Vitamin Water

Hi guys. I've recently became interested in converting to vegan/raw. I'm trying to figure out the right diet. I love drinking vitamin water but I had a question about the vitamins. Are they good for you? Reading the label they look to be synthetic or laboratory made, or whatever you might call it. I heard these forms of vitamins arent easily absorbed/broken down. Can anyone shed some light for me?

I agree with Katabatic. Vitamin water is a product made to make a profit - not to make you healthier. Whole food sources of vitamins (except the B12, which needs to be supplemented) are far superior and keeping plastic bottles out of the environment is better for the entire planet.

Welcome, VeganSal!

i take no vitamin pills that come from plastic bottles that will eventually be floating in the ocean someday..its all hype.

if you got b12 issues, cut out the fat, chilli, salt etc. but only so few vegan crew are ready to take this responsible actions. the rest are just gonna slam those that dont pop pills so they can continue their culinary ignorance at the expense of health.

health cannot be bought..its must be earned by daily healthful actions.

i take no vitamin pills that come from plastic bottles that will eventually be floating in the ocean someday..its all hype.

if you got b12 issues, cut out the fat, chilli, salt etc. but only so few vegan crew are ready to take this responsible actions. the rest are just gonna slam those that dont pop pills so they can continue their culinary ignorance at the expense of health.

health cannot be bought..its must be earned by daily healthful actions.

Durianrider, maybe it is futile to say "no offense" given what I am about to write, but I thought I would at least try as I truly mean no offense. Your opinions contradict facts and should you/others follow them to their logical conclusions you/they will suffer bad health consequences.

Jack Norris is a vegan fitness buff, cofounder of Vegan Outreach, and he is a Registered Dietitian. You might want to read his articles about vitamin B-12. You might also want to evaluate his opinion from the perspective that he makes no money off of anyone buying supplements of any kind, that he went to college to earn his credentials, and that much of what he was taught was learned by generations of credentialed professionals doing scientific research. The scientific method has been validated over centuries of use as a means of discovering new information.

You will want to compare that with the sources,credentials, and methods of the people from where you got your opinions.

Again, no insults, just a tip.

Here is the URL:

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/vitaminb12

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I think it is not neccessary to take any pills at all, because they arent needed and they arent too healthy.

If you want to take pills then take full nutritions like algaes or greens.

Bye the way, nature is perfect in this too.

My b12 sources are sprouted grains, wheat rye, kamut, they are full of it, and other vitamins and enzymes as well.

So let'sstart srouting! Every sprouts are full with vitamins and stuff, complete food i think.

That's pretty much what I thought. About b12, isnt it in certain vegan foods like dulse flakes? I thought supplementing was bad.

It's really your own personal preference..

If you feel the need to take a supplement then I would suggest it.

Yes there is B12 in dulse and in root vegetables.

From my personal opinion in my whole raw food experience. I started with Vega 3 yrs ago. Then my body just eased off it until I didn't feel the need to take it anymore.

If you want to supplement though I would suggest taking this.

It'll be easier to digest on your system, instead of taking all those pills.

It'll provide all your daily source of vitamins and minerals including

6mcg of B12. Complete 5 sources of easy digestive proteins, fiber, Calcium, magnesium, potassium, Omega 3,6, Loaded with antioxidants, EFA etc...

It's considered a Raw supplement. But the pea protein is still questionable weather or not if they heated it over where the enzymes are killed.

http://sequelnaturals.com/vega

Click on health optimizer

I hope you find this useful too.

"Give Vega a Shants"