13 year Vegan

New World Vegan

Hi. This is my (late) introduction. I joined this forum in Nov.

I'm male, and have been a vegan for 13 years. I was raised in a family that ate reasonably well, so becoming a vegan wasn't hard.

It all started with 2 main problems I've always had (no matter what my diet is): intestinal probs and stress(Type-A), the latter getting me to read about nutrition, which got me to go vegan. Eating lighter helps, but I really needed to change my type-A thinking. It was a blessing in disguise, as I now have control over diet AND mind.

I've done small fasts, and eaten raw for a week at a time, and I'm going to go 98% raw for August. I love fruit. This forum is the 1st time I've heard of people other than me who eat 5 bananas at a time.

I've always lifted weights - off and on. I'm a hard gainer, and quite thin. But I'll always keep trying and I like lifting. I also like cycling.

I've been playing drums for 23 years, and I'm REALLY GOOD (vertuoso level). So this is where I'm most impressive.

Favorite music group: RUSH. That's related to my great drumming since the drummer is the best drummer in rock history - Neil Peart.

Welcome!

I'm catching up to you. I've been vegan for 12 years Thanks for finding our forum and for posting an intro. We have lots of us here who eat more than 5 bananas a day. I was eating more than 5 a day too for a long time so many of us wear the jacket.

Great to have you here and enjoy our community! Lots of raw people here too so you'll have plenty to talk about with our group.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Favorite music group: RUSH. That's related to my great drumming since the drummer is the best drummer in rock history - Neil Peart.

Welcome NWV.

I can't say that I have a favorite band. Rush would be high on my list

But I agree that Neil is definitely the best drummer ever.

We have lots of us here who eat more than 5 bananas a day. I was eating more than 5 a day too for a long time so many of us wear the jacket.

Hey, where can I get this jacket you speak of?

Welcome aboard!

5 bananas?

Take a look at the girl on the picture. She is thinking about how diffcult it will be to transport his weekly banana-ration to flanders, the BANANA-MAN

http://www.considereddesign.com/photos/pedal04/bananas.jpg

http://www.deercrack.com/banana/bm4/4fc.gif

Banans rock!

Heck flanders...that sure is a lot of bananas!!

I can smell a banana eating contest at VV already.

I'm claiming myself as judge!

Better start groveling hee hee!!

Oh - Banana Boy2 with the kool jacket - welcome aboard! Where can I get one of them jackets?