Nintendo

Dr. Pink

I assume this belongs here. It's entertaining. Anyone here a fan of Nintendo? I've been with them from the very start of child-hood. Ah the days of the NES. Playing Duck Hunt( Kind of Ironic seeing as how I'm against hunting but Duck Hunt is still classic to me. Does that make me a hypocrite? XD)

I like all things Nintendo. From the games( Mario, Zelda, Metorid, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Pikmin, Starfox, Ice Climbers, Pokemon, Castlevania and so many others..

To Cartoons( Like the classic Mario, Zelda and Captain N cartoons)

To even clothing( I meas just look at my signature)

And the number one reason I think I have loved Nintendo so much( Excluding the fact that I have grown up with them) is how creative and new they are compared to the everyday games. Even with the NES they had the Power Glove, R.O.B the Robot, NES Advantage, Button Pad and Zapper.

Usually Nintendo is the definition of different( In a good way mind you)

Which is one of the reasons I own a Nintendo Wii( And nothing else) I don't see a point in buying an X-Box 360. And I certainly would never buy a PS3 even if I were rich. The Wii is more pratical I think. I see it as a change of the way we play( Which is good becasue mostly games require you to sit down for long periods of time)

Are there any other Nintendo fans like me here?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. i used to be a fan of nintendo.. and i used to buy all the games i could.. .. but now i don't even play anymore.. and i sold what i had..

i like the shirt, not the best colors, nor the best game, but the shirt looks really good..

why would you be a hypocrate by playing duck hunting in your nintendo? it's not like you're killing real ducks..

the problem, is that by buying these games you're saying that you want more games like that, and if more games like that are available more people will buy it and think duck hunting is fun in the real life as well..

so... it's not really about you, you're not going to kill any ducks, but other people who played ( or will play ) games like that, depending on their education, they might try the same in real life...

Hmm well I do agree. Some people can;t differinciate what's real from fake. Much like the debate over violent games and sexual games to kids. But I was a fan of Dunk Hunt and loved it and despise hunting. So I guess it really depends ont he individual.

I went through a phase to when I had no games. But currently I have gotten back into Nintendo. I rarely ever sit down to play anymore. Which is why I adore the Wii. I can't wait for Resident Evil 4 Wii Version, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Metroid Prime 3. When I buy games I normaly only buy games that I know I will love for a long time or games that are a bargain but seem good.

But for the most part I love playing games on computer using an emulator. It's free

But I also do try hard to keep a life outside of games too. I'm about to go off to college soon, I want to get a full-time job and get into a sport. I see games as a fn way to pass the time.

Nintendo is definitely my favorite console company. As you said, they have done so much more innovation in the gaming industry than any other company can ever hope to. I rarely play games anymore, but going back to Nintendo classics is a blast now and then.

I bought a Wii in an attempt to "get with it" and develop a new hobby. Unfortunately, I made it barely half way through Zelda before I stopped playing. I recently bought Paper Mario and I think I'll probably end up doing the same thing. I'm going to stick to buying sports games only from now on.

A hockey game using the Wii setup would be dope. I also read that Guitar Hero III will be released for Wii so I'm looking forward to that.

I've had all the nintendo consoles and I love Zelda and Mario. Eternal darkness is also a favourite. I'm not really a gamer though (I don't play much) but when I want to play, all I need is available on nintendo (well, except Diablo II of course).

Yeah Eternal Darkness was pretty aweosme. I've had almose all of there consoles( Excluding Gameboy Micro and Virtual Boy) I don' play much for budget reasons( I only have Wii Sports right now) but I pretty much love everythng that Nintendo has to offer.

And most of the great games started on the NES. Metal Gear, Bubble Bobble( Now Bust-A-Nove, Destiny of an Emperor( Now Destiny Warriors) and Final Fantasy.

Ahh - nintendo...

Now this is my kind of topic even though I must confess I hardly ever play anymore. Maybe I'm getting old and I promised myself I never would.

I still collect games though, mainly to N64. Not as much fun as it used to be - we (my brother and I) had a LOT of games to all the consoles but he SOLD them all when I moved to Baltimore 6 years ago. When I returned we decided to get all the games back... of course that never happened. But when I see an op shop I always have a glance to see if there might be anything for me

N64 is still my fav console. Duke is my hero. Mario Kart my fav "combat" game (except for golden eye).

What would I not give to be a teenager again....

My Nintendo is hooked up to my TV right now. I'm not sure what game is in there though, probably Battletoads or Double Dragon 2.

i suck at battletoads really bad. Used to kick ass at american gladiators tho. haha. I've gotten less coordinated since I've gotten older. I'm awful at any 3D games like on game cube.

hahaha battletoads rocks. My favorites on the classic NES are Kid Icarus, Mega Man Series, All three Mario's, Dr. Mario, Kung Fu, Double Dragon, Yoshi and many others.

There are ways to play these games on your PC too if you don't have the money. But I'm not gonna say any more.

I will say this though. Some oldschool nintendo tunes transfere pretty well to Heavy Metal. Just the other day I went around collection various Nintendo Metal Versions of games like Contra, Mega Man and pretty much all of the old school stuff from various Nintendo cover bands. I use it when I work out.

I agree with LizWorld though. N64 rocks. I still remember the games I used to love. Mario 64, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Quest 64, Banjo-Kazoie and of caurse Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, kick ass, I played NES, SNES, N64 and GC. My mate has a Wii and I've played it a little. I've seen a bunch of new trendy Nintendo shirts, they're pretty cool. There is one which is similar to that shirt, but with sleeves, and it is green.

Yeah, kick ass, I played NES, SNES, N64 and GC. My mate has a Wii and I've played it a little. I've seen a bunch of new trendy Nintendo shirts, they're pretty cool. There is one which is similar to that shirt, but with sleeves, and it is green.

Did it have Racoon Mario on it?

The one I'm wearing in the pic had sleeves but I cut them off

• 9 months later...

The Wii rocks. Super Mario Galaxy is great, i'm hooked to it right now.

There is a pre launch party for Super Smash Bros. at 4 places in the U.S. NYC is one of them! 256 competitors at a best buy in soho duke it out to win a crystal covered wii. I am going to be there a little late because I have work but at least i'll get to see the game. Wish I was able to compete but doubt they'll be any spots left. Picking it up mar. 9th though, got it on pre order!

Loyal Nintendo fan, I have every system they ever made still. Nothing like popping in an nes tape and kicking it old school style. Blades of Steel tournaments will never go old for me. Love final fantasy, dragon warrior. Smash Bros. is an all time family favorite. Me and my two sisters can play all day and never get tired of it on the regular.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start.

007-373-5963.

before nintendo came around, I messed around with kalieko vision, bally basic and atari

The Wii rocks. Super Mario Galaxy is great, i'm hooked to it right now.

There is a pre launch party for Super Smash Bros. at 4 places in the U.S. NYC is one of them! 256 competitors at a best buy in soho duke it out to win a crystal covered wii. I am going to be there a little late because I have work but at least i'll get to see the game. Wish I was able to compete but doubt they'll be any spots left. Picking it up mar. 9th though, got it on pre order!

Loyal Nintendo fan, I have every system they ever made still. Nothing like popping in an nes tape and kicking it old school style. Blades of Steel tournaments will never go old for me. Love final fantasy, dragon warrior. Smash Bros. is an all time family favorite. Me and my two sisters can play all day and never get tired of it on the regular.

007-373-5963.

before nintendo came around, I messed around with kalieko vision, bally basic and atari

Contra FTW

I'm actually planning on entering the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament. I don't want to get my hopes upa nd jinx my chances of winning. I'll just go in there with my head held high and kick some serious assssss ^^

I just dug up a biography I was asked to write for when I was dabbling with the idea of fitness modeling. This is an excerpt from it:

"I would like to extend my gratitude to the creators of Nintendo in 1985 as I firmly believe to this day that they were responsible for developing my peripheral and lateral eye-to-hand coordination; these skills have undoubtedly shaped me into who I am today"

good luck with the tournament, can't wait till next week, been sitting on my hands for 3 mos waiting for the gamer to come out. I wanted to flip when they postponed its release.