Who are you? What do you do? how long have you been Vegan?

RAINRA

I want everyone who wants to post what who they are. Getting to know who everyone is....

R u an athlete?

are you a bodybuilder?

are you some supertalented individual?

are just and activist?

or you just a plain vegan walking through life .

How long have you been Vegan?

Let us know who you are?

R u an athlete?
That depends. I lift weights and was a martial artist (Muay Thai and Krav Maga) when I had time and money. I'm to old to compete in Muay Thai with HMO health insurance.
are you a bodybuilder?
Nope
are you some supertalented individual?
Nope
are just and activist?
Retired
or you just a plain vegan walking through life .
Dietary vegan
How long have you been Vegan?

Never. I've been eating a vegan diet since dec. of 2004.

Let us know who you are?
A student

Cool, I would like to hear from more people

Here are my highlights:

Current age: 26

Vegan since: 2000

Work: Unemployed bum / self-employed bum / designer / illustrator

Interests include: Playing guitar (heavy metal ninja style), playing drums, playing violent video games (soulcalibur 4 right now), magic the gathering, origami, illustration / design, sleeping, watching various TV series (dexter, firefly, the shield, sopranos, buffy/angel, lost...) and I enjoy exercise (weight-lifting, knocking a tennisball around, throwing a basketball around, skating, martial arts), and I enjoy the company of animals

Dislikes: Any form of prejudice / discrimination (including but not limited to sexism, ageism, racism, homophobia / heterophobia?), cruelty, selfishness

Particular pet peeves: Hypocrisy, pretentiousness, sexism, automatic-conformity, religion, wooly-headed thinking, illogical-stubbornness, superficiality

I was just about to start a thread like this titled something like "What do you do?"

It is cool to find out what people do, and I love that part about the community gatherings, such as in D.C. recently meeting new people.

I'll provide answers soon...just out the door now....

I like Richard's format, so I'm stealing it ...

Current age: 31

Vegan since: Sunday

Work: Architect

Interests include: Running, walking or just plain wandering, swinging on swings, swimming at night, exploring abandoned places, old houses, boats, tae kwon do, eating baked goods, pit bull wags, bento boxes, japanese gardens, lighthouses, black and white photography. I adore animals, especially dogs and am an active volunteer with a Stray Rescue group in town.

Dislikes: Breed banning, disposable architecture, closed minded folks, people without empathy, negativity in general.

Particular pet peeves: See above.

Real Name- Andrew

Age- 20

Location- Chicago, Illinois

Vegan since- 2 years ago on June 6th

Work- Low voltage technician, musician, soon to be recording engineer and promoter for any bands I can get my dirty mits on

interests- MUSIC, biking, DIY, co-ops, WVO/SVO cars, recording, photography, weightlifting, volunteer work (I'm considering the local animal shelter, food not bombs, or something having to deal with sexually abused girls and women), renewable energy, sustainable "capitalism"(one could argue it's not capitalism if it's sustainable, and I would too), Noam Chomsky, anarchism, Free Markets, dumpster diving(right now I just stick to what I can find curbside or in allies), TATTOOS!, farmers markets, books

dislikes- bigotry, hypocrisy, fake people, SUVs, the internal combustion engine, misogyny, yuppies, hipsters(not all of them, but enough of em), capitalism

Me Pablo. Me vegan.

I'm 23 and have been vegan for a few months, a few times before that also. I'm trying to build muscle. Super interested in health and fitness. Work as a vitamin consultant at a nutrition store; demo for Vega sometimes. Other than that, I sleep and bodybuild. And drink yerba mate.

My name is Brian. I'm 24. Been vegan for long enough I dont keep track, but i'm somewhere past 5 years. My bodybuilding has gone in phases. When I first went vegan it was for the challenge of also bodybuilding. I got pretty strong, but I've let the strength training decline for over a year. I'm working to get back up to par.

I'm a master's student in a rehabilitation counseling program. I'm paid to administer tests all day. I've also worked as a researcher.

My primary interests are: lifting weights, staying fed and grocery shopping. Existential philosophy and theory. Incense and candles. The making and drinking of tea. Vegan dogs. Agorism/voluntaryism. I like to work with volunteer groups such as habitat for humanity and food not bombs. I do grow plants so that I can eat them. I'm one of those people who are into firearms. I watch a lot of movies. I dont play instruments anymore but I listen to a wide range of music. I'm also in what has become a year long relationship so I'm interested in keeping that going. I'm also interested in finding books I want to read as years of schooling have ruined my desire to actually sit around and just read. I'll continue that search.

I've got some things that can tick me off, but if its not something about me I can't do much about it so I tend not to dwell on negative things. My list concerning this is very similar to Richards.

Real Name- Marcina

Age- 22

Location- Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Vegan since- February 2008

Work- Veterinary Assistant.

interests- Going to rock shows, singing, playing ffxi online (geek), Funny movies, taking care of animals, lifting weights

dislikes- IGNORANT PEOPLE!! I also don't like people who put others down for no reason other than to make themselves feel better. Poo poo to you! I also don't like slobs, people who throw garbage in the recycling bin, and.. Well..I'm not exactly a people person. I also hate cold toilet seats.

Thanks rich.

Current age: 28

Vegan since: 2000ish

Work: Teacher, Soccer Coach, Occasional odd jobs...

Interests include: Lifting, dodgeball, soccer, dancing, getting a tan, kickball, football, electric longboards, glbtq rights, and waves in the ocean.

Dislikes: I've got a few.

Particular pet peeves: None off the top of my head.

Edited by Aaron

Current age: I was born in the highlands of Scotland over 600 years ago....

Vegan since: 1995, turned vegetarian when I was 14

Work: Programmer

Interests include: The works of Dr. Albert Ellis, veganism, smart women, working out, books, sci-fi,

too many to list.

Dislikes: I can't remember ever sitting on a cold toilet seat, sorry Marcina

Current age: 30ish

Vegan since: Never. I've been eating a vegan diet since 2004.

Work: Student/Bookstore Clerk

Interests: powerlifting, olympiclifting, eating, Muay Thai, Krav Maga, reading, the NBA, NHL in the 80's, FIFA, MMA, boxing, 24, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Special Victims Unit, Cold Case, Prison Break, Criminal Mind, FlashPoint, listening to music, watching documentaries.

Dislikes: PIGS (law enforcement officers), white supremacy, feminazis, American anarchist "scene", Marxist-Leninist, street drug and alcohol users, privatized medicine, being poor.

Edited by veganmomma

Cool thread, now it's my turn:

Real name;Hayley

current age: 26

location Orlando, Florida (USA)

vegan for over two years now, and I'm absolutely loving it

work: Wellness department at my local YMCA, soon to be personal trainer

fitness interests: weight training, running, Body Pump group class, and a few other group classes like step, and cardio jump/ I also like a lot of sports, but don't really play any

other interests: being vegan, reading, but I don't seem to have any time right now to read, and I also used to like to write,but I also don't have the time for this either

dislikes: cruelty, and a few other things

Name: Liz

Location: London, England (since 2007--before that Baltimore, MD, USA for 16 years)

Vegan since: Sept 2005 (veg since 1994)

My primary athletic hobby is roller derby with the London Rollergirls--I have practice 3 to 4 times a week. I also commute to work by bike (about 15 miles round trip) 3 times a week and lift weights 3 times a week.

I work as a research officer at a London university. I have a PhD in applied developmental psychology. I have been working in social science research since I was 19.

I love all sorts of food. I could talk about food for ages! Unfortunately, I don't have much time to cook. When I am not at work, or commuting to/from work, or at derby practice, or doing derby administration stuff (I am a league director so have to do lots of that), I like lying around on the couch reading or watching movies! I'm not into going to pubs or clubs or stuff like that, but do wish I had more chance to get out and explore London.

Name: Kristina

Vegan since: very recently. Ethically, I love it and am proud of myself. But I won't lie: I despise cooking, so it's a little difficult.

Work: Waitress extraordinaire!. I studied theater in school (totally useless-but it was fun), and am thinking about going back to school to study photography.

Interests: Movies, movies, movies. Specifically horror and sci fi. Just rewatched 'Aliens' and am still reeling! Nutrition, getting out of Los Angeles as often as I can, dinner parties, exercising.

Dislikes: cooking, willful ignorance, the republican party, cleaning the cat box

Edited by VeganDeVil

Name: Sam

Vegan since: Not sure... Veg since 2005 but over the last few months I have not been eating eggs/dairy so there's no going back now.

Work: Nursing student

Interests: My girlfriend, eating, travel (which is good since my girlfriend lives over 6000 miles away!), nursing, health, cooking, cycling, swimming, the beach, music, film, photojournalism.

Dislikes: Bad food, bad or "I can't" attitudes, bad smells..

Current age: 34

Vegan since: 2000ish

Work: Running VeganEssentials.com and VeganCats.com

Interests include: Lifting heavy things, listening to music (no talent in the area of making it as I found out long ago), searching out new vegan products, hiking, eating , having a good beer on occasion, sleeping in when I get the chance

Dislikes: Being injured, excessive stress

Particular pet peeves: Lack of personal accountability for one's actions, dishonesty, holier-than-thou opinionated people who look down on others who do things differently