The Ultimate Fighter series

somehow junie managed to stay on the show and not get kicked out. i don't understand why. he has managed to alienate everyone in the house and his coach too. but he will have to fight next week, we'll see how that goes. while i liked him at first, now i am hoping he gets tapped out quick.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i am very close to not watching this season anymore. i just saw a preview of the next episode where junie fights. he spits on the ground and pushes his opponent at the standoff. honestly, the only reason i may watch is because i'm hoping to see him lose. he has already gotten away with too much.

• 2 months later...

i stopped watching tuf 8 after i heard that Junie spit on a guys black belt. just hearing it made me dis gusted, so if i actually saw it would just make me furious. so i stopped there and never saw another show. but i found this great interview w/ new champ Frank Mir, where he tells us exactly how he felt about Junie, and the whole mess that is reality tv. you can see and hear how passionate he is about martial arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmu8AQOmh_Q

• 1 month later...

i didn't wanna start a whole new thread for each season of TUF, so i decided to change the title and use this as an ongoing thread for all the seasons.

even though the next season doesn't start until April, there is already a teaser out. you may have seen it during the commercial breaks in UFC 95. this season, it's Team USA (Dan Henderson head coach) vs Team UK (Michael Bisping head coach).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHj6D83bHNg

i thought it was a bit funny to hear a Sex Pistols song in the background of the commercial. anyways, i just hope there are no Junie Brownings in this season, cuz that would just stop me from watching the whole thing.

• 1 month later...

so far this season is looking much better than the last one. i was a little worried when i saw Junie's brother show up for try outs, but luckily he was defeated in his qualifying match and didn't make it on to the regular season, thank god. i can tell you nobody was sad to see him go.

most of the fighters seem pretty mature, and all the fighters, both USA and UK, agreed on some ground rules for this season. no bodily fluids, food is off limits, all the stuff that made last season so trashy. glad to see that happen. only some small practical jokes have been done, no harm done. and Bisping even asked his fighters to rise above all the shenanigans and not even retaliate.

and the fight was pretty good too. i won't discuss it, because i don't know if anyone else has seen it, and i don't want to put any spoilers.

Ya, pretty good season so far. I'm happy to see less of the shenanigans, but I just wonder how long they'll last before the house starts to implode... Bisping actually seems like a pretty good coach. Not so sure about Henderson but it's early to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

two fights in this episode. USA 1 and UK 2 is the score now. in that second fight, i had a feeling the submission was coming as soon as it went to the ground. it's exactly what they warned him about, and it's exactly what happened.

big question: never in any TUF season before, has a coach not been there to corner one of his fighters. where was Bisping? i'm not sure that the outcome would've have been different, but i def think it mentally affected his fighter.

• 4 weeks later...

just saw this week's episode. i think it's my favorite so far this season. if ever there was an episode that you could call inspiring, it would be this one. i am gonna post the rest in white below, so as not to give away any spoilers if you haven't seen it yet. if you do want to know, you'll have to hilight it to read it.

and also, it was bittersweet seeing a glimpse of Charles "Mask" Lewis in this episode too. tend to forget this season was filming while he was still alive.

Jason Pierce was not cleared to fight. actually looked like he didn't really want to fight. so they had to find a last minute replacement. 2 welterweights to choose from, and only 1 was medically cleared to fight, Frank Lester. problem was Lester was just in a fight 2 days before, and had stitches over his eye and had 4 teeth knocked out. needless to say, he lost. but he was offered the opportunity and he took it. he would be fighting David Faulkner, considered to be Team UK's best fighter. Lester was clearly nervous as he realized what he gotten himself into.

fight day. rough first round, Faulkner takes it. but in round two Lester really digs deep and pours it on. Faulkner is gassing and it only gives Lester more fuel to swing for the fences. as the round ends, everyone is expecting a 3rd round. both teams UK and USA are chanting "round 3! round 3! round 3!" Dana confirms that the judges have it 1 round a piece and the fight is going into sudden victory! both coaches are intensely giving their fighters last moment advice. despite being injured and toothless, Lester stands and is ready to go another round. but then as you look at the other corner, Faulkner is not standing up. Bisping and other UK coaches are trying to get him motivated and not to quit, but he signals to the ref that he has had enough and cannot continue.

Frank Lester wins and makes the most of his second chance. guy just had too much heart. for once i agree with Dana White... "Good shit... Good shit"

how the hell was Faulkner that spent during the 1st round? ... needs some more conditioning hehe

"if you're not willing to sacrifice for your dream, then it's not really a dream and you're not really meant to have it" - Frank Lester

nice

lets not confused ourselves here, clearly his gag reflex was the culprit here. I have one and can tell you that I last about 10 minutes on a treadmill with an uncut mouthpiece. With a cut mouthpiece I am good to go. I can ran miles and miles. However the cutting they would have had to do would have disqualified him for the match. When I fought in the AAKA here in Rhode Island back in the 80's they canned me becaue they started having fighters spit out their mouthpieces for inspection rather then having them smile at the ref with a mouthpiece already in from the lockerroom. My mouthpiece was way too short and quite insufficient. He tried 3 or more times to spit out his mouth piece during the fight, once successfully, in order to fight. I can tell you from my own personal experience that I can not catch my breath because of the constriction of my throat muscles and hestitant breath combining. However I have great endurance with those confusing things removed. I am very happy that he lasted that long. I great accomplishment.

It's an unfortunate situation for Faulkner to be so seized up by a mouthpiece. Surely he can have one custom made that won't gag him. I use a cut mouthpiece myself for the same reason. I don't fight competitively anyway and my mouthpiece is still long enough to protect my jaw. I can totally sympathize with Faulkner though. He needs to figure it out!

It was kind of an ironic match-up tho, don't you think? One guy can't keep his mouthpiece in, and the other can barely get his mouthpiece in because his teeth are knocked out.

It was kind of an ironic match-up tho, don't you think? One guy can't keep his mouthpiece in, and the other can barely get his mouthpiece in because his teeth are knocked out.

I agree

LOL, never thought about that.

so this season is not over yet, but they are already building a buzz over the next season. it should be pretty big. first off next season's coaches are going to be Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson! they have a little beef between them, if you remember the confrontation after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine [Video]. so their should be some sparks there, to say the least. and next season is going to be all heavyweights. and the first fighter to officially be part of the season...

KIMBO SLICE!

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20090601093810_big_kimbo.JPG&width_size=570

yep, they brought him in. they said if he wants to be in the UFC, he'll have to go thru the The Ultimate Fighter. ironic Kimbo got knocked out by a former TUF contestant.

so Rashad, Rampage, and Kimbo all on the same show. it's all about the ratings that season!

I agree

LOL, never thought about that.

so this season is not over yet, but they are already building a buzz over the next season. it should be pretty big. first off next season's coaches are going to be Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson! they have a little beef between them, if you remember the confrontation after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine [Video]. so their should be some sparks there, to say the least. and next season is going to be all heavyweights. and the first fighter to officially be part of the season...

KIMBO SLICE!

http://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/headers/20090601093810_big_kimbo.JPG&width_size=570

yep, they brought him in. they said if he wants to be in the UFC, he'll have to go thru the The Ultimate Fighter. ironic Kimbo got knocked out by a former TUF contestant.

so Rashad, Rampage, and Kimbo all on the same show. it's all about the ratings that season!

I forgpt did rampage get injured or was it because he was arrested that they didnt fight.

injury, and TUF10 is turning out to be the first season in awhile that I'm pretty excited for in advance. Rumored participants are Robert Drysdale and a few other big names. Regardless, I'll be tuning in to see how Kimbo does!

• 2 weeks later...

i heard some rumored names of heavyweights going to the next season of TUF, and they are not amateurs. one i heard was Wes "The Project" Sims, who fought Frank Mir twice, and also Tim Sylvia. the other name i heard was Roy "Big Country" Nelson, who has fought Andrei Arlovski and Jeff Monson. though both have lost to the opponents named here, overall they have more wins than losses, and years of professional experience.

so they are not making things easy for Kimbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Diego Sanchez! Finally, someone beats the crap out of Clay Guida, even when he's laying on top of him doing nothing... would've liked to see him finished, but Guida's a tough dude. I'll give him that--he didn't even look that bad once they wiped all the blood off him. I'm sure his face was black and blue today.

Yay Ross! meh, not so yay for Wilks-I prefered DeMarques but he got soundly destroyed.

Decent finale though. Looking forward to the coaches' fight!

Thank you Diego Sanchez! Finally, someone beats the crap out of Clay Guida, even when he's laying on top of him doing nothing... would've liked to see him finished, but Guida's a tough dude. I'll give him that--he didn't even look that bad once they wiped all the blood off him. I'm sure his face was black and blue today.

Yay Ross! meh, not so yay for Wilks-I prefered DeMarques but he got soundly destroyed.

Decent finale though. Looking forward to the coaches' fight!

yeah I was happy with the card that night. I thought stevenson looked much better. Diego show some real intestinal fortitude and continued when other had gotten frustrated. His staring upon entering the arena was really funny.

Not sure how that guy gets to be called british when he has lived here for 9 years and has began a new life for himself here. But anyway congrats.

they have a little beef between them, if you remember the confrontation after Rampage's victory over Keith Jardine.

It seems like Dana always tries to create a conflict between the fighters. All marketing, if you ask me.

Rumored participants are Robert Drysdale and a few other big names.

w00t! I'd love to see Drysdale on TUF.