Procore Advance Buckwheat Protein ROCKS

I have a new favorite protein supplement.

http://www.getkemistry.com/products_procore.html

Since I often have to choke down my protein powder with water only, I've never found one that actually tastes good.

This stuff ROCKS with just water and ice.

Their is no grainy texture whatsoever... goes down very smooth. There is no artificial aftertaste and no heavy bloaty feeling after taking it. And it doesen't have that thick gooey texture that gemma has. I love the stats : 106 calories, 1 g fat, 3 carbs 21 grams protein per scoop.

It is my new favorite protein powder for flavor and texture! I'll still stick with Gemma when I blend with fruit, but this is the best one based on taste and texture.

Thank you to Kurt and Robbie for introducing me to it on another thread!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20.63 total grams of amino acid per 30 gram serving.

All of my other figures were for 30 gram servings so I calculated the difference between the 28g serving data from the GetKemistry website and converted it to a 30g serving.

Amino Acid Ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine to Valine

ProCore Buckwheat-Soy--- 2 : 1.49 : 1.22

True Protein Isolate Whey--2 : 1.41 : 1.20

True Protein Gemma Iso----2 : 1.09 : 1.29

Seems to be the closest ratio to that of Whey Isolate that I have analyzed yet. But, the furthest from the ideal 2:1:1. I have no idea whether or not 2:1:1 ratio is beneficial with regards to a protein supplement, only going off of what is claimed by Amino Acid supplements.

None-the-less, fun stuff analyzing new products. Veggieprincess, let us know what you think after about a month of using the ProCore

What is hilarious is how this really is a community and you do get to know people's personalities and where the thread often end's up....

I always break out the pom-poms and megaphone talking about a product as if I'm the first one whose ever discovered it, so everyone should go buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND...

Troy will come in with his graphs and pie charts breaking down the product on a microscopic level.....

Then Potter will come in and tell us that protein and supplements are all a bunch of BS and we shouldn't focus on it because we pooh out all excess protein anyways......

Usually someone will back Potter with something thrown in with some reference to eating raw grass or algae for optimum health and muscle growth.....

Zack with take the middle-ground usually seeing every side of all arguments....

Then Robert will come in and thank us for contributing and being so positive... or that he just got off the phone with the President of Kemistry, with a picture attached shaking hands with Kemistry's founder...

I love our little family... LOL

What is hilarious is how this really is a community and you do get to know people's personalities and where the thread often end's up....

I always break out the pom-poms and megaphone talking about a product as if I'm the first one whose ever discovered it, so everyone should go buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND...

Troy will come in with his graphs and pie charts breaking down the product on a microscopic level and passing....

Then Potter will come in and tell us that protein and supplements are all a bunch of BS and we shouldn't focus on it because we pooh out all excess protein anyways......

Usually someone will back Potter with something thrown in with some reference to eating raw grass or algae for optimum health and muscle growth.....

Then Robert will come in and thank us for contributing and being so positive... or that he just got off the phone with the President of Kemistry, with a picture attached shaking hands with Kemistry's founder...

I love that...nice!

That is a nice compliment of me, thanks!

Troy will come in with his graphs and pie charts breaking down the product on a microscopic level.....

HILARIOUS because its true... killin me...

I'm not in the family!

Yes this is BS I'd like to try it anyway though since it sounds pretty interesting...I'd only try one serving though...then I'd dump the rest in the toilet

20.63 total grams of amino acid per 30 gram serving.

All of my other figures were for 30 gram servings so I calculated the difference between the 28g serving data from the GetKemistry website and converted it to a 30g serving.

Amino Acid Ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine to Valine

ProCore Buckwheat-Soy--- 2 : 1.49 : 1.22

True Protein Isolate Whey--2 : 1.41 : 1.20

True Protein Gemma Iso----2 : 1.09 : 1.29

Seems to be the closest ratio to that of Whey Isolate that I have analyzed yet. But, the furthest from the ideal 2:1:1. I have no idea whether or not 2:1:1 ratio is beneficial with regards to a protein supplement, only going off of what is claimed by Amino Acid supplements.

None-the-less, fun stuff analyzing new products. Veggieprincess, let us know what you think after about a month of using the ProCore

Cool man

Now I have some questions.

Why are you watching for Leucine-Isoleucine-Valine (BCAA)?:?

Shouldn't you watch for Lysine and Methionine because they are essential amino-acids that aren't many in plant food?

I'm going to buy some of these products so I want to know what to look for and why.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/100soy.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/soy.html

http://www.prosport.net/katalog/product.php?cat_id=2&start=42&product_id=1030035517

Cool man

Now I have some questions.

Why are you watching for Leucine-Isoleucine-Valine (BCAA)?:?

Shouldn't you watch for Lysine and Methionine because they are essential amino-acids that aren't many in plant food?

I'm going to buy some of these products so I want to know what to look for and why.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/100soy.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/soy.html

http://www.prosport.net/katalog/product.php?cat_id=2&start=42&product_id=1030035517

I'm paying particular attention to those 3 because a good number of amino acid supplement companies say that this ratio is "proven" as the best for muscle building. I have not taken the time to research any such proven studies, but since everyone seems to claim that as the ideal ratio to build muscle, I'm going with it. So I'm just running the numbers to find a protein supplement (not amino acid supplement) that comes closest to that ratio. There is a lengthy thread that you may enjoy reading here:

Protein powder comparative amino acid analysis

If you'd rather skip the read and know my current opinion on the best protein powder.... its True Protein's Gemma Isolate.... it offers the closest 2:1:1 ratio that I have analyzed. 2nd, it offers just as many amino acids per gram of weight as other "top" proteins. 3rd, by chance, it comes from peas... all the better.

Anyways, I do this for fun, its a good debate, but when it comes down to it, your entire days intake of different proteins (grains, veggies, fruits, beans, etc) contribute to your amino acid pool, so trying to achieve an ideal ratio is virtually impossible. Although if I a took two month vacation and sat an analyzed every food of my diet.... eh... waste of time.

Side note: I don't buy into the quick absorption or rapid digestion that certain proteins claim.

Yes but there isn't any in beans.... NOOOT

Now I'm reserching something and almost every bean, grains or something like that have all esential amino-acids.

Exceptions are boiled lentils (missing treonin).

Everything else have all.

Why are people than saying that some are missing one or two essential amino-acids?

Why are people than saying that some are missing one or two essential amino-acids?

Found out why is that.

The Amino Acid Score calculated by ND is a basic measure of protein quality, but it has not been adjusted for the digestibility of the protein. Protein digestibility depends on the type of protein (animal proteins are more digestible than plant proteins), as well as the method in which the food was prepared. If digestibility is accounted for, the Amino Acid Score will be somewhat lower than stated.

If the Amino Acid Score is less that 100, a link is provided to "complementary" sources of protein. These are foods that are higher in the limiting amino acid(s), and/or lower in the amino acids most prevalent in the food. By combining complementary proteins, you may be able to increase the overall quality of the protein you consume.