Some Misc Pics of my modest little family and I

xdarthveganx

If one wanted dirty talk, they would have to go to Pottersville, since VBB is a Bedford Falls-kinda site.

VBB was a Bedford Falls kinda site...but that is no more

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, do I look that crazy ? Im allmost getting scared of myself .

Nahhh...looks fine to me

Though, you are looking very un-disco.

Well, maybe its my evil, moustacheless twin

I knew it!

So I guess you don't get (rollercoaster) rides free anymore, eh?

[

The 30 inch widescreen is OK. But I hope to get something bigger soon

I am a bit of a techno Geek if you havent noticed.[/img]

I, too, consider my tv a part of the family. She provides me every game of the world cup in beautiful high def.

I (sniff sniff) don't know what I'd do without her.

Seriously, though. I like watching sports, so the HDTV was the nicest present I ever gave myself.

Hardline is probably one of the most misunderstood ideoligies. There are alot of lies and halfth truths about the hardline movement. I would be glad to clarify if anyone was interested.

yeah, I'd appreciate it!

for me there's no misunderstanding about it as I don't know anything about it yet....

Hey Finbario...I think I'm gonna need some advice from you in the future on how to stay married and have a high def TV...I had no idea such a thing was possible!!!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1441/000031hn.jpg

I can only shake my head about people having a gun and showing it like something which is worth to be seen. I am glad that none of my friends have a gun.

Remember: having a gun means always using it. Why else should you have one?

Nobbi,

That pistol looks (fairly) ready for use to me... People who have guns for self-defense should definitely be prepared (mentally/emotionally & with proper training) to use it for that purpose.

You might be surprised to find out that people you know do have guns - the more restrictions an area has on guns/people does not always mean there will be less guns, but it almost always means that people there will be less willing/able to openly discuss gun-ownership and use.

What exactly do you disagree with Nobbi?

People who have guns for self-defense should definitely be prepared (mentally/emotionally & with proper training) to use it for that purpose.

People should not be prepared to use a gun at all!!!

Police are always ready to use their guns and should be but only 1 in 20 ever actually get to shoot their gun on duty...having one rarely means using it even for americans.

People who have guns for self-defense should definitely be prepared (mentally/emotionally & with proper training) to use it for that purpose.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. I think I understand where you are coming from. The fact is that there are many people who DO own guns for self-defense and most likely always will. Since that is the case, they should be properly trained in the safe and effective use of those guns, as well as be prepared mentally, emotionally and otherwise for the effects of using their guns in self-defense.

Although my own primary reason for owning guns, and I assume Darths as well, is for their defensive applications, it is worth noting that many people also own them for sporting or collecting reasons.

Thanks for clarifying what you meant. I think I understand where you are coming from. The fact is that there are many people who DO own guns for self-defense and most likely always will. Since that is the case, they should be properly trained in the safe and effective use of those guns, as well as be prepared mentally, emotionally and otherwise for the effects of using their guns in self-defense.

Although my own primary reason for owning guns, and I assume Darths as well, is for their defensive applications, it is worth noting that many people also own them for sporting or collecting reasons.

I admit I enjoy shooting targets. I think it is actually alot of fun. Yes guns have a potential to be dangerous but most gun owners take that potential very seriously. You can enjoy shooting and have fun and be safe at the same time.

loveliberate: I havent gone shooting in a long while, I need to order some ear and eye protection but once I do we should go to the range on regular basis. Believe me, I could use the practice.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I am also amazed to see a gun on this forum.

I don't have a source for this but there has been research on having guns for protection and if they actually would. I can't remember exactly but the outcome was that with a gun one is actually in more danger. If a thief comes in ones house/office/whatever and can see that person has a gun, he will shoot his for sure. Also he is probably prepared while the person does not know hes gonna be there.

I would think that anyone with a gun keeps it somewhere safe, so kids can't reach it etc, so you would actually have to go and get it when something happens..

It seems logical to me that one would be more safe without one. Also maybe the thief does not have a gun but if the victim has one he can take the victims gun and shoot him.

Also if one buys a gun I would think that person is supporting the companies that make them, the same companies that are keeping it possible for people to get guns. Same companies that provide guns used for war?

Most guns are used for horrible stuff if you ask me.

I once got shot at when I was like 11, I was somwhere where I was not suppose to be and that was wrong. But I did not do anything bad really, just kids playing, I saw the tree a couple of meters away take the hit.

Guns are made to injure/kill people or animals - I don't like them.

Also I think it's a big part of American culture to have guns, I don't think there are many non US forum members that have a gun, if any...

I believe there are also much, much more deaths from guns in the USA then in Europe where the laws are much stricter.

Heya Dude!

I think it's cool when old topics get brought up! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on these issues.

Many vegans do believe in owning and using guns, for self-defense, sport, etc. I am one of them! I believe that being able to use guns for self-defense is a basic human right and that whether or not to own guns must be a personal choice. I have seen many claims like what you wrote - I am extremely skeptical of them and my personal experience is sharply different.

That said, if a person owns guns for self-defense they should certainly consider how they will keep the gun ready for use. Ideally, they will also get quality training in the defensive use of guns. In many countries and in almost all US states, it is possible to legally carry a loaded pistol with you in public. Even when this is not the case, it is often legal to have guns available for defensive use in your home or car.

Of course, laws change and they do not determine what is right or wrong. Many people realize that the their life/safety, as well as the lives and safety of those they care about are more important than laws...

I do not believe in shooting somone simply for theft and generally this is not legal or otherwise adviseable. Most thugs and other criminals are likely to be deterred from stealing from, attacking or otherwise attempting to victimize an armed person - they'd rather go after someone that poses less of a risk to them. If they're likely to attack you when they see that you have a gun - they probably would have attacked you anyway.

Either way, I want people have the ability to have guns and to choose for themselves whether or not to use them to defend themselves. If a person attacks you, you have the right to defend yourself.

You raise a very good point about buying guns possibly supporting things that you disagree with. I certainly do not prefer to support such companies and try to buy my guns second hand, etc. Having said that, it's worth doing some research and consideration on the issue. Most folks would be very surprised to found out how many common companies they already buy all kinds of things from also manufacture firearms! The amount of money from these products - and from people paying taxes to governments that support these companies by buying guns, etc for wars and to do the "horrible stuff" you mention - is the vast majority of the money such companies get.

The amount of money from civilians buying guns is a tiny drop in the bucket! I suggest that rather than worrying about people whose guns are for self-defense and sport, your time would be better spent working to abolish war and other governmental/corporate crimes, as well as consumerism, hunting, etc!

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and based on what you shared it sounds like whoevere shot at you behaved extremely inappropriately. I have also been shot at and have had guns pulled on me - more than once.

I also dont like the way many folks use/misuse guns. Regardless of what any of us feel, guns will be a part of life in this world for a long time to come. I want to help make sure that violent thugs are not the only ones with the guns!

While many folks in the US do have guns, we are not the only country with high levels of gun ownership. People in countries around the world own guns - for all the same reasons we do! Gun laws vary quite extremely - both inside and outside of the US. Things that are prohibited or tightly restricted in parts of the US are legal and non-restricted in many European countries for example.

Speaking of guns and Europe - did you know that the majority of oh so

"evil" handguns popular in the US (as well as Europe & around the world) are made over there? Here's just a few brands off the top of my head: Beretta, Glock, HK, Sig, Star, Astra, Brno, CZ, FN, Hammerli, Husqvarna, Steyr. Darth's handgun is an import from Europe too - though that brand in now marketed under a US company's name. Many others are made in places as diverse as Canada (Para-Ordnance), Brazil (Taurus & Rossi) and China (Norinco).

There are definitely problems with with guns being used violently and otherwise inappropriately but the legality and availability of guns is only part of the equation. Many area's with high levels of gun ownership have far less violence using guns and otherwise, many area's with extremely tight restrictions on firearms have very high levels of violence - including with guns.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and concerns!

Heya Andrew,

I disagree with that being the only reason people should have a gun. Everyone has the right to defend themselves when attacked and firearms can be useful tools for doing so when used appropriatedly. Also, many folks around the world shoot recreationally and/or competitively. Did you know that shooting is an Olympic sport? Besides these reasons, other folks simply enjoy collecting firearms.

Edited by loveliberate