How many pull ups can you guys do?

What is your weight and your pull up amount. Right now i'm extremely weak and can only do 5 weighing 205. I'm talking real pull ups not the ones that 95 percent of people do. All the way down arms fully extended and then chin over the bar. my goal some day is over 100 in a row.

I used to be able to do 10, right now I think I can only do 5 also, I am in the process of building up again by doing small sets of 2 or 3, aiming for a high total per day. I don't know what I weigh, or what I used to weigh, I don't weigh myself. 100 in a row would be madness! Hahr! It's a good target. Right now my target is 10 again, I want to be in the same shape I was in 3 years ago.

I can do 7 or 8 right now. I've never been motivated to do them though because I dated a girl that could do over 100 when she was 13....very very humbling since I couldn't do half of one then.

I definitely feel that way now. I have a friend who is and amazing track cyclist. She's much faster than I am in short events and it really makes me want to work hard(luckily I'd kick her butt in a long race). Anyhow I look up to her since she started cycling relatively late in life like myself.

Personal Bests for me are:

15 (supinated shoulder width grip)

12 (pronated medium shoulder width grip)

That was a couple years ago when I weighed around 180lbs.

Now I weigh 210lbs and I can only do about 10 no matter what grip I use. My lats are easily the best developed part of my body right now, so I'm not that motivated to push myself as hard as I do with other excercises.

-Chris

I weigh about 158 lbs but probably 6 of those pounds are podge. I started doing chins regularly in August. I last did 9 chins with a 3-second eccentric phase. Then in my next session I started doing them with a backpack. I did 6 with 20 pounds and 4 with 25 pounds. Three-second eccentrics. My elbow was painful the day after my last session so I haven't done any for nearly 3 weeks.

Are people talking about the same thing? What do people mean by chin up and pull up? I typed in "chin up" and "pull up" in youtube, and it gave me many of the same videos for both terms, so people who make those videos consider them to be the same. But for the purposes of clarification and perhaps educating me, what do people mean by these terms?

I never do palm-out, I always do palm-in. What are they called where you hold onto 2 bars, so your palms are facing each other? Is it called a Pull Chin?

Haha, they should be. I believe I have seen those referred to as chins also. I can do about twelve with a semi-wide grip on pull-ups. Last time I maxed on chins it was around twenty.

Just for fun next time you're in the gym, try doing five sets to failure, each with a different grip. Start at the widest possible grip palms forward, then medium grip palms forward, then close grip forward, then the "chin-pull" if you have it, then close grip palms in (chin up).

I did this a couple months ago with minimal rest between sets. I think I did something like 10, 7, 5, 10, 12.