My New Blog!/Goin' to Jail (LOL!)

janthraxx

I hear ya. I still think ALL cops are agents of repression (to steal a line--or rather book title--from Ward Churchill), but some are certainly worse than others. America does indeed imprison far more; in fact, America is the #1 jailer in the WORLD, and that's NOT just per capita. We have the most people in jail, PERIOD. Even more than China, which has probably 4-5 times our population, and is known the world over for being a harsh communistic country that arrests people just for protesting animal cruelty, for example. That should tell you something about the "justice" system in Amerika.
Oh, I forget to mention something fairly significant: America imprisons more blacks than apartheid South Africa. Think about that one. If you support the U.S. "justice" system in any way, you're standing up for a system that is monstrously racist and classist. Doesn't reflect back well on you.

You seem to be pretty hypocritical. You go on saying that the system is "racist" and you start out by "stereotyping me" right away. You don't know me, you've only read one post of mine and throw me into your skewed veiw of the justice system.

Grow up and take responsibilty for your actions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here here.

Thanks for posting mtguy. I wanted to stay out of this one but it's difficult. I've been working with the local police here for a few years now on different research projects and 99.999% of the officers I have met have been great. I think officers have such a tough job and they don't get nearly the respect they deserve.

Nobody is saying that all police officers are perfect, of course there are examples of misconduct. You can find examples like this in most any profession. It doesn't mean that the entire profession is evil.

Best of luck to you Jan.

There are bad cops, just as there are bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad electricians, etc - every walk of life has less desirable characters in it, law enforcement would be one of those, too.

I guess what you consider an illegal traffic stop, I would consider good police work as it got another drug dealer off our streets. ... oh yeah, if it was an illegal traffic stop (according to you), then why did you you take a plea deal?

Here here.

Thanks for posting mtguy. I wanted to stay out of this one but it's difficult. I've been working with the local police here for a few years now on different research projects and 99.999% of the officers I have met have been great. I think officers have such a tough job and they don't get anywhere near the respect they deserve.

Nobody is saying that all police officers are perfect, of course there are examples of misconduct. You can find examples like this in most any profession. It doesn't mean that the entire profession is evil.

Best of luck to you Jan.

There are bad cops, just as there are bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad electricians, etc - every walk of life has less desirable characters in it, law enforcement would be one of those, too.

I guess what you consider an illegal traffic stop, I would consider good police work as it got another drug dealer off our streets. ... oh yeah, if it was an illegal traffic stop (according to you), then why did you you take a plea deal?

1) Because the plea deal would be 3.5 years (unless we bribe them--er sorry, make a "charitable contribution" to the city), whereas if we tried to appeal the denial of the motion to suppress the evidence, and lost, it would be a 12 year sentence. My lawyer was super confident we would win the motion to suppress, because they had a case thinner than the layer of ice on a lake in April. But the cop lied his ass off in the police report and on the stand, and lied in very carefully constructed ways to ensure that the lies would not be able to be disproved on the video; the judge bought the laws, or more likely knew they were lies and didn't care. After that mockery of justice, and knowing the corruption and failure in this county for the "justice" system to actually follow laws, I'm not gonna risk 6 years in jail versus 3.5 or less for an appeal. Cost/benefit analysis. We don't trust the appeal board--especially if we drew conservative judges instead of more liberal ones--to be any less biased and unconstitutional than the county judge. If I knew the judges were actually going to be fair and impartial, I would absolutely appeal it because my lawyer and I both know the law as written is on my side. But just like we see in vivisection laboratories and slaughterhouses, just because something is a law on the books, DOES NOT MEAN it will actually be followed in practice!

2) "Another drug dealer off our streets." LOL. Ah, it would make me laugh if it weren't so sad and painful. Medical marijuana clubs are not drug dens. They are compassionate caregivers that HELP SICK PEOPLE LIKE ME. They help reduce or eliminate people's dependence on dangerous pharmaceuticals. They're not drug dealers. I wasn't selling this on the street. I was trying to get myself out of dire financial straights brought on by being disabled (according to my doctors and me and anyone who spends 10 minutes with me) but denied twice thus far for disability, when I saw no other realistic options and had to eat and pay rent and take care of our rescued animals. And I was trying to help sick people get good medicine that would help them feel better. You sound like some old conservative O'Reilly factor obsessor who can't see a difference between heroin and meth and crack, and medical marijuana. It's insane.