Nintendo

Dr. Pink

Why couldn't you take it with you, the whole fam uses it huh? O well. If you're ever hanging out there and you want a game, warm yourself up for two hours and lemme know! And as for anyone else who wants to play, feel free to contact me on my Wii. It would be cool to play other vbbf members as well as have some nice vbbf Mii's on my console roaming around. Send them over!!!!

Well, does anyone care to share pictures of their Miis? It would be interesting to see your creations. This is me by the way (my real name is Giacomo, or some of you may know me as Jack for short). I also am posting my friend codes for braw and mariokart as well as my console number for the wii. Anyone care to share, hook up, play??

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P6220001.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P6220002.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P6220003.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P6220004.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/jackbklyn01/P6220005.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mii is adorable hahaha

Yeah.. Unfortunately nobody plays the Wii anymore. My mom works two jobs, her boyfriend bought a new motorcycle to play with, and my sister's fat and pregnant and can't do anything!

I wonder if I could "borrow" it for a bit? Mwa ha ha.

As a teenager I was playing video games in arcades, I had a Super Nintendo, lol, the old Atari, etc. My favorite game on Nintendo was MarioKart, espescially the Battle Mode but I liked to race too. After high school I just stopped playing video games I don't know why.

Now 10-15 years later, I just played for the first time again. I work in a video store since several months and watching tons of movies but it's only today I had the idea to bring home a Nintendo GameCube and some games, it's all free. So tonight I played MarioParty 4 (I hate it, not my kind of games) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (this one is OK), after just a few minutes I got bored but tomorrow I'm gonna change for better (I hope) games.

Perhaps next week i'm gonna take the Wii instead because there's a new version of MarioKart that looks awesome, this I'm gonna play all nights!

I have Nintendo DS Lite. <3 It's great for traveling, since I travel quite a lot by bus to get to see my loved one and it takes 1,5h to get there. So I play and listen to music at the same time and I totally forget that I'm actually traveling.

I've bought most of my games from stores that sell also second-hand games, 'cause it's cheaper and better choice than buying everything brand new. I also tried to find used DS Lites, but there were none at that moment.

My fav games are Project Rub and LifeSigns: surgical unit.

I've played 6 games this week on the GameCube. They all suck, it's for kids!

I guess the Wii has some games for all people. There,s 2 games I wanna try for sure on the Wii:

Mariokart and I heard there's a yoga game called WiiFit or something with a carpet as accessory, you perform the poweryoga positions yourselft and it reproduce it in the game!

Im your man, the mariokart you loved is absolutely amazing on battle mode!

Me & 3 best friends played for months on the battle mode on the stack level, it is truly one of the best games made.Also good were bond 007 & its succesor Perfect Dark.

Before all of that I was into the original Mario games starting on the NES, then SNES, then N64.

I actually still play on the N64 sometimes cos you cant get the playbility these days..

Yes Mariokart was an awesome game on the SuperNintendo and Nintendo64. I was never got bored to play this game, and yes James Bond 007 too was excellent! I forgot about this one, it's been so long since I stopped playing video games. I used to play on many platforms and go to the arcades almost every day. I should have keep at least an old system with Mariokart, but I might find it somewhere for really cheap.

And do you know if the new mariokart on the Wii is good? I'm gonna try it in a week or so. I can try for free but if I become addicted I might by the Wii and this game when I can afford it.

I just got a DS R4 in the mail the other day and OMG it is AWESOME. It allows you to download free Nintendo DS games and play them for free. I also have emulators on there. NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Atari 2600( Although I haven't gotten the 2600 to work yet ) So far I have 100 games for all the emulators listed above, 10 whole DS Games, A few pictures ( Not telling what they are ) a cool program that turns my DS into a personal organizer, a couple of Homebrew( Fan made ) games and a couple of other programs...all on one 2GB SD mini card.

I must say the purchase of my DS R4 is most certainly worth the 75 bucks I paid for. I can now play Battle Toads, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, All the Sonic the Hedgehogs, Any Pokemon game I want, ...Hell the list goes on. I'll just stop here.

Oh yeah. And I can also watch movies now on my DS thanks to my R4. I just watched Kung Fu Panda last night. And curently downloading Advent Children( Although it seems like the torrent might be dead )

My husband and I LOVE our Wii!!!!! In fact he's playing MarioKart right now while I am watching and checking out the boards. He also plays Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I really suck at Brawl so I just watch when he plays. If anyone ever wants to play with us sometime, let us know! I'll come back and post the friend code for Brawl later on, when he gets done with MarioKart.

My husband and I LOVE our Wii!!!!! In fact he's playing MarioKart right now

So how is Mariokart ? How much on a scale of 10 would you give it compared to the older versions?

I just got a DS R4 in the mail the other day and OMG it is AWESOME. It allows you to download free Nintendo DS games and play them for free. I also have emulators on there. NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Atari 2600( Although I haven't gotten the 2600 to work yet ) So far I have 100 games for all the emulators listed above, 10 whole DS Games, A few pictures ( Not telling what they are ) a cool program that turns my DS into a personal organizer, a couple of Homebrew( Fan made ) games and a couple of other programs...all on one 2GB SD mini card.

I must say the purchase of my DS R4 is most certainly worth the 75 bucks I paid for. I can now play Battle Toads, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, All the Sonic the Hedgehogs, Any Pokemon game I want, ...Hell the list goes on. I'll just stop here.

Oh yeah. And I can also watch movies now on my DS thanks to my R4. I just watched Kung Fu Panda last night. And curently downloading Advent Children( Although it seems like the torrent might be dead )

Watch out if the FBI fall on your post they're gonna come get you lol

But seriously what is this DS R4 ? I've been out of the video games world since like 10 years so I don't know anything. I've heard about those emulators though. You're playing all those games from different platforms on your computer or on the DS R4?

Anyway I think it's great, must be paradise for a gamer.

But concerning the movies, it allows you to watch them in what quality and on what kind of screen ? Filmmaker David Lynch wouldn't like that at all... he wants that people watch his movies on the highest quality possible like at the movie theatre or on a home cinema to fully feel and experience what he meant to express with his art. For him the act of watching a movie is sacred and it would be a lack of respect to all the work and effort he and all his film crew did to make the film if it was to be watched on a computer. He said in an interview :Don't watch movies on your fucking telephone! get a fucking life!

My husband and I LOVE our Wii!!!!! In fact he's playing MarioKart right now

So how is Mariokart ? How much on a scale of 10 would you give it compared to the older versions?

My husband says he would give it a 7.

The good points...

-There is a wide range of characters, including being allowed to play as your Mii.

-Can also play with motorbikes as well as karts.

-The online play is awesome! It's much easier to get into a race on there than it is to connect with folks on Brawl.

The bad points...

-The 150CC is way harder than it has been in previous games.

-The two player mode doesn't allow for a cooperative mode. The two player mode from MarioKart Double Dash was MUCH better.

-Although the Wii wheel is cool, the game can be played just fine with the remote.

As for me, my favorite version still is Double Dash. My husband's favorite is a tie between the Nintendo 64 version and Double Dash.

great post vegangirl, i pretty much agree with all of your reasoning. I also would like to say that for some reason, I find the battle mode to be very lame but other than that, everything about it is very cool. You can't beat being able to play online with others and even head to head with ghost matches, the ghost being a random online player. It's interesting to see other players online and where there from and all when they go against you and all too. I like the classics but i'm addicted to the better graphics I prefer smash over mariokart, personally but I like them both and play them both....

Watch out if the FBI fall on your post they're gonna come get you lol

But seriously what is this DS R4 ? I've been out of the video games world since like 10 years so I don't know anything. I've heard about those emulators though. You're playing all those games from different platforms on your computer or on the DS R4?

Anyway I think it's great, must be paradise for a gamer.

But concerning the movies, it allows you to watch them in what quality and on what kind of screen ? Filmmaker David Lynch wouldn't like that at all... he wants that people watch his movies on the highest quality possible like at the movie theatre or on a home cinema to fully feel and experience what he meant to express with his art. For him the act of watching a movie is sacred and it would be a lack of respect to all the work and effort he and all his film crew did to make the film if it was to be watched on a computer. He said in an interview :Don't watch movies on your fucking telephone! get a fucking life!

The R4 is a slot 1 ( Meaning it goes into the slot where DS games go ) media/homebrew enabled device. Normally the Nintendo DS can only play games but with this device( There are others but for people like me the R4 is perfect since any and all technical patches that need to be done it does it automatically ) you can play MP3's, View JPEG files and such. And yes all those emulators I mentioned I can now play on my DS( Although PC is typically best for emulators in general I like oldschool gaming on the go )

The video playback that I got so far from the two movies I have seen on my Nintendo DS( Kung Fu Panda and See no evil, Hear no Evil ) was pretty amazing. The file is in a .dpg format( Which is basically a special mpg movie file made for the DS( The also make converters but for me it's too much trouble so I prefer to download movies that are already in the proper format ) As for the screen. You can choose to play the video in either the top or bottom screen. I prefer the top screen.

I do admit though. Movies( Especially kick ass ones like cloverfield ) truly look best on the big screen. Movies on someones DS is really just a novelty. A way to pass the time when your great Aunt Gladus is getting root canal and you are stuck in the waiting room for several hours( People used in this saying are made up )

great post vegangirl, i pretty much agree with all of your reasoning. I also would like to say that for some reason, I find the battle mode to be very lame but other than that, everything about it is very cool. You can't beat being able to play online with others and even head to head with ghost matches, the ghost being a random online player. It's interesting to see other players online and where there from and all when they go against you and all too. I like the classics but i'm addicted to the better graphics I prefer smash over mariokart, personally but I like them both and play them both....

I love the improved graphics as well! They are so much better.

Smash is awesome but I absolutely detest their online mode. No matter how many times my husband gets on there and tries to get in a random battle, there's never anyone for him to play with. Yet if he goes into spectator mode there's always a brawl to watch. But there's never one to join. We've tried getting on in different times during the day and night and we can't ever seem to find people who want to do online brawls. When he wants to battle other real people he usually just chooses from his friends list because we can't ever get in a brawl just searching for others randomly. That is the game's biggest flaw.

I love the improved graphics as well! They are so much better.

Smash is awesome but I absolutely detest their online mode. No matter how many times my husband gets on there and tries to get in a random battle, there's never anyone for him to play with. Yet if he goes into spectator mode there's always a brawl to watch. But there's never one to join. We've tried getting on in different times during the day and night and we can't ever seem to find people who want to do online brawls. When he wants to battle other real people he usually just chooses from his friends list because we can't ever get in a brawl just searching for others randomly. That is the game's biggest flaw.

That's extremely odd as I have never ever had a problem finding an opponent? And i've played all hours of the day and night. Weird..... But I have been playing kart mofre recently. Maybe everyone migrated over to kart? dunno.... I'll try again and see if I have that issue.

Wii's are about $250 dollars.

Really ? I thought it was more. At the rental video store they ask a 500$ deposit. Canadian dollars but now US dollars are pretty much the same than Canadian dollars.

I might buy a Wii one of these days. I didn't know we can play online with a Wii !?

Yeah the Wii has some pretty cool online features. You'll need a Wireless router. I believe there currently making a wired connection too.

You can even browse the internet on your Wii. View Youtube videos. Hell, you could even post on VBBF from your comfy sofa. You just point the Wii-Mote at yout TV screen and there will be an on-screen keyboard( I think they make a wireless keyboard for the Wii but I think the Wii-Mote is best )

You can even download old games( It's called the Virtual Console ) like Super Mario Kart( The SNES one was my all time favorite )

It's a lot cheaper then the other systems too. Plus you get a pretty good work out

I can't wait till I can afford one.

• 2 weeks later...