Procore Advance Buckwheat Protein ROCKS

I agree with bpmojo.

I finally got my Procore in the mail (I had a problem with the first company and then went with bodybuilding.com).

For $1 per serving of 21 grams of protein, this is no bargain. I'm not sure how much soy is in the mix so I don't know the amino acid profile of pure buckwheat protein fractions based on the container. I'm going to look at the amino acid profile of buckwheat and compare it to soy to see what I'm actually paying for.

As for taste, for someone who has cut all simple carbs out of her diet this stuff is sweet enough to hurt your teeth! I added it to my oatmeal and it's still exceptionally sweet. I can't imagine it straight.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat buckwheat groats regularly. They are not cheap, soy beans are.

If the whole point of this protein powder is to get something with a mild taste and the amino acid mix of a "grain" ( buckwheat is not a grain and it has a "complete" set of AAs ) then I can't recommend nutribiotics brand brown rice protein.

It has a mild taste, you only need two tablespoons to get 24 grams of protein for 120 calories, and you get a nice sized jug for about $16

I agree with bpmojo.

I finally got my Procore in the mail (I had a problem with the first company and then went with bodybuilding.com).

For $1 per serving of 21 grams of protein, this is no bargain. I'm not sure how much soy is in the mix so I don't know the amino acid profile of pure buckwheat protein fractions based on the container. I'm going to look at the amino acid profile of buckwheat and compare it to soy to see what I'm actually paying for.

As for taste, for someone who has cut all simple carbs out of her diet this stuff is sweet enough to hurt your teeth! I added it to my oatmeal and it's still exceptionally sweet. I can't imagine it straight.

Try cutting it with half of some plain gemma or add double the water you normally use.

I like it for variety. It would be too sweet to drink more than twice a day I think, but I was so burnt out on gemma and I like the variety. I'm currently in love with Pure Advantage Chocolate Mint that I make into a creamy pudding after dinner. SOOOO good.

BeforeWisdom, Thanks for a brand of rice protein. I've been searching.

Zack, I'm going for 100 or less of a glycemic load per day in an attempt to make my insulin work for me in a more anabolic way. It's a bit more involved than just cutting out simple carbs.

VeggiePrincess, I was going to start cutting it with Gemma. Do you get it flavored? I've only tried it plain and it makes my oatmeal taste like (I imagine) baby vomit after a meal of peas and oats.

Zack, I'm going for 100 or less of a glycemic load per day in an attempt to make my insulin work for me in a more anabolic way. It's a bit more involved than just cutting out simple carbs.

Explain that more in-depth when you have time plz.

I may have to pm you on this one. Whatever you're doing is working well for you. I'm trying to decrease fat while maintaining lean body mass and exploring the best way to do this. I'm experimenting with different "diets" to see which works best for me.

I agree with bpmojo.

Yeah the stuff is pretty pricey and also super sweet. I'm using a half scoop of procore with 1/2 scoop gemma blended in about 2 cups soymilk. Triple Whammy!

love this stuff, too!

been eating it "veggie princess pudding"-style; sometimes using ricemilk, soymilk or hempmilk but most times just good old water.

my coworkers say it looks like spackle and my son said it looks like cement... but it's so good!

and mixing it with other powders is especially good to cut it from a financial standpoint and taste-wise (been using soy protein powder, whole soybean powder or non-soy veg protein booster, and eating it by itself plus mixing it with cocoa powder, too).

do want to try the gemma but fundsarelow rite now (NOTE did find procore at about 50% off by froogling it; got it on closeout from worldclassnutrition.com)

it's like frosting or cookie dough (maybe throw in some vegan chocolate or carob chips?).

have to give a real big shout out to veggie princess because when first read the pudding recipe was thinking what the heck is she talking bout... but it works!

been doing all kinds of puddings now.

i am a pudding freak!

will post this to the other pudding post, too, cos it's so delicious and nutritious!

am going to eat some right now...

• 1 year later...
hi guys. i'm new to posting but have been reading this forum for months (i'm shy) and i just had to put my two cents in here. i just recieved my buckwheat protien and i had to try it immediately and it is awesome. pricey? kinda, but it's like dessert with just water. very cool.

I thought you didn't introduce yourself in the intro thread. Bad Dani !

Well it's never too late, even if it's been over 13 months to actually welcome you to the forum..

And my place whenever you can't stand the smell of Stinky lol

Welcome to the forum thendanisays !!! <3

I got all excited cuz i thought someone was gonna say that this protein wasn't discontinued any longer. HAHAHA

but that is so sweet washer. i love you. I'm pretty sure that i did post an intro though...with some scary before and after pictures hahahaha. oh washer. i love you.

• 2 weeks later...