Is Sex Cardio

sydneyvegan

Does Sex count as Cardio?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't skip a sex thread. I voted yes. The intensity of your "sexual" workout is obviously a personal thing. Walking around the block is cardio and so is running a marathon.

It gets me to thinking, though - sex is a large part mental as well as physical. If your sexual cardio workout can be heightened mentally, can you also get more out of your regular cardio workout with the right frame of mind?

(wannalift - haha! i didn't give up fitness after all!)

I think Sex counts as Cardio...

You raise your heart rate so it must...

It depends. For cardio one should keep a raised heart rate at a target level for at least 20 minutes. And it should be done at least three times a week. That sounds like a formula for a healthy sex-life. But does checking your pulse spoil the mood?

The Way Potter talks about his bike, I think you would have to say that what they get up to would border on sex

Well when you think about it, your heart rate can be raised for hours, hmmm maybe even all night (with rest periods of course , so I guess it could count as interval training as well)

Plus think of all those muscles you use... All that toe curling must be good for your calves, lol...

Anyway, time for a cold shower......

The only thing I can do all night long is stay awake and eat...oh and wish the sun was out so I could ride my bike more...as for the bike we are very very close

Not only is it a good aerobic working, but it's (usually) a low-impact one. It's convenient, because it can be done anywhere, whether you have access to a gym or not, and the use of special equipment to enhance your workout is completely optional. While there are no competitions that I'm aware of, I have heard that some people have even found a way to make this a team sport.

If you said it's not cardio, you're definitely not doing it right and I would advise finding a qualified trainer to help you learn to get the most out of your workout.

Not only is it a good aerobic working, but it's (usually) a low-impact one. It's convenient, because it can be done anywhere, whether you have access to a gym or not, and the use of special equipment to enhance your workout is completely optional. While there are no competitions that I'm aware of, I have heard that some people have even found a way to make this a team sport.

If you said it's not cardio, you're definitely not doing it right and I would advise finding a qualified trainer to help you learn to get the most out of your workout.

hahahaha

Anyone in Portland up for a cardio training session

Potter.....I know how you feel. I might be in that same boat (1-minute cardio club). It's hard to tell when I take such long breaks from cardio...I'm bulking now

You know me, I've never been a huge fan of cardio.

I guess my post about "training in Portland" has not peaked anyone's interest.

I'll keep on flying solo for now.

As Daywalker and I always say:

Train Hard Eat Plenty

Your pathetic Robert...unless your under 45 seconds...you should bragg about speed

Potter, you really shouldn't be working for speed in your cardio workouts. Most experts reccomend 30-60 minutes at least 5-7 days per week. You may need to start slowly and work up to that level of intensity.

Rob, it's tough to stick to a cardio routine if you only work out alone. I would reccomend finding a good workout partner or two. That should keep you motivated and on track.

As for group sessions, they are good once in a while too. It keeps you from getting bored with your routine, and it's a good opportunity to learn new workouts that you can use later.

I really think its time for a disambiguation. I mean sometimes as potter has mentioned its < 30s. this is obviously an anabolic exercise and sometimes its a 5hour show that resembles an ultramarathon.

Thus sex is and isn't cardiovascular, given the context of the situation. What should be kept in mind is that it can be very fun and enjoyable, and as has already been discussed, is a good form of exercise. As offense74 has pointed out graphically, not only can sex be cardio it can also be weightlifting.

So I think it should be viewed as an elephant and we are blind people touching the elephant so that each of us have different ideas of what an elephant it or something like this.