Body Image

SeaSiren

To me there is a beauty about her body but I can imagine anything from the pecks upwards would just turn me off! because I'm sure she has the mans face look going on! She does look like she's bordering on the extreme side! for me the abs and groin area have it!

I do respect any athlete for their hard work in whatever sport interests them. But I'll agree with most of you. I don't find that specific physique attractive. I respect the female bodybuilders a lot, but I'm not really attractive to most of them. I like the "fitness" or "figure" physique on those women I mentioned earlier.

This is another photo that displays that "fit" look. I took this photo at the 2004 Olympia.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Olympia-Gallery2/flexgirls.jpg

This is another one from one of my photo galleries on the main site. These are the figure women in pro fitness, and I think they look great!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Olympia-Gallery2/figure3.jpg

I thought the first picture was a guy until I looked closer and began to read the post.

I repect the hard work all these females do. After all I have been competing Naturally in Figure for 5 years and have three titles so I know what hard work it takes, to get then keep the muscle thru the diet down.

I have not spent enough time I this forum to determine the consensus on natural vs Not. But from my vantage point being a Natural Competitor and knowing many Figure and Fitness Gals who are not (the look does not come easy natural !) ..it is alot more work to get the Fitness look in the pictures posted of the Olympia.

For me I respect the gals who do it the Natural Way.

Here's some altered versions of that picture, with different colours. I am colour blind so I don't know if these are actually accurate or even appealing, but I think that they look better than the original (left). Look more feminine than the original which is almost grey to look at, as far as I can see.

http://www.godfist.com/body_colours.jpg

The far right looks more attractive to me but I really don't like tans at all. I like really fair skin.

it was hard for me to get it much lighter than that as it was such a dark image to start with, plus I'm not very good anyway I guess. I don't know if the woman is meant to be dark or light-skinned in the original picture!

Here's some altered versions of that picture, with different colours. I am colour blind so I don't know if these are actually accurate or even appealing, but I think that they look better than the original (left). Look more feminine than the original which is almost grey to look at, as far as I can see.

http://www.godfist.com/body_colours.jpg

Agree with Kathryn. The image on the left looks the best.

As a person of very fair-skinned European descent, I always wished for a darker skin type. I liked my blue eyes, but I wanted darker skin.

Thanks for this exercise in skin tone, Richard!!

although i am a straight female, i dont find this female body attractive and can understand why many men dont find it attractive. I do really appreciate the work that has gone into it and im pretty sure her goals are not to appeal to men, but to win whatever competition she was working towards. You gotta work with what you've got, if you have that kind of potential and love working out why not see where it takes you. good for her.

i don't find her attractive, and the skin colors makes no difference on preference for me.

i'm definitely attracted to fit bodies and muscular-definition, but not that ripped.

props to her, though. unless it's another case of steroids.

Yeah, as I said earlier the few women who achieve great strength without drugs are just as attractive as any average women. Here's an example of an average woman who's is extremely strong and has lifted heavy for years but does not take drugs.

http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/06-024-training/P1010323.jpg

She benches about 300, squats and dls about 475. She doesn't look freakish. And women should NOT think lifting heavy weights will every make them look like the OP picture. It will make them just have bigger muscles like the lady here. All those big jawed steriod using women I think are mainly responsible for scaring women away from lifting heavy weights.

And women should NOT think lifting heavy weights will every make them look like the OP picture. It will make them just have bigger muscles like the lady here. All those big jawed steriod using women I think are mainly responsible for scaring women away from lifting heavy weights.

I agree!

On other fitness forums I'm on, quite a few women (newbies to weight training) are so afraid of "bulking"! Those of us who know better have to keep repeating that bulking is more determined by gentics and diet than buy lifting weights, and that most women won't 'bulk' and look like men.

• 3 months later...

I am a straight (give or takea few drunken nights ) female...but being objective...i would love love love !! to look liek that!

i think it is attractive.i can understand why men often do not though its a bit unusual..in the same way a woman with a shaved head iosnt attractive to some men..but i am guessin a woman whom had a body like that would be oozin self esteem/confidence and that is attractive in itself.

Personally, my being attracted to a person or not has fairly little to do with what their body looks like. Is it a factor? Of course, but it's only one of many. I think it's cool to see women built like that even if only to challenge many folks ideas of gender.

Mostly, I think it's important to encourage people to be healthy and to decide for themselves what they want to look like instead of being swayed by societal standards, corporate advertising, etc...

Its in the eye of the Beholder.

For a guy like Ronnie Coleman that woman might be appealing.

For a guy like Brendan (Athlete) it might be overbearing.

Largely, that woman is beyond the 'wanted' range of most men. What percentage.. I dont know.

There will be some men who like that.. but as such if a woman is 'BIGGER' than me, then my interest in her feminity is lost. Thats just my viewpoint / turn on factor.

Some people might choose otherwise. A lot of guys like big / bigger women.

Mostly, I think it's important to encourage people to be healthy and to decide for themselves what they want to look like instead of being swayed by societal standards, corporate advertising, etc...

Right on man. I agree. I have friends who are female bodybuilders, male bodybuilders, fitness models, friends who are overweight, obese, skinny, etc. I'm attracted to a variety of male and female bodies. I love the bodybuilding look because that is what I've been in to for the past 6 years. I love the fitness model look and soccer player look, etc.

But I think loveliberate said it well. As long as people are healthy, they should be able to choose any kind of phyiscal look and be proud of it. Key words are healthy and proud. I get pretty annoyed by trends and fads that are on mainstream TV and advertising that can sway an entire society, usually in the wrong direction

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, as I said earlier the few women who achieve great strength without drugs are just as attractive as any average women. Here's an example of an average woman who's is extremely strong and has lifted heavy for years but does not take drugs.

http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/06-024-training/P1010323.jpg

She benches about 300, squats and dls about 475. She doesn't look freakish. And women should NOT think lifting heavy weights will every make them look like the OP picture. It will make them just have bigger muscles like the lady here. All those big jawed steriod using women I think are mainly responsible for scaring women away from lifting heavy weights.

do you know her Jay?

Very impressive lifts.