Nutrition info about fruits and veggies

robert

http://www.dole5aday.com/Grownups/Fun/G_DidYouKnow.jsp?topmenu=3

Sure it's from Dole, but it looks pretty cool. Nice little facts and tidbits. I think Brendan and I eat 33lbs of Bananas in a week (case in point we got 8 lbs yesterday and that will last about 48 hours. The average American eats 33lbs of bananas a year making it the most popular fruit in America.

I can only consume about 3 bananas a day, or it seems to make me feel

sluggish/not good.

Apples on the other hand.

I think I average at about 6 a day... I think my main source of calories

comes from apples..hah

I am really trying to have some variety, but nothing makes me feel

the way an apple does.

The are neutrally sweet and crisp, very refreshing.

Yeah, I hear ya. We can't keep enough bananas in the house. Pounds and pounds bought every few days. I'm also eating a lot of oranges these days too and lots of apples. I just sliced up about 6 of them and put them in a little baggy to take with me when I'm in the car.

It's a fun little chart with nutrition highlights so I thought it would be cool to share it here. Now go out and eat your fruits and veggies!

wonderful info! even though i just had a big yummy raw salad i am feeling hungry... truly, fruit is nature's candy and i've been greatly enjoying a lot of it lately! as for dates... at the moment i am nursing a serious addiction! i adore them. but i feel guilty for eating five in a go... i can't believe anyone eats more than that!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry...soon I'll be on the west coast and I'll only cause a problem for all the US/Canadian citizens that get bananas shipped through the Pacific...the Atlantic folk should be just fine