Track Racing Pics

Guest veganpotter

Here is me lining up way too far back for my own good

This kid infront of me was incredible. He must have been 10-11 at most and he rode with all of us until the end of the races when the speed picked up. He would have been up with us at the end too if it weren't for the limitations given to young riders and gearing. He never beat me but it always took me a bit to catch him. He's surely a super star in the making

Me coming in after my second race...unfortunately no matter how many times I saved this flipped level it still won't post that way...oh well

I thought I had more racing pics but most are fuzzy. I do have some video though that I'll post once I get my youtube account.

Here is a clip of the end of my first race. I wasn't in the lead I was just in the lead of the second group. I wasn't smart and was set up by some 15yr old kid. Anyway it was fun...I just wish I stayed with the front group. With the way I rode I would have probably used less energy in the back of the lead group than I did in this group. I'm also sitting up way too high and need to lower my handlebars for aero dynamics...I didn't notice this until I saw the video...thanks Jamie

This is the start off the rail of an 8 lap final race. Nothing exciting...its just to show you how things work. You roll off the wall and get into position...then the gun goes off at the end of the last turn and the race starts

This is the end of the 8 lap race...I have no idea why the bell went off so many times(maybe it was just a mom or dad with a similar bell) but anyway the winner was it. This doesn't show the end but it finishes at the start of the last lap. I think I was in 8th and moving up to 7th when this clip cuts off but I wound up passing a couple people so I think I was maybe 4th-5th. This was by far the most fun of the three races and I think I was just finally getting comfortable inspite of getting a scary bumping in the second to last corner. Anyway I think if we had one or two more races I would have been able to win one since I was finally beginning to figure things out.

Thanks everyone...I'm looking forward to racing out in Portland and maybe having some the the crew show up to cheer me on(maybe even cheer on Robert)

Good Stuff...

What bike and setup are you riding for track!!!

I'm actually riding a Trek T1. Its the lightest mens bike I've ever picked up. Its actually barely over 13lbs. As for the components I've got Cane Creek Volos wheels, Continental Podium Tubular tires, Dura Ace cranks with a 53/16 for now and thats about it. The handlebars aren't anything special but I've got a nice Thompson elite stem.

Nice work man! It doesn't seem as steep as Alpenrose but looks good. Nice jersey too! I know the OA group is proud man

See you soon and I might join you on the track for fun in a few weeks. Keep on riding and racing and all that you do.

Potter......Potter.......Potter......Potter!!!

Thanks bud...I'm looking forward to going out there with you. And yes your correct. This track is nearly flat compared to Alpenrose. Its a lot faster(333m compared to 258meters) and smoother since they hold nationals there nearly every year but its not quite as much fun due to that crazy bank. I also think I'm a bit stonger on the shorter track but maybe thats just my head.

I'm definately bringing my bike...two actually...but maybe even three if Jamie gets hers by then.

Do you have studded snow tires for your bike?

They are still working on getting the snow off the road.

It is still unsure if the road will be open by June 1

Nope No need for that here. We got maybe 1.5 inches of snow this winter and that is maybe measuring the drifts. It never covered the ground and only stuck on cars, trees and a bit on roofs.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice racing Gear Potter

Mine Arrived today !!! GO VEGAN

Here is me lining up way too far back for my own good

This kid infront of me was incredible. He must have been 10-11 at most and he rode with all of us until the end of the races when the speed picked up. He would have been up with us at the end too if it weren't for the limitations given to young riders and gearing. He never beat me but it always took me a bit to catch him. He's surely a super star in the making

Me coming in after my second race...unfortunately no matter how many times I saved this flipped level it still won't post that way...oh well

I thought I had more racing pics but most are fuzzy. I do have some video though that I'll post once I get my youtube account.

I'm gonna be getting more pics up soon. I just did a few time trials in Minnesota...a 2k, 4k then a 1k. I was pretty cold for all of them and it was super windy but it was fun and I felt my times were good considering I've been in a car for 4 days or so.