Jay Cutler Wins Mr. Olympia 2006!

My man! Jay Cutler just upset Ronnie Coleman and won the Mr. Olympia!

I got two e-mails from him just about 4 or 5 days ago and he said he would make me proud. I've known Jay for over half a decade and he's been a big supporter of me and I've been a big supporter of him.

Even though he's not vegan and not natural, he's one of the guys who got me into this in the first place. Perhaps I wouldn't still be bodybuilding if it weren't for him.

If you ever get a chance to meet Jay, you'll know what I mean. He's a totally awesome guy!

I'm up in Canada so I didn't see the Olympia this year, but the photos look amazing!

Check out www.flexonline.com or www.bodybuilding.com for results and photos.

Here's a look from the back

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/big/2006/2006olympia_pre_men152.jpg

Beating the Beast!

This image obviously from www.flexonline.com

http://www.flexonline.com/06contests/06olympia/menpre1/images/aabj0474.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/big/2006/2006olympia_pre_men157.jpg

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/big/2006/2006olympia_pre_men155.jpg

A little info here. The contest just ended and hour ago and I'm going to bed soon, so I'm sure more detailed recaps will be available on www.flexonline.com, www.bodybuilding.com and other bodybuilding sites.

Some info from www.flexonline.com :

September 30, 2006 is a day that will live in bodybuilding lore forever. A capacity crowd at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas bore witness to history, but it was not the history many had expected. Ronnie Coleman, going for his record-breaking ninth Sandow trophy, instead lost to four-time runner-up Jay Cutler, and by a convincing margin by bodybuilding standards, 22 to 38 (lowest score wins). In fact, Cutler won all four rounds of the show.

Although Coleman was losing after yesterday's prejudging, the champ did not go down without a fight. In arguably the best posing routine ever seen on an Olympia stage, Coleman had world-famous boxing announcer Bruce Buffer step out on stage to announce him - Ronnie then came down through the crowd to a raucous ovation. After ducking backstage, a few moments later he reappeared in a Moses costume, long white beard and all.

But in the end, a slightly better physique beat the better showman on this night, as Cutler's extra 10 pounds of size and sharp improvements finally put him over the top.

Finally!

It was overdue. Jay deserves it more than anyone not only for his physique, but also for his perserverance of the title.

Wow, even though i don't really follow what's up in pro bodybuilding, i'm happy that Jay took the crown from Ronnie

Give him my congratulations and respect when you got a chance to speak to him or mail him, Rob.

You bet! I just e-mailed him to congratulate him. He is a very dedicated, hard worker and just a good guy in general. From looking around at the various websites, there were some great physiques on stage last night.

I actually don't follow IFBB Pro Bodybuilding much anymore either, but I always check in when it's Olympia time

Now, it makes me want to train even harder....just looking at those physiques. I know it's not attainable, but it still makes me work harder. Whatever works I guess when it comes to motivation.

Damn, I would have liked to see the competition!!!

This is a quite cool announcement. I thought you were kidding at first.

It is like when you grow up with your parents and one day you realize "oh, they are humans too". I didn't know the Mr. Olympia before Ronnie, so it was always him.

I was always a little sorry for Jay, since he was always second. I wondered where he got the motivation to compete again and again and again. But I believe yesterday was worth any effort for him.

And he looks soooooooooo huge. To me it seems as if all these Bodybuilders are actually wearing a suit (like the figures on festival) with only their head sticking out on top.

Congrats to the winner!

I am glad that a show doesn't make difference!

Edited by K-oz

I agree with the judges decision. I watched the predjudging and finals webcast. I had Victor Martinez 1st, Jay Cutler 2nd, Ronnie Coleman 3rd after watching pre-judging.

Good stuff. I love bodybuilding.

Go Jay! I think he will represent the sport well.

Even though he's not vegan and not natural, he's one of the guys who got me into this in the first place.

No, that's definitely not natural... Honestly, I don't find that physique aesthetically pleasing, it's just a bit too much. But you do have to respect the work ethic. Although just think of all the animals that have gone into that body...

Even though he's not vegan and not natural, he's one of the guys who got me into this in the first place.

No, that's definitely not natural... Honestly, I don't find that physique aesthetically pleasing, it's just a bit too much. But you do have to respect the work ethic. Although just think of all the animals that have gone into that body...

I've never thought about that...interesting point!

I've thought about that a lot. They consume more animals than anyone on the planet. But at the same time, guys like Jay inspired me to be a vegan bodybuilder and without that influence there wouldn't be this site or this forum, which has over the past 4 years or so, saved and unbelievable amount of animals lives.

I know their diets are terrible, but for example...Jay's wife even wears around Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness clothing. Of course she doesn't live the lifestyle, but they think about it, advertise it, and maybe someday will realize some health risks (she works in a hospital) and who knows, they might go vegan.

Imagine in a Vegan Jay Cutler I look forward to the day.

I don't support their diets, but they inspired me to be a bodybuilder, which has in turn, saved thousands and thousands of lives. Just this weekend I was featured in a newspaper in Canada that hundreds of thousands saw, I spoke at the Taste of Health Festival on Saturday and Sunday, and reached a lot of people. I do this stuff everyday (advertising the vegan lifestyle to large groups in some form) and I got her because I wanted to be like Jay and other IFBB pros.

guys like Jay inspired me to be a vegan bodybuilder and without that influence there wouldn't be this site or this forum, which has over the past 4 years or so, saved and unbelievable amount of animals lives.

Yeah, I thought about that too. In a way, I have him to thank for this board's inspiring me to go vegan... Causality is complex, huh?!

-JB

Yeah, just as I have animal testing and factory farming to thank for me becoming vegan.

I guess we all get inspired by different things. For me it was pro bodybuilding that got me into bodybuilding, and wanting to make the world better that made me vegan.

I enjoy both. We should also thank ourselves to be open to something new, and taking a step toward a brighter future.

*faints*

I admire the sheer dedication and perserverance it must take, but I have to agree with those who say it's not entirely asethetically pleasing. I like big muscles, but that's just a bit big for me.

still, it's pretty damn impressive! all the work and time that must've gone into it... WOW!

Yeah, I know. Freaks of nature! Or actually, not from nature. Freaks from Chemicals!!!!

Are you sure? I thought they would test these guys before or after competition. Are all of the pros on steroids or did you meant something else? I am really interested. Would it be possible to become that huge without anything except some vitamin pills?

Its not even remotely possible to get that big without tremendous amounts of fat...if you cut that fat then you'd lose all that muscle. Drugs are illegal but they don't test at all...natural bodybuilding contests are the only contests that test. These guys take everything legal and as many drugs they can get away with without killing themselves(atleast immediately)

Its not even remotely possible to get that big without tremendous amounts of fat...if you cut that fat then you'd lose all that muscle.

Sorry, but I don't get what you mean?!? If I'd loose fat I'd also loose muscles???

Drugs are illegal but they don't test at all...natural bodybuilding contests are the only contests that test. These guys take everything legal and as many drugs they can get away with without killing themselves(atleast immediately)

I thought they would test these guys. No?

When you have alot of muscle and also a considerable amount of fat(10%+) you lose a tremendous amount of muscle when dieting down...a lot of pros won't eat for days and do alot of cardio...in doing so they also lose quite a bit of muscle but its worth it to have the lower body fat. Few of them cut slowly to retain muscle because its much easier to build muscle if you have fat too...as for natural bodybuilders surely some of them are dirty too....not our resident superheros of course but I can imagine a lot of them are on something just like any sport that tests...just look at cycling...they get tested all the time...its just that most of them know how to not get caught