Summer Shape-Up Challenge July 1st-Sept 24th

July 1st Summer Shape -Up Challenge

This is our 4th year hosting contests on www.veganbodybuilding.com! We’ve had all kinds of contests in the past and have given away prizes such as t-shirts, hats, gift certificates, cash, etc. and have featured our contest winners on the front of www.veganbodybuilding.com (past winners can be found here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/contests.html)

We had a bunch of contests in 2003, a great year in 2004, and then in 2005 we didn’t offer very many, mostly due to the fact that we were running low on resources for prizes.

In the past, our contests were for “who has the best biceps, or legs, etc., comparing athletes to one another). After feedback, especially on the Vegan Bodybuilding forum, I’ve decided to create a Body Transformation Contest on here just in time for Summer. Many of us have done Body Transformation Contests in the past, including myself in 2000 and 2004. There are hundreds out there, nationally and internationally.

So with this contest, what we’ll do is take before photos by July 1st and then 12 weeks later, take after photos and then vote on a winner. I know, 12 weeks doesn’t seem that long, but in the 12-week Body-for-LIFE contest in 2000 I went from 157-176 pounds and it was awesome! In 12 weeks a lot can change. Some of us will try to lose weight, some try to gain muscle; we’ll all have different goals. Therefore, this contest will not be about who has the biggest biceps or the flattest stomach but who made the most impressive physical transformation based on their own personal goals.

So here is the breakdown:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsors the 2006 Vegan Summer Shape-Up challenge!

Submit “Before” photos to [email protected] by July 1st st to be entered. Please send at least 3 photos including a full-body photo from the front, back, and side, in fitness wear, so we can easily track progress. The contest will go from July 1st to September 24th.

At then end of the contest, send “After” photos. These will need to be taken before or on September 24th. Once those are collected, the contestants will be voted on by the website visitors and forum members and a winner will be chosen. We will have a male and female category, and based on number of entries we may have sub categories based on goals (i.e. Gaining muscle or losing weight, etc). A short bio will be included for each contestant so we know a little bit about what each person had to overcome, what their goals were, and so we can learn a bit about their personality and training history.

BEFORE photos can be taken anytime between June 15-July 1 and e-mailed to me by mid-July.

AFTER photos can be taken anytime between September 15-24th and e-mailed by early October so we can get started on the voting process.

What: 2006 Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Summer Shape-Up Contest!

When: July 1st - September 24th

Who: Open to all vegans, including non-Vegan Bodybuilding forum members

Why: To motivate each other and to recognize achievement in health and body transformation.

Where: Hopefully vegans from all over the world will enter, please join in!

Awards:

Everyone who completes the contest and submits Before and After photos with a short bio will win some sort of prize, probably a free t-shirt and certificate for completing the contest.

The winners voted on by website visitors will be featured on www.veganbodybuilding.com and on the Vegan Bodybuilding Forum and will receive prizes such as, but not limited to:

-Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing

-A copy of the Vegan Fitness Built Naturally DVD

-$100 in gift certificates from VeganEssentials.com ($50, $30, $20)

-CA$H Prizes

-Gift Certificates to Vegan Companies

-A subscription to VegNews Magazine

-A copy of the Best-Selling Book THRIVE by Brendan Brazier

-A box of Vega Bars

-Hemp Protein Powder

-Vegan Fitness Team Apron

-Fit Vegan Calendars

-A CD from Vegan Rock Star Cheryl Hill (www.cherylhill.com)

-Other prizes to be named later - I'll continue to use my resources to get lots of things donated...books, clothing, supplements, etc.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, please e-mail Robert Cheeke at [email protected] or write to:

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

P.O. Box 2125

Corvallis, OR 97339

USA

Thank you and we look forward to your entry!

The Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Team

Edited by robert

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no problem.

The Spring Shape-Up challenge is just about to end, and it's time for the summer challenge. I received more than 80 photos for our Spring Challenge!

Remember this is just a contest to improve your own health and physical fitness. The only reason we have voting is to make sure people stay motivated and keep it a bit competitive. We'll award everyone who finishes the 12-week body transformation challenge but we'll also vote for who made the greatest change over the 3-month period, based on each person's goals.

It will be an awesome event, just like the Spring Contest was.

We'll get photos up for the Spring challenge members in the next month or so (the event ends on June 24)...so those in the spring contest get your photos taken near the end date and send em on over in early July.

Okay I totally was owned in the first shape up because of my vacation. So I am going to try again for this one hopefully, and I will be back home with full gym membership up in your ass so recognize. I will get new photos to you Rob, which will be even worse than my before photos for the last competition given that I have been sat on my flabby ass for the last 3 months or so, GRR! The DVD pumped my butt so hard that I intend to work it real hard at the gym.

I'm kind of chubby right now and I need to improve my endurance for strongman while still packing on some mass. Quite a challenge indeed, perhaps I'll throw my photo's in just for fun. No need to have me officially part of the competition though.

Regards,

Sensless

I'm in too

Since I fear, that my after pics for the spring contest might not be so flattering and because I am just getting warmed up I will defenitely participate in the summer contest *YEAH*

This spring contest really got me going

I'm short on time at the moment, so may not be able to answer all questions...but YES, even if you did the Spring Challenge you can do THIS ONE TOO!

I designed it that way, so they won't overlap. Time to get photos sent in soon!

Get photos taken anytime before July 1st and get them e-mailed to me by say, July 10th or so.

Thanks and tell your friends....it's fun, you get in better shape, improve your health and win prizes!

All the BEST to everyone!

Rob

I just had a great idea.. I could finally get myself a tongue piercing made. I wouldn't be able to eat much for a few days. That could be supportive to lose weight

Hey--and I could finally have my wisdom teeth taken out!

I could have my jaw wired shut! But duct tape would be so much cheaper!

I got em.

Also, thanks to everyone else who sent in photos. If I haven't replied yet, it is because I have so many e-mails, I'm playing catch-up and should reply soon.

I also just finished moving, so it was a bit hectic for a while.

Thanks again everyone. I'll try to make some outline plans for training and nutrition to help people stay on course over the next 12 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hows everyone doing in the summer shape up challenge? After three weeks, I am definitely feeling lighter, but have a LONG way to go to reach my goals...getting the diet and weight routine dialed in is a fun but challenging process.

I've lost a few pounds of fat, and my strength and flexiblity is steadily increasing (doing lots of yoga), but haven't hit the point yet where the returns can be seen visually. I feel waay better though.