on his plan just to get back on track? i really like his recipes b/c they are so easy and they taste great! the thrive diet and student's go vegan cookbook have some great recipes in them too. i'm not a student, but i like the book b/c the recipes are simpe and inexpensive. always a bonus! good luck w/ everthing!

• 5 weeks later...