what is going on with the new version of the forum?

Im Your Man

I like the interface, colours and everything, hi-tech look, but I've noticed some small problems... is it doing this only on my computer or everyone else too?

I wanted to post in my food journal, but I had to submit it 5 times, logging in and off, before it actually worked. By chance I copied it before to avoid losing it. It never done that with the previous version.

Also I have a French keyboard and sometimes use some signs that now appear in weird symbols on this new version of the forum. It does that even with comas and regular English symbols.

Yeah, we're working on the PM issue.....well not me, I know nothing about computers....but Syrlinus and Richard are on it.

We're also working on making it more "pretty", adding images, banners, removing some text, etc.

It's a work in progress, but we'll get there.

I haven't seen ANY spam so far and I'm not getting 100 spam e-mails a day either!

It will take some time, but we'll have all kinds of cool things on this NEW forum.....this is just the beginning...we have lots planned

Glad you like it.

I'm still getting used to it, but I'm figuring it out as I go.

I like the new version despite the tiny problems, there's some details that bugs me like when we click on a link it doesn't open in another window. At least it's doing this on my Mac with Safari. My cookies are suposed to be ok since I never touched any settings.

Also, on some posts it's really weird, like on my training log viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10736

some characters display in strange symbols and even stranger : it looks different everytime I check it, last time 90% of the post was gone and there was only the first 3 words left!!

I would still ask you delete the cookies since there is a significant change from the previous version to the new version. I have found that when doing a major update like this cookies can cause weird little behaviour. The special characters are likely due to the board only using British english. I still need to look into adding additional languages. A lot of that was removed by the developers of the software for security reasons (special characters can allow attackers to break into systems).

Thanx SyrLinus. I made some corrections in the settings of my navigator. Emptied the cache and historic. It's set to accept all cookies, like before. I'll see if it's better now. About the special characters, sometimes even just writing simple things don't work; I'll make a test:

I'm

airplane's passenger

I'm having the Edit button.

Beforewisdom wrote: "I'm getting a blank white screen when I send PMs."

It did this like 5 times in a row yesterday when I was trying to post in a regular topic. I think that by erasing some special characters in the post, it then worked fine.

Ive noticed that I have an edit button on NEWLY posted posts.

But with the old board the edit button was there with posts that was posted days or more back. Kinda miss it.

Like I posted something this morning. Two hours later the edit button is gone.