I'm a DV fan!

robert

I've known DV online since before she came to this forum over a year ago. I met her though another forum and invited her here. We met during the summer of 06 and for the first time we finally trained together in 08.

She rocks! She has great focus, an awesome work ethic, patience, commitment and dedication.

It was inspiring, motivating and fun training with her.

I always thought DV was cool, but now I'm a fan of her as an athlete too.

I look forward to training with more of you soon. It is refreshing to train with people who have that focus and dedication. It brings out the best in me too.

Thanks!

I had a great time training with Robert and Josh this past week. The two of them are very entertaining at the gym. Especially those socks that Rob gave to Josh. I wish I had a picture for the rest of you. And Rob does a great impression of Kate Winslet (Titanic movie) at the end of his back extension sets. But seriously, it was really good to get new ideas and inspiration from them.

I made a commitment to apply myself to bodybuilding using the same guidelines I apply to health and nutrition. So what Robert experienced was me 2 weeks into a 12 week "experiment" based on my research into protein intake, supplements and exercise.

My program is based on the Accommodation Avoidance System by Dr. Joe (the great guy who was chased off this forum for not being vegan enough). I am cycling creatine monohydrate for 4 weeks (10 gms per day the first week and then 3 weeks of 5 gms - then off for at least 4 weeks). I take one serving of Xtend BCAA during my workout and one serving immediately afterwards. My overall protein intake is 110-140 gms per day and fat intake is 20% or lower of total calories.

My goals at this point are to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle and take off 15 pounds of fat (more or less depending on competitions). I'm a 42 year old female, 5'10" and started at 142 pounds with 24% body fat (caliper method, same person who's tracking my progress). In 2 weeks I've put on 6 pounds with only a 500 calories per day increase. I'm sure some of it is water that will come off when I stop the creatine. Hopefully, a good amount of it will be muscle.

I have a very difficult time putting on muscle. If this 12 week program doesn't work then I'll keep trying until I find something else. I'm not that great at taking pictures but will start. I won't post an online journal because I know I won't keep up with it. I do have a paper journal that I'm keeping. If I see good gains then I'd be happy to share the details in another 10 weeks.

If anyone else on the forum ever wants to work out together, I have a 24 Hour Fitness membership and can have one free guest at the downtown location.

P.S. Offense - My husband says you should move in with me if you you'd like to experience all there is to dislike about me. The man is a saint, believe me.

If I continue to work out with Robert then you'll probably see some. He and Josh were almost late for dinner after one workout because they went home and did some posing (other thread) before showering. My hubby takes some bad pictures and I'm not much of a poser yet. Stay tuned.

The goal for all of us is to become a poser.

Once we have achieved that status, we can rest.

DV is awesome and just as Josh mentioned, her back is ripped, but perhaps even more impressive were her arms. I commented on the veins in the biceps while she was training.

A passionate interest with drive an enthusiasm to achieve something usually results in progress toward the goal waiting to be attained.

DV has all the right tools to achieve what she has set out to do.

There are a bunch of people here with bright futures in this industry.

Well, it's nice to know that some of you are okay with the "sassy pants" part of me!

I promise that I will eventually post some pictures. If Robert is willing to take them. But they will definitely be after my creatine cycle. It makes me bloat big time.