Low Sodium soy Sauce Sucks

Dr. Pink

Def buying the wrong brand, but why are you putting soy sauce on things anyway?

I agree with what you're saying, condiments are so unnecessary and serve very little nutritional purpose... but I'd rather have someone using soy sauce on vegan food than meat and dairy WITHOUT soy sauce, other condiments.

Agreed...I'm addicted. Tahini makes a great condiment too. As for soy sauce I would really only call it a condiment in the west. In Asia its a very important ingredient...especially in the hotter regions.

Hey Pinkie,

Maybe try Tamari,

It is low in Salt and tastes great...

I must admit I do like soy sauce in my stir frys, Kecap Manis is seriously addictive as well, ummm as is mushroom soy sauce....

Chilli, Tahini, Hummous and chutneys (mmmm mango Chutney) are all great to add a bit more flavour to things...

My housemate told me once I was a condiment-arian, hmmmm there may be some truth to that

Mustard is sooo not unnecessary...

Wasnt mustard "invented" for hot dogs?

It's not potato salad without mustard, either!!!

That said, (low sodium) Tamari sauce is really good. I'm really partial to the San-Jay brand. It's quite tasty, without the really high sodium levels that traditional soy sauce has... packs a lot of flavor... I use it in soups, gravies, stews, etc. It works really well.

Mustard is sooo not unnecessary...

Wasnt mustard "invented" for hot dogs?

I think its true purpose is tempeh or baked tofu.

mmm.

Yes, I love it on tempeh. It is also good with vegetables. I love it on most things really. If you buy a sodium-free or low sodium brand, it isn't a bad condiment. Tahini is probably my favorite condiment, though. Chutneys are great too.

Hey Pinkie,

Maybe try Tamari,

It is low in Salt and tastes great...

I must admit I do like soy sauce in my stir frys, Kecap Manis is seriously addictive as well, ummm as is mushroom soy sauce....

Chilli, Tahini, Hummous and chutneys (mmmm mango Chutney) are all great to add a bit more flavour to things...

My housemate told me once I was a condiment-arian, hmmmm there may be some truth to that

Thanks. I use Tamari all the time. It must have been the brand. It was trader joes brand low sodium. I nowmally get Organic Tamari.

I only really use soy Sauce when I want to eat Asian styled foods. Can't have chow mein without it.