Vegan Mac Danzig has won "The Ultimate Fighter 6"

damdaman

This is great...I watched the preview for the fight but lost track of time and missed it. They basically described the other fighter as the ferocious country boy and Mac as the skilled vegan...it was pretty funny. Anyhow this is great and I can't wait til he gets more and more wins. Hopefully it gets enough publicity that it will become an issue for even venues like ESPN or even a major news network would like to tackle.

I loved Mac when I saw him for the first time on TV a few weeks ago. I know people have talked about him for a very long time but I just had the opportunity to see him a few weeks ago and fell in love with him as a person.

He seems awesome. He even talked about vegan food in the episode and he crushed his opponent and in general, seemed like a down to earth guy.

Great news!

^^thanks for that link!

great fight on saturday nite. you'll notice in the clip above that the commentators mention that Tommy Speer was bigger and stronger than Mac, but Mac still completely dominated his opponent. looking forward to seeing him in future UFC events.

WAR DANZIG! ULTIMATE FIGHTER!

Edited by ronnie kray

there were some other great fights that night as well. Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver vs. Jared "J-Rock" Rollins was a great battle, and the most action packed fight of the night was the main event, Roger Huerta vs. Clay Guida. man, Clay had him the first two rounds, willing to stand and exchange with Huerta and holding his own. even dropped him to the canvas close to the end of the second round. and Clay took him down pretty much at will. but in that last round, i think out of pure desperation, Huerta came out guns blazing, and manage to pull off an amazing come from behind victory. i though for sure this was the night that Huerta was going to lose, he thought differently.

Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver vs. Jared "J-Rock" Rollins(action really picks up with 35 sec left in the first round)

Roger "El Matador" Huerta vs. Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (fight of the night)

I had a feeling Huerta would pull it out, even though he was behind. He weathered the storm, made adjustments (switching guards back and forth), and then went of the offensive. I like Guida, he's an exciting fighter, but I still think Huerta is a notch above.

The J-Rod/War Machine battle - I don't know why more fighters don't use the 'elbow to the top of the head' strike. Those were BRUTAL, even though War Machine eventually won. His head must have been hurting the next day.

Mac has to be considered the most dominant TUF champion yet. He WAY outclassed everyone else on his show. Great stuff!!!

Speer looked really nervous before the fight compared to Mac

I wouldn't be surprised if speers nerves got the best of him, but I mostly think it was Mac's experience over speers which allowed him to get the win so quickly.

Has anyone here been in touch with Mac? It would be great to have him join the forum & to have his profile on the main page!

Hey love,

Yeah, I've been meaning to. I'll drop him a note and send him some stuff and try to get him involved. I'm guessing he's pretty busy as far as having time to drop in too often on the forum but I'm sure he could from time to time if interested, and for sure we want his profile on the main site.

I have dozens of new athletes to add, some famous and well known, others up and coming, it's just a matter of having the time.

Also, thanks to markc7 for posting the link to the fight!

• 4 weeks later...

He definitely is and I love the fact that he's never tight lipped about it. I like the fact that the commentators always mention it as well. It makes sure everyone knows that a vegan is being so dominant amongst non vegans.