Fav 80's Rock Band

Tasha

Guys -

Def L.

J. Geils Band

Gals -

Bangles

Bananarama

I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch out. Like GNR and ACDC and Fleetwood Mac cuz they came out with stuff post 80s I listen to. But seriously - photograph, pour some sugar on me, venus, vacation, best songs ever. Throw in some Fleetwood like Lies, Peacekeeper, Go your own way, Dont stop thinking about tomorrow... get back in black, thunderstruck ... paradise city ... Geeze now I want to go on a run just to hear it all.

Nice thread : )

-Aaron

Def Leopard is awesome

I like the B52s(very vegan) and Talking Heads too(not rock I know)

My top stereotypical hair band would have to be Motley Crew though.

Twisted Sister!

My first show I saw, bought a t-shirt afterward that I wore until it was a hole-filled rag. I LIVED for their music in 5th and 6th grade. Otherwise, Journey was the band that previously had been my big favorite for a long time, until my love for glam metal (which became better metal and punk) took over.

• 1 month later...

YES!!! Finally some love for '80's rock! I'd have to go with the Crue (I wish I knew how to add umlauts), Skid Row, Van Halen/Van Hagar, any solo stuff from Diamond Dave or Sammy Hagar (you can't be in a bad mood listening to David Lee Roth), Journey, GNR, Def Leppard, L.A. Guns ... ... ...

I'm making myself stop before I have to go through my entire cassette collection and show everybody how lame I really am.

By the way, here's a butt rock link:

Who cries for the children? That guy!

Mike

I guess I still live in the 80s... Just not with the blue hair, ear and nose piercing though!! Still have my old skateboard!

Here is my list in no particular order: Black Flag, Dead Kenedys, Motels, Missing Persons, Crue, Poison, Van Halen, Fixx, Depeche Mode, Lionel Richie, Agent Orange, Misfits, Hank Williams Jr., Bangles, Bananarama, Ratt, Tears For Fears, Bowie, Asia, Yes, U2, Gloria Estefan, Waylon Jennings, Tesla, Great White, Bobbie Brown, Mantronix, Run DMC, etc.

Lots more.... I'm pretty eclectic. I can go from Bach straight into Sex Pistols without any brain damage (that I am aware of!!LOL)

Bangles

The lead singer was gorgeous. I saw one of those "where are they now - women or rock" things a few years ago. The members of the Bangles and the women who danced in Stephen Palmers video "addicted to love" were on.

These women were seriously educated. Also very well preserved. I was impressed.